best hangover food??

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by 655321, Oct 26, 2003.

1. webster

webster New Member

May 18, 2002
    NYC
    I've found Gatorade to be too sugary. If you're not drinking water while boozing, power down 1/2 gallon of water with 3 Advil before you sleep. It won't work 100% of the time, but it's usually pretty good. As to food, anythng in reaching distance while you're drunk. The next morning, more water and the five greatest words ever invented -- bacon, egg and cheese sandwich.

2. giaguara

giaguara New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Cork
    i have to be really careful with all painkillers (for kidneys). well, i try to avoid hangovers .. but when i for whatever reason (like crappy body in general) feel really ill in the morning, i need water and sometimes gatorade, to be able to walk to kitchen to get coffee .. aww. i guess as those (water and gatorade) work from keeping me from falling to the floor then, they may be good for hangover too.

i copuld think also that salty sardines would do good. a bit of those, and your salt levels etc can be turned to normal really fast. i use those sometimes for cooking, bow there is only one left in fridge .. if you have any big italian groceries, they may have salted sardines there. they are also pretty cheap, like 4 $ / lb, but one (20-25 c maybe) is really enough for most plates ... or i guess , hangover too. anyone tried? :)

3. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Pickles are good, the fresh ones like Clausen's.

However, I posted a thread on that new wonder anti-hangover pill RU-21 a while back but obviously no one had a clue what I was talking about. I bought some myself and they work pretty well for moderate drinking. If I know I'm going out to drink on a weeknight I'll take a few of them to ease the pain at work the next day.

But, I deliberately got super fcuked-up one night, whiskey, tequilla, 10 beers etc and even after 4 or 5 of those things I still felt like crap the next day. Mind you I had only 4 hours sleep on a friends sofa so maybe that contributed to it aswell.

4. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    anything spicy real spicy then a cold beer.

Una torta de guevos con chorizo con arto chile.

5. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

(homer simpson drool voice) chorizo con huevos

6. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Millions of Mexicans Can't Be Wrong

Haul your ass out of bed first thing in the morning, and get yourself to any taqueria that has a sign saying, "Pozole y Menudo fines de semana". Either one'll fix you right up. Monday to Friday, you're out of luck, though.

Lisa

7. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still stand by my tried-and-true formula of a tall stack of pancakes and syrup.

Which will come in handy tomorrow morning, at the rate of tonight's celebrations. :D

8. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    After cursing the inventor of alcohol(funny how I go back to the sauce the following weekends), I usually drink lots of water and have a fruit salad or if I don't have a variety to make one, whatever fruit is in the fridge will do me fine. I avoid anything that's greasy or made of bread because that shlt will make me nauseous when tending a hangover.

I never take tylenols or advils simply because medicine, while it gives you quick relief, is bad in the long run. So I just suck it up and endure feeling like a lobotomy job gone awry for those couple of hours.

9. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm on the 2 Advil and water before bed crew. If that doesn't work, nothing rights the ship like a combination Italian Beef/Sausage, dipped in gravy, no peppers.

10. gatopreto

gatopreto Member

May 31, 2000
    NYC
    McDonald's and a big glass of wine.

11. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I usually go with as much grease as possible.

In Canada, that means poutine.

As well, if I know beforehand that I'm gonna be totally wasted, I usually leave a couple of bottles of water by my bedside. When I get home, I down as much of the water as I can, and immediately drink more when I wake up.

12. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    chorizo and eggs.

13. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    coger? :eek:

14. suepar

suepar New Member

Aug 26, 2006
    "Herb and grease"

And beer, LOL!

15. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can't believe nobody mentioned a totino's pizza (hamburger topping). it's quite possibly the unhealthiest thing on this planet, but nothing tastes better the morning after a night of drinking.

16. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I swear by Gatorade Propel fitness water... less sugar... more goodness... i have seriously had headaches disappear in minutes with it...

and Vitamin B Complex... those two are 90% effective in my world...

as for food, nothing like a greasy spoon with a 5 egg southwestern omelette with partially burned hashbrowns and a side of biscuits and gravy...

17. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This the key!

before Bed, drink as much water as you can stomach, and take a B complex....the next morning...coffee, Smart Water (like gatorade without all of the sugar) and a NYC egg + bacon and cheese on a roll...

oh

and a nap at your desk during a conference call

18. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Orange vitamin water works wonders, for me at least.

19. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    Big Mac + Red Soda

or

Pizza with extra cheese..

or Gatorade before bed and one when you get up + something greasy.

Of Course hydrate before goint to bed..

nothing worse than a Sangria hangover..

20. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'll see your sangria hangover and raise you a cheap tequila hangover.

21. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    Well.. when your sangria recipe contains brandy, cognac, sugar and wine.. :eek:

22. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I like to drink a warm beer the day after, to get rid of my headache

23. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is why I stick to straight frozen vodka. It's almost hangover-proof.

24. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jack in the Box tacos always did the trick for me haha

25. laasan

laasan Member

Apr 12, 2010
    amen to that. no ice, no nothing, just plain vodka out of the freezer.
    has to be good vodka though, not the shit they serve in Spain for example. but the good thing about Spain is that if you order a double-vodka orange there, you get a glass about 60-70% full with vodka, and the rest ice and orange juice.

otherwise, as mentioned before, an aspirin or paracetamol before going to sleep. if you forget and wake up with a terrible hangover, apart from the obvious stuff, opening the window wide open while getting a bit more sleep helps wonders. fresh air is often even better than pills in such situations. if all fails, while I´m not a guiness drinker at all, a bottle or two of guiness extra-cold are a great hangover cure, too.