Best Game of Group Play?

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by DCUPopeAndLillyFan, Sep 29, 2003.

1. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    What do you all think the best match in group play was? Of the games I got to watch, I'd say Sweden-N Korea, but Canada-Japan and Australia-Ghana sounded like crackers as well.

2. Awe-Inspiring

Awe-Inspiring New Member

Jan 18, 2000
    I also got to see a half of Sweden v North Korea, but I hardly found the game compelling. The North Koreans looked like they were playing without a midfield. The early Swedish goal took away much of the drama.

Australia-China might have been the most exciting, with the unexpected result. I don't think any other game produced a compelling back-and-forth with lead changes that makes for a classic game.

I think we'll see one or two in the quarters, though. Two of the five best games in WWC '99 were quarterfinal games (Brazil-Nigeria, USA-Germany).

3. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    First half of Sweden-Nigeria was exciting if only for the efforts of the Nigerian goalkeeper. Australia-Ghana was probably an exciting game too.

4. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Agreed.

5. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    The two best I saw out of the 10 I saw live were NoKo-Sweden and France-Brazil.

On the tube, China-Ghana.

Of course, I now have a bunch of games on tape from TeleFutura and Galavision.