Best South American Goalkeeper?

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Ilovecolombia redded, Aug 15, 2004.

1. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Justo Villar

sera que ribinson Z es titular en argentina? donde esta ese gato? :)

2. DigoMunhoz

DigoMunhoz New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Canoas/RS
  3. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    ******** a donkey talking about ears!

look were your from you people aint that great

4. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Abondanzieri just dropped two more spaces after River's second goal today........

5. no se donde esta ese robinson

me recuerdo el libertadores de 2003 y sus atajos increibles como vencio a racing en los penales

6. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
  7. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Cordoba does start for Besiktas. When you posted this the reason why he wasn't playing was because it was still preseason and the new coach wanted to try out all of the plyer. After the season started Cordoba played well for Besiktas. He is currently not playing because he is still injured. He will be back and will show how great of a keeper he is...

8. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  9. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    It doesn't look like Cordoba will be out for too much longer. Recently he has been attending the practices and slowly starting to practice. Cordoba has also said that he will remain with Besiktas until at least 2006.

10. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    awesome, he was our keeper in the infamous Argentina 0 - Colombia 5 in Buenos Aires, and even tho he made some mistakes, WC 94, Libertadores 96, to name a few, he still is a heck of a keeper, and will be a favoriute among us (Colombians) and Boca fans for years to come.

11. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia
    a´cá hay un rumor fuerte de que, si Nacional clasifica a la Libertadores, Óscar Córdoba sería contratado. Llegaría a préstamo al igual que Víctor Arisízábal y Mao molina (se lo pelean Nacional y Medellín).

12. oscar cordoba nunca jugara con nacional son rivales de america

13. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    that's a possibility, and I think that Besiktas could loan him for Copa, and Atl. Nacional is one of the few that's missing in his resume from Colombia (he was in Quindío, Caldas, Millos, América), I think it would be good for Óscar to come back to Colombia, although he has said that he dosn't see a return in his possible future. I think Mao would chose Medellín over Nacional, and Totono is rumured to be in the works for Medellín.

14. Argentine Gaucho 25

Nov 15, 2004
    California
    Umm... Caballero? I guess you are talking about Wilfredo eh? I'd say Pablo Oscar.....

15. it would be ok if oscar went to medellin but nacional ? they can be anoying with there green uniforms and all but can they reallly play futbol?

16. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    of course they can't play, man...they're wearing green shirts for fucq's sake...every team that wears green is affected, it's like kryptonite...

how old is cordoba anyway?

17. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Es profesional no hincha.

18. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    exacto, y Corodoba tiene 34 años.

19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Carini and Munua are good

German Lux, how good is he, Argentines?

Cavallero... is he the one Beckham scored on in Korea/Japan? He sucks... sometime this year he got scored on 4 or 5 times. IMHO the starting goalkeeper of a national team can't be scored on that often in one game, and if I recall, teh Spanish side who scored that day was nowhere near the Barcelonas and Real Madrids of the world...

Dida... ups and downs, but he still has great reflexes and he can defend PKs (I think he's not as good as he used to be but he's still reliable)

Julio Cesar... up and coming.

Abbondanzieri. Another guy who confuses me. He defended PKs in teh past many times, he stopped 2 from Sao Caetano, he stopped one (or was it two) from a Paraguayan team in the Copa Sudamericana quarterfinals, and yet against Brazil he fails 4 consecutive times in one shootout.

Cordoba... he was good a while back for Boca but what happened to him.

Marcos... he may be entering the twilight of his career.

Clemer... still unproven.

German Burgos... getting old.

There was that young guy, he was w/ Santos in the 2003 Libertadores, stopped a few against a team from Uruguay (Nacional?) and then he transferred to Corinthians. what's his name?

and WHAT the hell happened to Gremio's former goalie, Darnlei?

20. Corinthiano

Corinthiano New Member

Nov 30, 2003
    Alfenas-BR
    The goalkeeper that was in the Santos in 2003 and later if transferred to the Corinthians is the Fabio Costa, is excellent goalkeeper, the sellection level. And the Danrlei, later that it was excused from the Grêmio, was for the transferred to Fluminense, it was little time in the Laranjeiras, and later if it transferred to the Atletico MG, its current teams.

21. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  22. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yo no sabia, pero Óscar Córdoba ya había jugado para Atl. Nacional? cuando fue eso?

23. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    This is for all the argies:

What is the name of the keeper that went religious on his ass and retired from goalkeeping because of it. I got the face, but I can't remember the name.

24. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    carlos roa is the name you are looking for

25. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    haha. Yes, the religious freak. Thank you Condor. hahahaha. "God is calling me so I'm gonna drop one of the best professional careers out there" Deeply religious Carlos Roa. :D