News: BFC transfers (news and rumours)

Discussion in 'Blackpool' started by Bispham Seasider, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Bispham Seasider

Bispham Seasider New Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Stuart Green
    Midfielder Stuart Green has been sent out on loan until 31 December to League One strugglers Crewe Alexandra.

He has only started one league game since signing in January with five substitute appearances. His only appearance this season came in the League Cup as a substitute. Even though Simon Grayson had been after the player for eighteen months he has been a huge dissapointment, and I wouln't be surprised if he ended up leaving on a permanent basis sooner rather than later.

Dominic Merella
    Last week Sky Sports speculated that the youngster was about to go ot on loan to get some first team experience. Merella is one of the brightest young prospects at the club and helped the club's youth team win the Lancashire County FA Youth Cup last season, and also played a number of matches for the reserves. He was rewarded with his first professional contract this season and continued to do well for the reserves earning rave reviews for his performances. This week when the reserves played Rochdale there were apparently a "host of scouts and managers" there, (no doubt one from Crewe!), and maybe Merella will also be sent out on loan soon. Canadian midfielder also played in the match, and maybe he is also another who might be sent out on loan again. (He spent the latter part of last season on loan at league One club Cheltenham Town.)

2. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Transfer News

Alan Gow
    Rangers have told Gow that he can leave Rangers in the January transfer window. However, whether Blackpool will sign him or not remains to be seen. Gow has fallen out of favour in recent weeks.

Liam Dickinson
    It is looking increasingly likely that Dickinson will (unfortunately for Blackpool) return to Derby County when his loan spell runs out on 1st January. Most 'Pool fans would want to see him stay by the seaside, however it would either be a longer loan deal or the club having to smash their transfer record to capture him on a permanent basis. But with Derby not exactly doing well, they will surely want him to return.

3. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Canadian midfielder Michael D'Agostino was today released by Blackpool after failing to get into the first team. He spent part of last season on loan at League One club Cheltenham Town where he impressed enough for the Seasiders to give him an extension to his contract. However, he has not featured at all this season and been unable to even get in the match day squad. He is expected to return to Canada at least for the time being.

4. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Alan Gow
    The Blackpool Gazette are reporting that a transfer fee of £200,000 has been agreed for Alan Gow to sign in January. He clearly has no future at Rangers, who have already said they are willing to let him go. However, it now depends on the player himself, whether he wants to sign for us or not. Or maybe see if he can get a better deal at another club.

He is regarded even by the players as the most naturally gifted player at the club and has the potential to be a real gem at the club.

5. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Ouch. It's been all go at Bloomfield Road today & so far not good news.

Zesh Rehman - back at QPR but no real surprise as he has hardly played.

Steve Kabba - back at Watford. Again no surprise.

Liam Dickinson - has today been recalled by Derby County. At first it looked as if they would let him stay but has now gone back. A big blow IMO.

Lee Hendrie - back at Sheffield United. Suspended for 3 games and did not play last night.

Graham Stack - back at Plymouth Argyle. No surprise as he has not played.

Alan Gow - Apparently considering the clubs offer. A bid of £200,000 has been accpted for him by Rangers. It is now up to the player himself whether he wants to stay at the seaside. He may well have offers though to go to other Championship clubs. Just hope he stays as he is probably the most gifted player at the club.

Adam Hammill - The official site reports that Hammill has returned to Liverpool to discuss his situation with the management at Anfield before making a decision on his future. It is not known whether he will return to Blackpool for a longer period or not.

All of which means that right now we have just two fit strikers at the club.

6. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Kyel Reid - Forgot to say that he may wll be staying for a further month.

7. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Adam Hammill
    Hammill who is back at Liverpool, has said he would be happy to return to Bloomfield Road should Rafa Benitez decide to let him to return to the seaside. Hammill said, "I'm not sure what will happen yet but I'm just going to take it step by step and whatever happens I'll be happy with. I've really enjoyed it at Blackpool so if I come back here for six months I will or if he wants me to stay at Liverpool I will."
    Of Blackpool he said, "This is an ideal place for me and I'm enjoying my football here. The move to Blackpool this season has been great for me because I can live at home as well, so it's an ideal place for me to play my football."

8. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

No real news other than that Tony Parkes has apparently said that the club are making real efforts to get new players in this week and are looking at getting some of the loan players back again if they can.

9. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

A quote from Simon Grayson -

"There are some good players there – but I don't want to be too disrespectful to Blackpool by going back to pinch all their players. I would say it would be highly unlikely that I'll go back to Blackpool and take any of their players. They are Championship players who may want to stay in the Championship."

Oh how very kind of him that it is unlikely that he will "take any of their (our) players".....

However considering we have a depleted squad already with quite a few who never even play like Marlon Broomes, Matty Kay etc it is no big deal!

10. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Rumour

The News of the World (ok so not exactly the most reliable source) are apparently reporting that we are after Tranmere Rovers player Stephen Jennings. He is a 24 year old central midfielder who has played 114 league games for them scoring 6 goals.

11. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Not looking promising about getting players in to say the least.

Alan Gow will almost certainly sign for Wolves where he will probably end up being a bench warmer, but he will at least be at a club headed for the Premier League next season.

Of all the other loan players, Tony Parkes has said,

Kyel Reid - "He may come back – there may be a chance of that. We are waiting for him to decide what he is going to do."

Adam Hammill - He is spending a couple of weeks at Liverpool to see if there is anything for him there. So we maybe have a chance with Adam but we can't wait. Games come thick and fast and we've got to get players in quickly."

Parkes has admitted the squad is desperately thin following the mass exodus of loan players. Well he couldnt really do anything else. Quite why no-one at the club didn't think that it could happen that we would lose all the loan players I don't know. Bizarre planning to say the least.

The squad is so short of players though that Stuart Green and Daniel Nardiello both started at Torquay on Saturday, even though they hadn't started a game all season. Plus of course yongster Dominic Merella made his but in the 2nd half. Parkes said, "We've got irons in the fire and hopefully we will be bringing in players this week to add a bit of strength to the team and the squad.We are working hard to get those players in and it's no secret that we need to make signings. Hopefully we'll get these new players in by next week because we need them for the Birmingham match."

12. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Rumour
    From The Sun- Apparently Blackpool and QPR are interested in signing Burnley striker Ade Akinbiyi. As if we could possibly compete with QPR!

13. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Graeme Owens

Sky Sports are reporting that Blackpool have signed Owens, a winger, from Middlesbrough, on loan for an initial one month with the option to keep him until the end of the season. He is a highly rated player.

"Blackpool have won the race to sign highly-rated Middlesbrough winger Graeme Owens, skysports.com understands.

The 20-year-old Owens has made just one first-team appearance for Boro, in the Carling Cup.

He also has previous experience in the Football League having spent time with Chesterfield last season.
    Now Boro have agreed to let him out on loan again and Blackpool have won the race to secure his services.

A host of Championship and League One clubs were keen on Owens, who can play on either flank, but he is now heading to Bloomfield Road.
    Owens will spend an initial month in the North West with a view to extending that until the end of the season."

14. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Appparently Blackpool were rumoured to be after West Bromwich Albion's 24 year old Dutch striker Sherjill MacDonald.

However with the club today signing striker DJ Campbell, perhaps MacDonald won't be signing. Having said that I still think we need at least one more striker coming in, especially with the news that Stephen McPhee will be out of action for at least another 3 weeks.

15. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

More rumours

Sky Sports News have been reporting that Blackpool are in talks with Hull City about signing striker Dean Windass and midfielder Ryan France.

teamtalk.com are reporting that -

Both have fallen down the pecking order since helping the club secure promotion to the Premier League last season.

Striker Windass, 39, has made just six first-team apperances for the Tigers since scoring the winner in the Championship play-off final last May. France, 28, has played just once - in the Carling Cup.

Hull manager Phil Brown said, "Dean Windass is in talks with Oldham, Blackpool and Hartlepool and Ryan France has had an offer from Blackpool to go there on loan."

16. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Another striker?
    Following on from the signing of Campbell and Owens, the Blackpool Gazette today reported that "Stand-in managers Tony Parkes and Steve Thompson are aiming to bring in one more forward before the weekend."

Perhaps that might be Dean Windass?

17. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Adam Hammill
    Although his number 7 shirt has been re-allocated to Graeme Owens with most 'Pool fans then thinking that Adam Hammill would not be returning to the seaside, there is still a chance that he will come back until the end of the season. Hammill has said, "I enjoyed it at Blackpool, so I would go back there for the rest of the season. Eventually I want to break into the Liverpool team but I realise it will be a step-by-step process." However, Blackpool won't wait mch longer to see if he will come back.

Alan Gow
    His move to Wolves was called off last week when there was a complication in his medical. Blackpool still want to sign him, but I can't see him coming back here.

More incoming?
    Assistant manager Steve Thompson has said that there are likely to be more new signings by next weekend's trip to Coventry. Every senior member of the Seasiders management staff is spending the week taking in matches in a bid to spot players and make more signings.

Thompson said yesterday, "We have more irons in the fire and hopefully we might have a few more in before the Coventry game. We've had a chat with the chairman. He has been fine about bringing players in. We've identified our targets and we are waiting to hear in the next couple of days with certain players what's going to happen. There are a lot of things that are ongoing and we are going to a lot of games next week. A lot of those will be Premiership reserve games."

18. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Northern Irish player on trial

According to reports from Northern Ireland, Blackpool have taken Limavady United midfielder Ryan McIlmolye on trial. He was recently on trial with Birmingham City and is apparently attracting interest from a number of Championship and League One clubs.

