Best Three Cities for an American to Watch a Game

Discussion in 'Germany' started by jeremygl09, Oct 6, 2015.

1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Im glad I could help ya!

2. GoBayern

GoBayern New Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Another American here, and hoping to catch a game in the Fall.

To the guy who posted above: I hope you had 3 great trips! I've only ever seen one match - Frankfurt at home v. Stuttgart. Unbelievable game, I had a blast. I would recommend Frankfurt as a stop if you are picking games, and it has the benefit of being an easy destination in terms of getting a flight there.

For those of you in Germany: Any idea when the 2016-2017 schedule will be posted? I just finished watching Eintracht Frankfurt avoid relegation, and I am hoping to catch a game in Germany (of Frankfurt's or maybe someone else's) next year.

When I went to Germany for a game last time, this forum was unbelievably helpful in providing advice, I'm hoping to strike gold twice!

3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Normally 6-8 weeks before the season starts. Last year it was June 26th. But they also normally only set certain dates for 4-6 game days and you dont know the certain time and day 6 weeks before the actual game. You only know it is at a certain weekend. Tickets should be no problem cause clubs will only start from that day selling tickets for the resp games. But Id forget about tickets for Fra vs Bauern or Dortmund cause fan club members normally have a first buy right to those games.

All that said in regard to "normally".

4. GoBayern

GoBayern New Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Do you happen to know if Dortmond home tickets are typically available from their website? I know they sell out most if not all their games, but if I am looking for one of those first 6 or so games and hit their website in late June/early July, any idea if i've got a shot?

It would be pretty easy to fly to Frankfurt and rent a car to drive up to Dortmond.

If you think Dortmond is impossible...is the atmosphere in Monchengladbach good enough to merit a trip from this side of the Atlantic?

...and again, a most sincere thanks for your help.

5. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you'll have shot always depending on the opponents. And truth be told, you'll not be the only tourist trying to get into to those games like Dortmund - Augsburg or so where you could possible get tickets. The same is true for MG. Atmosphere is nice too

6. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Full disclosure I am not German.

In no particular order places I have enjoyed matches in:

Munich
    Hamburg
    Berlin
    Augsburg

I would suggest you also look for a lower division match. Fun to see a game witbout all the hassle

I would recommend TSV Berchtesgaden if you happen to hit the alps

7. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    St. Pauli

Rest is a level under

8. Proch Jar

Proch Jar New Member