Best MLS game you've seen

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by patfan1, Jul 2, 2005.

1. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    even though I am bias.. it's for sure the best game

classic comeback kids for ya!

2. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Same. Here's to repeat this year, with same ending :D

3. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    ringo, it will work for mac users if you do this: (i'm a mac user and it worked great - you have to use safari)

1. quit safari
    2. type this into a terminal: defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1
    3. go to /Library/Internet Plugins/ and remove Windows Media Plugin (move it to the desktop or a different folder)
    4. restart safari
    5. click the link for the video. it will say video is not available for mac users
    6. go to the debug menu and under user agent select "konqueror 3". it will reload the page and then it should give you a message saying that it
    can't play this file and would you like to try another program.
    7. click yes and the video should fire right up in windows media player :D

4. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    The Screaming Eagles sound great in that video, anyone had the amazing experience to be there during that game?

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No bias there, huh, kid? :p ;)

This long list, leaving out the epic Game 3 of the Dallas-Chicago '99 series, just shows that that match is probably the most underrated match in MLS history. It's #2 on my list, but whenever this topic comes up, only Dallas fans mention it.

6. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK ... I'd very much like to do this. BUUUUTTT .... you say 'type this into a terminal.' I'm not sure what that means or where I find it.
    Also, where's the debug menu?

Thanks for the help! Mac users can always rely on somebody to have an answer.

7. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    the command you type into the terminal is what unlocks the debug menu :)

the terminal is the mac command line, and can be found in /Applications/Utilities/

8. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    then when i'm done I just move the wmp pref thingy back from whence it came?

will this screw up the computer for any thing else? I mean, will i have to go back and undo this if I want to watch normal video again?

again, much thanks!

9. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    well the next time safari starts it will go back to it's normal safari mode instead of konquerer mode (you won't notice a difference anyway) and the only thing the windows media player plugin does is allow embedded video to be played in web pages. you really don;t even have to remove the plugin if you just want to watch the game embedded in the page i guess, i just remove it so i can do things like go full-screen and fast forward/rewind.

there should be no other noticable effects to the computer at all.

10. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sweet. you can ff/rewind with that bugger out of there? I hate that about video with WMP. why does everything Windows suck?

11. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    heh. well, the ffwd and rev buttons don't work, but you can use the scrubber (the little indicator that tells you where you are in the video) and go to any point.