Best drive-thru experience (survey)

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by Kryptonite, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The top 10 overall rankings this year, with last year’s in parentheses:
    1. Chick-fil-A (1)
    2. Taco Bell (3)
    3. Wendy’s (2)
    4. Burger King (5)
    5. El Pollo Loco (13)
    5. Jack In The Box Inc. (10)
    7. Taco John’s (20)
    8. Arby’s (6)
    9. KFC (19)
    10. Checkers Drive-In Restaurants Inc. (8).

http://www.msnbc.com/news/973925.asp

Interesting note - McDonald's went from 4th to 12th.

2. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Checkers! Its a nice drive from the Cliffs to Paterson, but worth it. I keep seeing ads about Sonic on TV, but have yet to see one. Are they any good?

McDonald's sucks, by the way.

3. melbrown

melbrown New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Sonic is awesome.
    Great onion rings, great chili cheese coneys, and you gotta try the cherry limeade.

I used to drive almost an hour to the closest Sonic, but the finally put one closer to home. Sadly, I don't make it there as often as I would like.

4. webster

webster New Member

May 18, 2002
    NYC
    no White Castle? where is the justice?

5. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wendy's always takes for-EVER where I live. Not as bad as Dunkin Donuts though.

6. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sonic isn't a drive-thru though, it is a drive in.

7. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Chick fil a is so awesome. Best sweet tea in the entire world.

8. melbrown

melbrown New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Yep, I was responding to The Double's question about Sonic.

My personal favorite drive-thru is Chik-fil-a. Great chicken sandwiches and great lemonade. Wendy's is a close second.

9. slipknotter

slipknotter New Member

May 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Jack In The Box in 5th must be some sort of sick and twisted joke. I have yet to go to Jack In The Crack and spend less than ten minutes on the drive-thru. Wendy's here is pretty quick, I'd definitely give the nod to them. Some Sonic here in Texas have a drive-thru now and it's a lot quicker because the drive-thru orders are timed, the drive-in not. We don't have checkers here anymore, but we got a Culver's and man, that stuff is good. We also have Whataburger, which is known as Slowaburger among my friends and is good if you like food poisoning. I never got into Chick-Fil-A, their chicken sandwiches are so plain and their nuggets kinda small. It would be worth it for the waffle fries.

10. Wade Bills

Wade Bills New Member

Oct 15, 2000
    West Jordan, UT
    Here in Salt Lake, we like to go to Apollo Burger. They are a local chain owned by a Greek family and have several locations, one of them just a mile from my home.

I usually get the job of going down to get food for the family. They have quite a diverse menu and a typical order for our family might be a Gyro Platter, Fish Dinner, Pastrami Burger Combo, and a Chile Verde Burrito, with several soft drinks and/or shakes.

All of their food is good, they have a reasonably efficient drive-through and they haven't made a mistake in one of our orders yet.