best way to treat knee cap problem

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by sudhan, Sep 1, 2002.

  1. sudhan

    sudhan New Member

    Aug 22, 2002
    hi, my knee cap gives me a problem. i went to see the doctor and he said that i am playing too much soccer and banned me from that for 4 do i improve my knee cap within 4 mths instead of just resting?
  2. Richie

    Richie Red Card

    May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    Resting 4 moths does not sound like a bad solution if you campare that to surgery and a cast.

    I hate doctors never did exactly what they told me to do. That is one of the reasons why I walk around with a cane today.

    What did he say was wrong with that knee cap? I am curious how old are you and are you a boy or a girl?

    Is your Doctor an orthepedic specialist? If not see one.

  3. sudhan

    sudhan New Member

    Aug 22, 2002
    i am 14 male and the doctor said that my knee cap has wron out...
  4. Richie

    Richie Red Card

    May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    "that my knee cap has wron out..."

    I don't know what that means.

    If that meant "worn out". I don't know what that means either. See a specialist.

    I was thinking you have Osgood that is a bump just below the knee cap or pain just below the knee cap which happens at about your age because you grew too fast.

    Better see another doctor get a second oppionion on exactly what the condition is.

    He says don't play then don't play until you get another oppionion.
  5. rymannryan

    rymannryan New Member

    Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia
    Maybe after a couple of months, you could start going to the pool regularly. I wouldn't do it right away rest is definately what you need at first I would think. But swimming strengthens the muscles in the kness. Just get a kickboard (I think that's what they're called) and just bend your knees and kick a lot. Or put your arms on the side of the pool and just kick. Robert Pires had an ACL problem I believe which might be totally different than what you have, but he spent lots of time in the pool after he let it rest. Maybe you could ask your doctor how long to wait before doing all this.
  6. Hi, I play soccer also and recently while I was walking my knee cap came out of the bone it sits in. The doc says my knee caps move from left to right instead of up and down. So my suggestion to you that is working for me is to work out the inner thigh muscle (the inner on closest to your knee). That should get it better in 4 months. But if it is something bad you may want to go see a orthopedic doc because like me it may require getting it cut on.
  7. UWHusky

    UWHusky New Member

    Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I have a problem similar to N_nDn_soccergurl. While playing a game in May, I got kicked in the knee. After a few months I finally got it checked out, and the doctor said the knee cap slipped out of place and caused a bone contusion. Furthermore, it wasn't given a chance to heal because the knee cap was probably continually slipping out of place and reaggravating the injury.

    The doctor explained that due to the angle created at the knee cap by the muscle going down the thigh and the tendon going down the lower leg, everyone's knee cap has a tendency to slip out of place in an attempt to straighten the angle. (Some people's knees have a greater tendency than others'). I now have to do some physical therapy to decrease my knee's tendency to slip out of place by loosening the muscles down the outside of my leg and strengthening the leg muscles, etc.

    If you're problem is anything like this, you may be facing some physical therapy. But I'm with Richie: see a specialist. Now being 14 years old, you obviously need your parents to take you. Depending on what they're like, though, they may not be to eager to do so, whether it be due to financial reasons or maybe they're somewhat like my parents and just hate soccer and hate that I play. But trust me: it's worth it. Knees are so important. See a specialist and get yours taken care of.

Share This Page