Ryan France
    28 year old Hull City player Ryan France has revealed that he turned down a move to Blackpool as he wants to try and break into the Tigers Premier Leage team. However, he added that he will consider a move if things don't work out for him at Hull and they want to release him.

19. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

A possible four new signings?
    In an interview with the Blackpool Gazette, Tony Parkes has revealed that the club have lined up loan deals for two young Premier League players and are in talks about two permanent signings, although none will be concluded by the Coventry City match. The transfer activity is likely to step up next week.

The two young top-flight players are set to be long-term loans (presumably until the end of the season. One is a left winger, the other is a striker. There are no details yet though about the permanent signings.

Ryan McIlmoyle
    Northern Irish winger Ryan McIlmoyle is due to link up with the squad at the back end of next week for a trial spell.

Adam Hammill
    Tony Parkes today suggested it was unlikely that Hammill would return to Bloomfield Road, despite Liverpool making the youngster available on loan.

20. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Four new signings becomes a possible five

With striker Ben Burgess liklely to miss the next two home matches with a knee injury, Tony Parkes today said that Blackpool are now looking to bring in two more strikers. They are already due to sign one striker this week, but now need two.

Two young Premier League players, a striker and a winger, are expected to sign on loan this week, and the club are also close to making two other permanent signings.

Tony Parkes today said, "We've always wanted another striker – we need two now. We will need to get the ball rolling again early this week on that front and see what we can come up with. It is tough because everybody is in the market for strikers but we need them more than ever now. I'm very confident we will have signed new players by Saturday. I'll be very surprised if we haven't. There's definitely a better chance of new players being here than not being here."

21. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Transfer rumours

Sky Sports are reporting that former 'Pool loan player Liam Dickinson could be on his way to Leeds United for £500,000, with Derby County willing to let him go. He is the sort of player we should be after.

There is also a rumour on the BBC606 message board that Blackpool have had a bid of £450,000 accepted by Blackburn Rovers for 24 year old Scottish striker Paul Gallagher who is currently on loan at Plymouth Argyle. Can't see it happening but he would be a very good signing.

22. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Got a kit and boots? Can you play as a striker? Please apply to BFC!

With the news that striker Ben Burgess may miss the rest of the season, the club's search for new players, particularly strikers, has become even more urgent. On Saturday at home to Birmingham City, the 'Pool will have their TENTH different striker partnership this season. Right now it looks likely to be DJ Campbell + AN Other.

Pool remain "very optimistic" of making two signings before Saturday's home clash with Birmingham City. The other day it seemed certain that the club would be signing at least two players this week, yet now they are "very optimisitic". I just hope we get someone in and soon.

Two central midfielders and a winger played in the behind-closed-doors match at Squires Gate yesterday. The wide player was Northern Irish player Ryan McIlmoyle. The two central midfielders are being kept under wraps but both are apparentl from overseas.

23. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Four becomes One
    Last week we were told that there could be four new signings this week and the club seemed confident of doing so. However, in the weekly Thursday press conference at Bloomfield Road, caretaker manager said that the club are "hopeful" that there will be ONE new signing before tomorrows match!

24. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

DJ Cambell

Campbell scored on his debut last week at Coventry and was man of the match.

He has since admitted that he is ready to leave Leicester City, where he is out of favour, and refuses to rule out a permanent switch to Blackpool.

"I've decided that it is probably the right time for me to leave Leicester and you never know where I will end up. It could be Blackpool, it could be anyone – obviously it is early days and I haven't made my mind up yet. I just want to play games, score goals, get back to where I was and then we'll see where that takes me. All I know is that it is great to be back in the Championship and scoring at Coventry last weekend was a massive thrill for me. It's not that I don't fancy playing in League One at Leicester but I've always wanted to play in the Championship."

He added, "It's great for me to get a move to Blackpool and to be back in this division. Hopefully I can score goals again and keep these guys in the Championship."

25. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Seems that an agent (spit) has scuppered a permanent deal for a player who was de to sign this week. According to club secretary, Matt Williams, posting earlier this afternoon, "One deal was done as far as we were concerned (and this would have been a permanent deal) but the player's agent had other ideas and as a result the player will continue to play in the reserves at his current club."

Pitiful that an agent has so much control over players that he/she thinks it is best for his client to be playing reserve team football. Of course it is almost certainly because the deal didn't suit the agent and he/she wasn't getting the cut they wanted (allegedly of course).

Matt also said, "I cannot confirm or deny that any signings will be made or not made before tomorrow's match. Talks and calls are ongoing and hopefully we will have positive news soon. If things don't happen for tomorrow, then they don't happen, it has not been for the amount of time and effort that has gone in. I was speaking to a chief scout at a Premier League club earlier and we both agreed next week will be a busy week at all clubs and we will be no different."