Best South American Goalkeeper?

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Ilovecolombia redded, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia
    Eso fue en 1988. Córdoba, nacido en 1970, tenía 18 añoss y un monstruo que lo mantenía en la banca: René Higuita.

Si la memoria no me falla, Córdoba sólo tapó en un partido defendiendo el arco de Atlético Nacional. Fue el 20 de octubre de 1988, en una victoria de Nacional ante el Cúcuta (2-1) en el Atanasio.

2. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia
    Acá me puse a buscar en un libro y, aparte dell partido que mencioné, Córdoba jugó el 15 de junio en Manizales en la victoria 1-2 de Nacional ante el Caldas (¡no recuerdo si en ese momento se llamaba Once!).

3. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    creo que ya volvio al futbol...esta en 2nd division?

4. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Justo Villar, el paraguayo de Newell's y de la seleccion Paraguaya ... y el de Nacional de Uruguay y la seleccion uruguaya, Mario Sebastian Viera.

Ambos son excelentes. Me quedo con Villar hoy por hoy.

5. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    en ese partido jugó para Caldas o Nacional? El Once se llamó Once Phillips como del 91 - 94.

Esto es lo que dice la pagina de la Intercontinental:

"The club is also known for having its name changed frequently. In 1971, the club was named Cristal Caldas based on a product name of its sponsor, a local distillery. In 1979, it became Varta Caldas, also incorporating the name of its sponsor. In 1983, the club once again became Cristal Caldas, and Once Phillips in 1991 when it was sponsored by an overseas company. When the contract period ended with that sponsor in 1994, the club renamed itself Once Caldas again. Since then, the club has stopped selling its naming rights and has remained as Once Caldas."

no sabian donde poner el huevo, mantenian de allá pa'ca!

6. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia
    Jugaba en Nacional. Sólo estuvo en 1988. Ahora sí, confirmado, el dato completo. Córdoba jugó 3 partidos oficiales con Nacional (no cuento los amistosos), ganó 2 y empató 1.

agosto 28: Tolima 1-1 Nacional
    junio 15: Caldas 1- 2 Nacional
    octubre 20: Nacional 2-1 Cúcuta

7. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no alconzó la Copa del '89, de malas el hombre......no a ver la ganado con un equipo Colombiano. Gracias por los datos Diego!

8. Chamo-Vinotinto #20

Chamo-Vinotinto #20 New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Near the Beach
    Can't Hide It! Gots To Love Him! Rafael Dudamel (venezuela) Just To Show A Little Bit Of What He Can Do...watch Argentina-venezuela....even Though We Lost , That Game Wouldn't Have Been The Same Without Him...... :d My Colombian Buddies Gots To Admit It! But The Deportivo Cali Fans More! What He Did For Y'all!!!

9. for cali fans

for cali fans it was his fault they lost the libertadores

10. pedernera

pedernera New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Cordoba was a great keeper for Boca and was at his best was World class as was Chila something Abbondanzieri never will attain.The best now though is Justo Villar champion with Nuls in Argentina today and voted in the Argentine daily paper Ole the second best player in the championship behind Mascherano(up to now).As an old guy the best I have seen were Pato Fillol and Mazurkiewicz of Uruguay a true great.Lux can also be World class

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    welcome here Pedernera!

wise choices.....el uruguayo dicen que fue una maravilla (mazurkiewicz)

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is it me or does ILC talk cr@p in every single thread?

13. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's you;)

BTW remember the ball that Cordoba gave to Francescoli (I guess), who put back a perfect center for Crespo in Libertadores final in 1996?
    Apparently the giving relationship between Cordoba y Crespo dates back to the old days...

14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

15. Aguante Bielsa

Aguante Bielsa BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 25, 2004
    Argentina
    Justo Villar (Paraguay) is the best.

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    ouch!

dapip....is that research or pure memory line type of comment?

cordoba regresa al atl. nacional, hace 9 meses fue chicho serna, in the next 9 days is victor aristizabal.....the will be maturana?

17. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A mix of both. I remember the play vividly. Cordoba chasing the ball on the side of the area, kicking it akwardly to Francescoli (Him I'm not sure, but I guess it was him, because I browsed for the line-ups) and then the perfect pass to Crespo who headed the ball in, while Cordoba struggled to get back...

They should bring back Asprilla and Alexis too;)

18. Zerpicous

Zerpicous New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    I Think the best goalkeeper of south america is Dudamel of Venezuela , he has reached a Libertadores cup final and he goalkeeps for Venezuela :)

19. so what

oscar cordoba played in 5 libertadores finals in 3 world cups 2 intercontinentals
    the uefa and champions league
    el pato abondazieri has plaed in 3 or so finals

seriously dudamel is not that good and his team lost because of him remember?

20. Ricardao

Ricardao New Member

Sep 6, 2003
    PraiaGrande,SPBRASIL
    Kind of like how cordoba has lost endless games for his NT??? Passion for ones country many times blinds truths... I know it happens to me all the time.

I voted for Dida because at this point I think he is the best keeper from South America and maybe top 5 in the world for sure. Julio Cesar has also played really well.

I also agree Chilavert is prob best all time from South America, you never knew what to expect from him which made watching him that much more exciting.

21. luisbarca15

luisbarca15 New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    y de donde es dudamel? :D :D

22. cordoba has really never lost a game for his nt

no goal was scored on the colombia nt in the 2001 copa america because of his flawless keeping he also saved several penalties during that tournament

dida is a sucking goalkeeper he has allowed a goal every game in wcq unlike calero and other goalkeepers there are much better goalkeepers from south america

just because he plays in europe doesnt make him good hes probably the worst brazilean on their nt

23. just because you dont know what to expect makes somebody good if it does than higuita is 10 times better than chilavert and he didnt make half the mistakes chilavert did

24. luisbarca15

luisbarca15 New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    lo unico ke le falta decir parse es ke cordoba es mejor ke oliver kahn , y ke juan pablo angel es mejor ke ronaldinho, ya deje de hablar tan ta paja men

25. luisbarca15

luisbarca15 New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    los unicos porteros buenos de colombia ahorita es el men este ke juega en mexico y henao