Betting on the NBA

Discussion in 'Wagering' started by MoRado, Nov 2, 2004.

1. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    hey guys do you usually bet on hoops?, well i do, i am looking for someone with good b-ball knowledge to discuss picks!

tomorrow is the opening nite, 3 games....

houston @
    detrot -6 1/2

I will say that detroit will cover the spread easily

Sacramento @
    Dallas -4

Not an easy game for dallas but they'll cover it

Denver
    LA lakers-3

Denver is playing good basketball, perhaps is an opening nite in LA, so i'll say the lakers.

i will pick the 3 home teams for the opening nite, what do you guys think?

2. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    i wouldn't bet on the NBA, basically because they play defense only when they wnat to.

3. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    A couple of years back, I picked NBA games for fun every day and kept them in a notebook (i was in college and had A LOT of down time). This season, I started doing it again, for the hell of it.

I blew the first day, picking only Detroit. Yesterday, though, I got nine out of 13 right. Memphis killed me, and I kicked myself for not picking Indiana. Oh well.

I learned to be wary of teams playing back-to-back games. The year I picked the games (97?), it seemed that teams hardly ever covered the second night of two road back-to-back games. The trend already picked up with Houston. They didn't cover at Toronto (favored by two) and in fact lost. Also, the Lakers got bombed in their second back-to-back game. BUT Dallas covered. I guess you just need to look out for that sort of stuff.

Tonight, I can't decide between Denver or Minnesota. Denver's favored by one and Minnesota is playing their second consecutive match. Considering Denver played like crap on Tuesday, I think I'm going to pick Minnesota BUT the smart money would probably go with Denver since Minnesota is playing two straight.

NBA is boring so I have to do something to keep me interested in it since that's all they talk about on talk sports talk and on ESPN and stuff.

4. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I noticed you're a Saprissa supporter. Are you familiar with Randall Azofeifa? I saw him play at a tournament a while back (2001 U-17s maybe) and he impressed me. Is he with Saprissa? Any chance of him moving overseas or to MLS?

5. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Yeah, sure, Randall is a good young player, he only plays like 15 minutes every 3 games, but he plays for the B team every week, i'll say that he will be in the starting line up next season.... you can go to www.saprissa.co.cr to find more of saprissa, Azofeifa is also an important key player for the U-21 national team!
    Saprissa will be more than happy if they sell him to the mls, but i dont think thats gonna happen soon.

6. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    hahhaha...i am winning almost 300 bucks so far betting $10 per game...and nobody wanted my picks....

7. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW, i attended a game in Estadio Saprissa a few years ago. Saw them beat Limon. Real good soccer atmosphere.

But, I can't stand basketball.