Best laid plans...

Discussion in 'High School' started by sam_gordon, Aug 2, 2021.

1. sam_gordon

sam_gordon Member+

Feb 27, 2017
    I should have known better.

I've been responsible for playing the warm up music for my son's HS team for the last 2-3 years. This year, instead of just using the same music, I thought it would be nice for the seniors to pick what they listened to for warmups. I told them to send me three songs, but they must be clean.

I've had one response so far. Here are the songs:
    touchable -remble
    sold out dates (ft. lil baby) - gunna https://www.youtube.com/watchv=awRuuvFHYnY&list=RDawRuuvFHYnY&index=1
    3 headed goat (ft. lil baby & polo g) - lil durk

Oh My

kinznk and CornfieldSoccer repped this.
  2. CornfieldSoccer

Aug 22, 2013
    Ouch. I'm more than happy to not be the dad who handles the music. I'll do other stuff, just about anything else but that.

3. kinznk

kinznk Member

Feb 11, 2007
    What kids don't understand is that a good song does not necessarily make a good stadium pregame warmup song.

4. soccerdad72

soccerdad72 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Apr 5, 2021
    Our seniors usually try to put together a pregame warmup mix to get approved by the school at the beginning of the year. I think it's been like 6 years since anyone's gotten one approved (Catholic school, so they're extra tough on these). :laugh:

The one they've used the past few years goes back to when my younger son was a freshman (and he turns 21 next week).

5. sam_gordon

sam_gordon Member+

Feb 27, 2017
    I will say, I did find "clean" versions (and that's what I posted), but can I just say "not my style". lol.

My son and I were talking about it in the car. And I think the question is "Is the pre-game music to help get the players pumped up for the game or is it to help entertain the fans as they wait for the game to start?"

Now that I've told the seniors they get to pick the music, I don't feel right saying "nope, don't like it, can't use it". It's "clean" (I guess, there's at least no cuss words), so should my feelings come into play.

6. CornfieldSoccer

Aug 22, 2013
    We come down on the side of for the kids -- the parents' ears may bleed, but so be it. The dad who handled music last year slipped in some parent-appropriate stuff at halftime a few times and the players howled.

sam_gordon repped this.