Best Games in MLS History

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by l'AJA, Sep 6, 2007.

1. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Arnold was on hand in New York, seemingly having no clue what was going on(and feigning excitement for the camera). I doubt he's really a Galaxy fan (or even a fan of the sport) but after the Galaxy's last goal they cut to a shot of him. :rolleyes: Many people have commented on the fact that with all the stars that showed up in LA to see Beckham the best NY could do was Tom Arnold.

2. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May 2, 1996, my first MLS game. That game still holds many records in the books. Some friends came up from Mizzou to see the game (and go to Zarda's) and root for Columbus for various reasons. I kid you not, we were pelted with popcorn by the Wiz-loving girl scouts seated behind us.

There was a come-from-behind 3-2 Burn-Fire game in '01 that was memorable. Best game I have seen (not kidding) was the 1-0 Crew-Red Bull game in June of this year. Just an intense game, the supporters were manic. When the Crew the scored (Kamara, off a cross from the just-entered Herron) the place went berserk.

Dollar says I'm the only person who rates that game though!

3. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    So I guess the Gals are the team of choice for overweight comedians. Makes sense. You'd need a good sense of humor, some beers, and some churros to enjoy the match. :)

4. DCSharksFC

DCSharksFC Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Virginia Tech
    other than the ny/la game a few weeks back, the ne/dc eastern conference final in 2004 hands down will put any mls hater in his place, the saves rimando made in overtime, to moreno and esky's goals, to the thrilling pk's, and the atmosphere, i have not witnessed an atmosphere like that ever, other than the beckham game in dc, it was electric

as for the ny/la game, i had to hear max bretos say "yeeeeeeaaaaa" all game, i wanted to shoot myself

5. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The return leg of the Dallas-CO series in 2006 was also very entertaining. Everytime Dallas scrored, Colorado answered. Then there was the scuffle at the end of the game.

6. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well its only Sept. but that pretty much locks up most ignorant post of the year award.

7. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but a game that had some of the best atmosphere I have seen in MLS for a regular season game was Landon's first game playing in SJ for LA.

8. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, that honor would likely go to FenoFootball for, well, every post he's ever made.

I watched the match in question, I wasn't impressed. Bite me.