Best South American Goalkeeper?

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Ilovecolombia redded, Aug 15, 2004.

1. who cares about 1994 were talking goalies here

so what we didnt qaulify to the wc we won our last to game and didnt qaulify on goal difference overall we lost 4 games we did a EXCELLENT job at world qaulifying and played extremely well we beat teams that were in 3rd, 4th and 5th place in qaulifying

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Best South American Goalkeeper? ever or now?

IlocomBia, you never stated your question clearly: is the best keeper ever? or the best keeper this summer 2004?

ever: chilavert got more international recognition for what he did in WCs

right Now: el pato Abondanzieri

cordoba was the best for about 4 yrs, when he won copas and copas.....with boca, until copa america 2001 ended! after that he is not even the best colombia has, remember the 4 he took in La Paz? (for that reason we are today out WC germany) :eek:

no name calling here, pls

3. X X I

X X I Red Card

Apr 9, 2004
    Re: Best South American Goalkeeper? ever or now?

ok... mala mia.

4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Current Club: Celta Vigo

[​IMG]

Birth Date: April 13 1974
    Birth Place: Lomas de Zamora
    Birth Nation: Argentina
    Height: 183cm
    Weight: 80kg
    Nationality: Argentina
    Position: Goalkeeper

"Cavallero began his career for Argentine team Velez Sarsfield during the 1995/96 season.

He made his debut for Argentina in 1996 against Venezuela and was in the squad for France 98.

But after moving to top Primera Liga side Celta Vigo in 2000, his fortunes have improved. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/team_pages/argentina/squad/newsid_2002000/2002162.stm

5. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    i was being sarcastic people:)

anyways right now best keeper is dida

in the future erick delgado :cool:

6. shouldnteven have put dida he sucks only reason anyone considers hes good is because he plkayed with a winning brazil team he really sucked eitherway

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I guess winning the Champions League and the Scudetto count for nothing in your eyes? :rolleyes:

8. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    dida has won it all

the libertadores
    la copa america
    scudetto
    world cup

and is currently(to me anyway) among the top 3 keepers around the world alongside
    buffon and casillas

9. cordoba is better than bufffon and dida combined casillas is a disgrace most horrible goalkeeper ever

10. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    mmmk
    next you will be telling me that herrera is better than shevchenko and henry comibined :rolleyes:

if you want people to take you seriously

start looking at things objectively

11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If that was true then Oscar would be playing on a better team then Besiktas.

12. not neccesarily he was going to go to arsenal the only reason he stayed at besiktas is because they have a death grip on him you know arsenal offered 8 million for his transfer thats a record any english team has ever been willing to pay for a goalie even then besiktas wouldnt let him go who knows how many team were interested in him....

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/Players/Player=58632/

13. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have to say that I think that miguel calero is colombias best goalie, cordoba has really lost something, maybe confidence not sure what it is though. but if he is on his a game, he is tops

14. calero sucks the 2 goals allowed by him were goals of the goalie

why do you let fault come to cordoba for our 4-0 againt bolivia why dont you blame ivan cordoba or yepes or perea or angel how can you blame one person who has been those most fundemental character that has given the most hope that has the most authority ho w can you blame him but forget the others cordoba is a god anyone who sees otherwise is dum and slow witted he has been the best goalie in colombia ever and the best in south america for the last century he won us the copa america and did great in 2 world cups he played in 4 copa libertadores got to 3 final and won 2 of them going on to beat REAL MADRID in the inter cup

how can you say calero who has almost no history compared to cordoba is better??

you are crazy

15. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
  16. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Tell us the truth ... your dad is his agent right? :p

j/k ... Oscar is the best goalie Colombia ever had. :cool:

17. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he is, but he isn't right now, I like the dude, and I want him back on the NT, but not if its gonna hurt us.....

18. his hat "im so cool" and his baseball glove looking goal gloves are gay 100% i do not like him one bit go cordoba god of the colombian goal may he be blessed wherever he goes

his greatest performance with colombia for me was the game .vs cameroon in the confed cup what do you think?

19. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Didn't you guys lose that game? :confused:

20. oh yes lets talk about ivan cordoba

i like the dude but he did horrible in the same games cordoba did why is he then playing on the NT

fact is all the colombian players played bad not just cordoba but unlike cordoba they were all given "other chances" while cordoba was given no new chance he has proven himself time and time again yet you spit in his face and curse him behind his back

21. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    I'm with you in this one ILC ... who spit on his face and cursed him behind his back?

If I see the focker that did it ... I will shoot him till he shi-ts metal.:cool:

22. he still plaid excellently the goal made against him nobody could stop it was straight into the top 5 feet of the goal brushing against the goal it was a great goal and worthy

our lost was contributed to the fact of our unability to score goals as our goal scorer aristizabal did not feel the need to try to get the ball and score goal in the games before he was omitted in that game...a player in the game also died and there was a 15 minute time out when he was transported of the field he was hurt the clock continued clicking but the referee decided to stop the game at 45 minutes exactly with no 15 minutes of extra time even thought colombia was attacking and coming close to the goal the referee was heavy criticized for not stopping the game when the referee knew that foe was dead...

cordoba had over 5 great saves in that game one 1v1 save we thought eqauled the end of the game but not giving extra time just crushed our spirit the referees seemed to be turned against colombia since the beggining of the tournament awarding a penalty that didnt exist to henry and the french team that was struggling to tie colombia

if france is such a great team why do they need to beat colombia on a penalty?

23. Gordo XI

Gordo XI BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 14, 2004
    East Bay
    For this past Copa America and the Copa Libertadors I got to go with Juan Carlos Henao of Colombia & Once Caldas, he was da man in the final vs. Boca Juniors. Nummber 2, well the other side of the coin that being "El Pato" Abbondanzieri great work in the Libertadors as well in Peru (Copa America) came short in both tournaments :cool: well I'm out....tu sabes

24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm still wondering: in what network do you see the games? looks to me that you see a totally different match from everyone else.

1st Copa Confederaciones is a sorry ass tournament, you don't see the best of the best as in WC. All the teams were semi-alternate.
    2nd Colombia was invited on the strength of winning flawed Copa America*
    3rd Colombia played 5 games and lost 3 of those. Only wins against Japan, on the only ever inspired play by Angustias and against the reknown powerhouse of New Zealand.
    4th While the game against France was kind of even, and the penalty handball was clearly non-intentional, Colombia didn't play well for more than 60 minutes, only after 20 or so minutes in the second half, homeboy genius maturranga decided to coach and created some problems to France.
    5th I'll give you one and take one from you: This was the only time I've seen Aristigol play well for the NT, and he was so unlucky, everything hit the posts:D Cordoba played well because the defense was horrible in the whole tournament. 15 more minutes wouldn't have helped Colombia for anything.
    6th All this was 2 years ago, let go, next thing you're going to bring up the 4-4 against the USSR or the 1-1 against Germany or the 5-0 (IMHO the worst thing that happened to colombian football)

25. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    i think the c in ilc stands for cordoba and not colombia

to say that cordoba is the best goalie south america has had in the past century is just retarded

then again ilc said it so...