Best (cheapest) place to register domain names...

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Val1, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So, where is the cheapest place to register domain names? Going to get a family one for the family, and it's still available, but got tired at two sites not giving prices until you had completely registered and given a credit card number.

Thanks

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats a good question. Godaddy?

3. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    how did you get to such kind of place? i think it should be between $2-$20 a year. there maybe some free one but not sure.

4. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want something like "www.smith.com", go to GoDaddy.com - that's where I registered my domain. I've even got it set up so I host my email and web servers on a computer in my house over my DSL. Works like a charm. You can also choose to host this site with someone else's company - either the registrar's, if they offer that service, or someone else.

If you want somthing like "smith.no-ip.com", you can go to one of the many free sites (like no-ip.com) to register a site. They usually provide you with software that will automagically tell them your IP whenever it changes. However, you don't have the option of parking this domain on a server that isn't in your home.

5. slidingtackleCOM

slidingtackleCOM New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Cheapest that i have ever come across is GoDaddy. However in terms of service i have always chosen namecheap, enom or moniker, just add .com to end of each of the previous names to get to the site.