Review: Best Dribbler Of All Time

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Daniel96, Dec 23, 2011.

?

Greatest Dribbler Of All Time

1. Pele

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Garrincha

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. Maradona

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. Cruyff

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Zico

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Ronaldo 9 (Brazil)

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. Zidane

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. Ronaldinho

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  9. Cristiano Ronaldo

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  10. Messi

18 vote(s)
    29.5%
  11. Neymar

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Maradona
    Ronaldo
    Pelé
    Best
    Cruyff
    Messi
    Ronaldinho

2. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    What a huge pile of garbage.

3. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Garrincha, Matthews, Baggio and Zico ahead of Ronaldo.

4. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Did you base this on the countless of times you've seen those two play?

5. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Of course, there are many videos of both, not all on the internet but it's out there. I guess since there are no stats on those games, a mole in a tropical island, you are incapable of assessing their value.

6. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Garrincha is such an overrated dribbler.

7. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As off right now.
    Maradona, Ronaldo 9 and Messi are probaly the best dribblers.
    Garrincha, Ronaldinho and Neymar are the most tricky dribblers.

8. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Of course you did.

Yes, I tend to rate qualities that can't be measured in any way, shape or form by WATCHING THEM PLAY, not by stories and anecdotes. And unless anyone provides me with any video evidence of Garrincha's superior dribbling ability or effectiveness compared to Ronaldo Nazário I stand correct.

9. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Garrincha - Documentary
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIkkqbrVkQo"]Mané Garrincha part 1 - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehw6wuuZ6xY&feature=related"]Mané Garrincha part2 - YouTube[/ame]

Garrincha
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx1jfndUXqk"]Garrincha - A Sad Story Of Some Happiness (part I) - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_V6y5P050M"]Garrincha - YouTube[/ame]

10. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    During the nineties, The Jackson Heights area of NYC had many video stores featuring soccer documentaries and highlights of past greats. My father got me quite a few on some of his idols, including Garrincha.

You now stand corrected :eek:

11. Veganbeetle

Veganbeetle New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks for this D96! Muito bem!

12. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Garrincha vs England - 1962
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do983FplzkY"]Garrincha vs England: 1962 World Cup - YouTube[/ame]

Look at his move at 6:09, his acceleration speed is sooo fast.

13. Alessandro10

Alessandro10 Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Best dribbler of all time is really hard to determine, but Garrincha is ranked by many nr 1. We will never really know for sure, because footage of him is very limited(footage off all past greats for that matter). Today Messi is without any doubt the best dribbler and he is the best dribbler that I have seen in my life time(better then Ronaldo,Ronaldinho,Giggs,Figo etc.). In an all time ranking I think he is definitely top 3( from what I've seen of Diego on youtube and various footage, Messi might just be a little better in the dribbling department, he has the advantage of agility and acceleration and keeps the ball so close while running with it,even if you know where he is going to go he just senses the moment you are about to tackle him and simply accelerates and evades you, he is a great combination of technical skills and physical ones as well.) And another think, some people keep bringing the growth hormones discussion, but those hormones can't teach you how to control a ball, how to change direction and put defenders on their ass and how to extravagantly lob a keeper with composure.

14. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Osvaldo Ardilles is the best dribbled of all time....

15. thejaccen

thejaccen Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Don't take this the wrong way, but how can people think that garrincha is the best dribbler in history? Just looked at those videos and he was worse than many amateur players i've played with. Or do you mean that he was good at his time when he met bad opponents?

16. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    First looking at video is perception individually. For example, British people "THINK" G..Best is the best dribbler all time, Argentina people "THINK" Maradona is the best dribbler, French people might think Zidane is the best dribbler (!) and Italian think Baggio could be the best as well , and funny young Portuguese might think CRonaldo is the best dribbler ahem --- SO?

Secondly Garrincha played >500games almost half a century ago, and how many clips available on youtube for you to watch? Think about it

Garrincha was the ONLY one with the "label" as best dribbler all time by many (several millions >100 ) unless you THINK your're a "genius" and all those millions people are "IDIOTS"

Again .... THINK before posting ...

anamnesis del fútbol repped this.
  17. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wouldn't say Garrincha is the only one labeled as the best dribbler of all times. Maradona and Best have also been labeled that way many times, and Messi is on pace to share those accolades too.

18. thejaccen

thejaccen Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Wow.

19. thejaccen

thejaccen Member

Sep 19, 2011
    James, just wondering. What in Garrinchas dribbling is better than others? What is it that stands out (other than players back then were completely worthless)?

20. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    You consider defenders standing around watching Garrincha walk 10 steps with the ball then sliding two yards behind him when he begins to jog worthless?

21. thejaccen

thejaccen Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Look at the defenders and you'll see why it's not so hard to get through. I bet he was extremely good back then compared to the opponents, but compared to the last decade of soccerplayers he's not any where near the skill level.

22. thejaccen

thejaccen Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Can't you see on the way the defenders act that they're not especially good?

23. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Yes, I agree, it was sarcasm.

24. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Nothing.

Altough he played a few years later George Best absolutly dwarfs Garrincha's dribbling skills imo. Or damn, so do some who aren't even mentioned among the absolute best dribblers like Johan Cruyff.

And before anyone calls me out for being anti-Brazilan...
    Pelé dribbling skills are clearly superior and it will forever remain a mystery for me why Brazilian's consider Garrincha a better dribbler.

anamnesis del fútbol repped this.
  25. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Source?