Best kits (uniforms) of the world

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Fiorentina lives!, May 5, 2004.

1. ManHowarD UNiTeD

ManHowarD UNiTeD New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Man U's White kit with alternating black and red horizontal stripes and slick collar.

2. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's the PSG kit?

Not a fan of the club, but their home kits are classic.

3. The Swan

The Swan New Member

May 10, 2004
    Does it matter??
    I like this one:

[​IMG]

But this one is my favorite:

[​IMG]

4. Sluggo12

Sluggo12 New Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Somebody in an above post made a good point-- where's Croatia? Can anyone deny theirs are one of the most distinct kits in the world? I wonder who it was who decided to incorporate the checkered pattern from their flag as the main focus of the jersey? It instantly made them one of the most recognisable teams on the pitch, right along with Brazil's famous yellow/blue combo and Netherlands orange. And Croatia are a new team, as national teams go.

5. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    DC United is letting themselves down. Great name, logo, short history, colour scheme etc. BUT A CRAPPY kit!

a good sponsor splashed on the front and a decent kit from adidas would look great.

6. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Craotia's chess table on a jersey is too corny.

BTW, Glorious, love those Glory unis... probably the only club in the world with purple and orange...

7. DCUtdCDN

DCUtdCDN New Member

Apr 27, 2004
    I would say top 5 in the world are

S-Pulse (home)
    Antlers (home)
    DC United (home)
    Rosenborg (away)
    QPR (Home)

8. FreakiestJosh

FreakiestJosh New Member

May 5, 2004
    England
    Does anybody know where i can get hold of an Armenia national team shirt. I am 1/4 Armenian but the national site doesnt sell them and the pictures are 2 small to c wat make it is?

Please help me i really want one!!!!!

9. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
  10. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Both of Barcelona's kits are awesome this year. Its also a huge bonus that they don't have a sponsor on the kit.

11. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Well, for starters, Fiorentina is violet rather than purple. And if you are going to include national squads as you did with Holland (are you kidding me?!?!?!) then the Azzurri are, without doubt, the class of the world.

Nick

12. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Aston Villa and West Ham play in Claret and Blue, not maroon and sky. It`s an occasional nickname for the team `The claret and blues`.

13. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Rob, you are right on the claret...

However were you aware that SKY IS A SHADE OF BLUE???

That blue on Aston kits is too light; it's not Chelsea blue. It's like Uruguay...which is sky blue.

Nick, again I think I've posted here before that I missed a lot of shirts. I only had 10 options in the poll. Italy is a signature kit, but acknowledge that Holland is one of THE most recognized kits in the world... precisely because it's unique.

14. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Yes, it is a sky blue shade, but one of our local rivals, Coventry City, are known as the Sky Blues so I had to draw attention to it. I don`t want us mixed up with lowly Coventry.

This thread has reminded me how many English teams are known by their colours or style of their kits. Reds (Liverpool et al), Blues (Everton, B`ham, Chelsea et al), Whites (Leeds), Sky Blues, Claret and Blues. Is this common everywhere? For example are Fiorentina known as `The (whatever Italian is for Purple) in the same way that the national team are called The Azzurri.

Old Gold and Black (Wolves) is a very famous set of team colours, it`s very distinctive and would be worth a mention.

15. badgoalie

badgoalie New Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Wrightwood, Ca
    Try e-bay! I got a Polska replica before WC2002 from a guy inSsingapore for $14. It said Puma on it, but who really knows. I still wear it, much to my wifes dismay.

I voted Celtic, it has a hooligan quality about it.
    By the way, I do like the Galaxy kits now, gold w/ green sash. But has anyone else noticed that 5 minutes into the game, when they really get to sweatin', it looks like a gold Glad bag stuck to a wet dog. ( or is just me?)

16. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    As far as Italian soccer goes, most teams are oftentimes referred to by their colors... Some examples; Lecce = Giallorossi = Yellow and Reds, Fiorentina = Viola = Violet, Milan = Rossoneri = Red and Blacks, Juventus = Bianconeri = White and Blacks, Lazio = Biancocelesti = White and Sky Blues.

Nick

17. uhclem

uhclem Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Spring Lake Park, MN
    Hello, FreakiestJosh

The 2003 Armenia Home s/s replica jersey in L and XL is available at:

www.soccerplus.net

Not having received compensation for this blatent plug, I remain

That little old jersey collector

Me

18. uhclem

uhclem Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Spring Lake Park, MN
  19. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham

It actually seems to work better in Italian.

20. savan

savan New Member

May 16, 2004
    Norway
    I agree :)

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about Feyenoord's red and white blocks?

22. FreakiestJosh

FreakiestJosh New Member

May 5, 2004
    England
    Thanks a lot UHCLEM I've been searching for the shirt for ages.

CHEERS!

23. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    damn, no one has mentioned Roma. The maroon and orange...sweetest color combo out there.

I also love the Baca and Man U away jerseys with the stripes. deep down I was hoping the new USA kit would follow that template (or at least the PSG away jersey) instead of the crap that they have now.

24. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    it isn't a bad mix those colours but the name is still lame! :p i like European names for teams not American/Australian football names :(

25. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I didn't choose any of those posted because the best kits in the world is the that of the Peru Nats!

No other kit in the world comes as close to the beauty that is the Peruvian national team uniforms. All white and with a red diagonal stripe starting at the left shoulder going down the jersey... its blissfully gorgeous... so basic yet so prestine, its just simply beautiful. The closest any other uniforms come to it its the Spanish team that played in the first division last year, I forget their name (they had a big yellow ugly bee as their sponsor on the shirt) and River Plate of Argentina. But River's ugly black shorts mess up the whole uniform. Also there's popular team in Peru's, now in the second division, called Deportivo Municipal who looks exacly like River's uniform. Also, I believe United States Nats used a similar kit to that of the Peru back in the 30's and 40's.

Peru y tu?