best find of season

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by blank25, Oct 18, 2003.

1. blank25

blank25 Member

May 18, 2002
    bergen county
    metros needed a replacemnt for tab. Amado is the real thing. A true force in the mid field. Andy williams or even mark lisi can equal his play this year.

2. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Then there's Woly too who has been great off the bench.

3. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Let's not forget Jonny Walker. Even though his advance notices were impressive, did anyone think he would be as good as he has been? Most definately a welcome case of seeing is believing.

4. Metrophenomenal

Metrophenomenal New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Seoul+NJ
    Gaven is my favorite player now. I thought he'd get 5 min at the end of some games and i didnt think he'd be good at all. I thought he'd be a slightly inferior version of Mark Lisi. but now i see him as 1 of our most important players.
    He's surprisingly strong and never complains when he gets pounded.
    Even right now i'd take Gaven over Convey.

5. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    amado and walker.

6. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Amando isn't the replacement for Tab. Tab could play in the middle and on the right side. Tab was never afraid of dribbling at defenders. Amando does a nice nifty move and then passes the ball to player that's 5 yards away from him. Woopity-do.

All this team does is move the ball from the flank, to the middle and then back to the flank. Then they move the ball to the top of the penalty kick where they try to break a wall of 7 defenders. They have done this for the past three games, and they have lost all three.

7. Calcio#20

Calcio#20 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    N.J
    The Blonde Waitress at Nathan Hale's.

8. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    wrong.

9. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Unfortunately for Tab, those positions were usually on the bench due to injury.

10. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Yeah, because no one could "legally" stop him. Everyone had to jump on him in order to stop him.

I'm not saying Guevara has run at 100 MPH down the wing, I'm just saying that this team needs more wing play.

This is what they do:

Player A is on the left wing (most of their plays are always on the left wing). Player A then passes the ball to Player B who is some what in the middle. Player B does a nice little move, and passes the ball to Player A. Then Player A loses the ball.

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I believe next year will be the year of the Metrostars, this year was the rebuilding year, I have to say Guevara

12. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Pope is the best find. They benched Pope on Saturday, and allowed two goals. Guevara played the whole match and the Metros did almost nothing on offense.

13. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Funny, I don't think this entirely legitimate debate would be possible under Zambrano.

14. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get eaten up on the DC boards for saying this same thing. Convey had 2 partial breaks yesterday from close range, and he didn't even so much as get one of them on net. No doubt in my mind that Gaven puts at least one of em away.

15. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh

Dont know about next year as the Metro year. This was definitely the rebuilding year. Next year Gaven and Magee should be better right from the get go. That is not enough. If the outlook for next year was good we would be playing well right now.

We are going to need more and will have limited opportunities in the draft (barring trades). Where does it come from? Senior Internationals? I dont want to see Moreno or Jusko back. That is a start.

What else?

16. ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan New Member

Jan 20, 1999
    SHAPE, Belgium
    I think this year and the next 2 years are going to be rebuilding years with every year getting a better foundation of younger and better foreign talent. I dont think it will be until 2006 when we can play consistently at home. I can't even think homefield advantage is any good at all right now.

17. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003

I dont want to se Jusko, Moreno, Mathis, Ado, Reagan and the two Argentinian to come back, ever more.

18. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Huh? Mark Lisi.

19. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    Gaven.

Walker

Clark.... Magee

You can't call Pope a find.
    Althought the best Find was the way to finally get rid of OZ and his parade of no talent, kickback, conflict of interest signees.