Best striker combination of the season

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Alan D, May 18, 2007.

1. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Thought this would be a laugh...

I'm going for Mpenza and Vassell - even though we didn't see it really at all, I think that it would have been the best and it looked quite promising when used on a couple of occasions. I also believe that these two have been our best strikers, although it isn't hard to be honest. Mpenza has looked the most goal-threatening out of any player this season, even though we only had him right at the end of the season he still managed three goals. He has all of the attributes of a good goalscorer and ironically he joined for free and done better than any of the other strikers who were bought for money, especially Samaras (£6m). Mpenza had something to prove to people when he joined us and he had a perfect reason for hunger, hopefully next season he won't sit back. Vassell has been inconsistent this season sadly and only managing five goals in all competitions. He is a confidence striker so he needs to get a decent runout and played in his right position and when he does score he will feel a massive confidence boost and not have to think about when to have a shot. He will score 1 on 1s when he is confident and Pearce didn't use him properly, instead opting to use him on the wings. The same argument can be said in the defence of Samaras. Next season I would keep Vass and Sam and obviously Mpenza is staying but sell Dickov and Corradi, bring in two proven goalscorers if we get investment and we should have our goal problems ended, especially if Vassell and Samaras are used in their proper positions. Get in wingers so that them two don't have to be played there.

2. South East Citizen

South East Citizen New Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Exiled in Kent
    I voted for Mpenza on his own simply because nothing else even came close to working this season, and I certainly wouldn't advocate it as a tactic for next season.

Vass is a hard working player who has done alright on the wings, but I'd like to see someone else starting up front with Mpenza next season.

3. Henry#14

Henry#14 New Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Gunners4LIFE
    Suprised i didnt See Demaracus Beasley Up on this List. Nobody on City Possessed The finishing DB had...If he only had More Games..More time to Gel...Me Personally i didnt think his Run Was bad...13Games 4Goals...Should Reall be 5...For the Goal against Arsenal...I was for sure his performance against the Big Clubs in England for surely Solitified his Spot on the Squad but i guess not...Yall had a Snatch too Sad to see him go