Best on-line manager game

Discussion in 'Games' started by mundial, Aug 1, 2002.

1. scotty1985

scotty1985 New Member

Jul 23, 2007
  2. st mirren till i die

Jul 14, 2007
    Glasgow
    Club:
    Saint Mirren FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    xpert eleven is just fun, but only if you're in a big league of friends.

3. zergonis

zergonis New Member

Jun 18, 2007
    have you tried www.etomanager.com
    You can put if you want promotional code: LANC2007 in the registration form, in order to start with double points.
    You can read more information before the sign-up, just if you click to the free beta version

4. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    i never really got into Hattrick, and Sunday League i played for a bit then just kind of got bored.

Trophymanager is a great management game. it's free to use, but you can get a "Pro" account as well. the Pro account doesn't really give you any in-game advantages. it just makes things easier. the game just keeps getting better and better with new tools and features being added.

league games run three days a week (W, F, Sun.) with cup games being on Mondays and Thursdays. you can schedule friendlies those days if you are knocked out of the cup as well. friendlies are basically just for trying new formations as you get no money and players get no experience with them. this keeps from making friendlies "mandatory". you can also set up friendly leagues with friends if you have a Pro account. some Houston Dynamo fans have a league.

another cool feature is national teams which will eventually be expanded to even include U-21 national teams. every two seasons (24 weeks) nations vote and elect a national team manager. right now qualifying for the region tournaments is going on. last season was the World Cup.

i hope you all give it a shot. it really is a great game.

5. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Hey guys,

Come and join Liga Sudamericana on Xperteleven.com. This league will head into its second season and was very good the first year. Please sign as SOON as possible as we are looking to get going. :):)

Just follow this link: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=100629
    Or go to xperteleven.com and look for

LeagueID: 100629

C'mon boys, let's have some fun! PLEASE SIGN UP!!!

You can pick any club team from South America or call your team whatever you want. If you've already done this, you know how cool it can be. So let's do this.

LeagueID: 100629

http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=100629

6. juventinu

juventinu New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Bacau, Romania
    managerzone RULLZ :D :D :D

7. H.Town

H.Town New Member

May 31, 2007
    I've been playing this game for 2-3 seasons now and its ACE!! highly recommended.

I've played hattrick too but it's a tad too complicated so i gave up within a week. Trophymanager on the other hand is very good in it's easy to use format. It doesnt take too long to understand the game and really know how to use the tools and play.

Just started Managerzone and is looking the goods at the moment

8. junglecat

junglecat New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I play footstar

http://www.footstar.org

You can control the career of a player down to his house and everything, its much different than other games where you control a team just of bot players.

My player #734 look me up!

9. frenky

frenky New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I play at fdmpro.com

A very interesting game play.

10. jlopez12

jlopez12 New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    I think the best online manager game is manager-mania. Better tactics, and with a board to negotiate season after season. MM RULES! http://www.manager-mania.com.

11. brine

brine Member

Jan 8, 2002
    San Diego, CA
  12. Boogieman2

Boogieman2 New Member

Apr 17, 2008
    That link seems to be dead.

I just wanted to report "a new player in the field": Virtual Manager. They just recently launched the site in English, so the texts is a bit weird... overall worth a try I think.

13. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ManagerZone- What does A.B.C. mean in the upcoming matches window?

14. Bemsims

Bemsims New Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Spain
  15. Daveo3

Daveo3 New Member

Apr 30, 2008
    That poll is missing Trophy Manager. It's the best in my opinion :)

16. DoTy

DoTy New Member

May 7, 2008
  17. Makandal

Makandal Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Cambridge, MA (USA)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    I've only tried Hattrick (not a good experience) and another site called XpertEleven. They both have their flaws but were quite interesting in their own ways... that was then, when I had a lot of free time.

18. hoboken16

hoboken16 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like trophymanager myself

19. Jeffie

Jeffie New Member

May 13, 2008
  20. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Im looking for a manager game , i already play Xperteleven and am looking for a second. The thing that really turns me off about other manager games is that once u make a team , ur already in a league with like 10 games played automatically.

In Trophy manager, are there lots of leagues, or just one big one"?

21. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    there's tons. TM has a pyramid structure with the bottom four moving down at the end of each season and the top two moving up. each league has 18 teams. as you move down the divisions, the total number of groups in each division doubles.

Division Groups
    1 1
    2 3
    3 6
    4 12

etc. Divisions 1 and 2 have a special setup for promotion and relegation where the bottom three in D1 are automatically relegated and the next three play a playoff game against the 2nd place teams in D2.

Chile has five divisions right now. the only downside is that your first season will be part over unless you wait about 5 weeks, but if you don't wait, you'll probably be promoted when inactive teams are deleted in the divisions ahead of you.

22. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So if I join the league right now itll show me like i had played some games by the AI?
    Also, im thinking about joining the USA league instead.

23. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    yea, you could possibly wait a couple of weeks to make sure you get in at the end of this season and still get promoted after the deletion of inactives at the end of the season.

USA has over twice as many players as Chile, so you'll start off in Div. 6, i believe.

now that i think about it, you may wait till the end of the season to make a team because if you get lucky and start off in Div 5 instead, you'll get a better starting team. starting teams have different levels of talent depending on which division they start in.

24. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Anaheim, CA
    I miss many (good) manager-games in the voting-list :-s

The ones I like best are SoccerProject and Sokker, both not on the list.
    I did play Hattrick, Itsagoal and ManagerZone for a while, and they didn't have enough lasting power for me.
    Hattrick I thought was too slow.
    Itsagoal too chaotic, and while in ManagerZone I really liked the 3D-matches (despite horrible animation like players falling all the time, and shooting -180 degrees :p), I lost interest over time.

SoccerProject stuck to me because it sucks you in with a high pace (4 league-games a week, and up to 4 friendlies per day!) and Sokker is superior where it comes to tactics. I love telling my 11 boys exactly where to run ;-)

Links:

www.Soccerproject.com
    www.Sokker.org

25. LegalBeagle

LegalBeagle Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Springboro, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Trophy Manager has roughly 120,000 teams worldwide. Each manager plays within his own country's leagues. The smallest countries (in terms of the number of managers) have only one or two divisions but larger countries have as many as ten divisions.

In addition to club teams, each nation has a national team. The national team coach is elected every two years by his peers. He coaches that nation's best players against other nations. The World Cup is played every four "years" (each year is 12 weeks in real life) and the Regional Cup tournament rotates with the World Cup, and is likewise played every four years.

Managers use different strategies to try to get ahead. Some managers are excellent tactical managers, and work hard to understand the in-game intricacies of the match engine. Other managers ply the international transfer market and some turn huge profits. Other managers concentrate on the development of their youth academies and training grounds.

Many different successful strategies are possible. The choice is yours.

If you join --- send me a friendly challenge --- Mad River FC in USA 1.1. (At least for the moment!)