Best Boot for CM?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Waterloo11, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Waterloo11

Waterloo11 New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Ohio,USA
    Hey guys. I'm a bit new here, as you can see, though I've been reading these threads for awhile. Props to bigsoccer for making such and awesome site. Anyways, on to my question.

I was looking for a new pair of boots (my kelme master's have seen enough :p ). I wanted to see what you guys think about a pair of boots for a central midfielder. Emphasis on control rather than speed.

Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

-Alex

2. CC05

CC05 Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Go with whatevers comfortable. I have good experience with Adidas Predator Manias (I couldn't find them this year though :(), currently have Nike Legends which are fabulous - though I would've preferred the Manias, Adidas Copa Mundials, Puma Kings, etc. I don't believe there is any pair of boots for any set position. I just base everything on what I feel is comfortable.

3. joto 3

joto 3 New Member

Feb 24, 2005
    evansville, IN
    copas or adidas aveiros...

or comfort

4. riceburner3508

riceburner3508 New Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Maryland, USA
    I don't play midfield anymore, but when I did, the predators were what I wore, and they worked perfectly. They are a very comfortable and durable boot, and serves well for the midfield spot, which we all know requires more running around, quick changes of direction, etc., and can put a lot of stress on the foot. I don't need to tell you what the kangaroo does for your control.

5. mrelkane2u

mrelkane2u New Member

May 18, 2005
    NYC
    Anything that's comfortable for you. For example, everyone loves the old AZT II but Nike's generally don't fit me. (11 is too big, 10.5 is way too small for me) Many also like Predator Pulses, but I find my pulses a bit too narrow. So yeah it all depends your feet. Just go to a reputable soccer store and make sure you get the most comfortable pair. because if you're playing midfield you need your feet to be as comfy as possible to make good passes and control the ball and what not.

6. dﮥnny

dﮥnny New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    US
    Get the Nike Legends. They have an incredible feel and don't leave blisters on your heels. They give comfort, excellent ball control and touch, and are somewhat lightweight.

7. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    I play central midfield mostly and I wear Pulses and they're great.

I'd also recommend you check out Adidas Copas, Aveiros and Nike Legends and Brasilias.

8. Shaneo

Shaneo New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    im a central attacking midfielder and ive had nike AZT 90 II's for the past 3 years and theyr sick. they are light comfortable and give me a great feel on the ball. im sure the nike AZT III's arent much different.

9. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Boots aren't made for positions but for feet!

10. timotune

timotune New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Germany
    the azt iii are very much different from azt 90 ii!
    azt 90 iii suck! worst boot ever!

11. joto 3

joto 3 New Member

Feb 24, 2005
    evansville, IN
    very true...
    get whats best for you

12. Shaneo

Shaneo New Member

Jun 23, 2005

sorry....i just made an assumption

But i recently tried the pulses and i know they are getting alot of flak but they felt great to me and gave me unbelievable control.

13. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    are you saying that there are positions on a soccer team that don't require changing speed and direction rapidly?

14. Arsenalsccr

Arsenalsccr New Member

May 27, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Legends or vapors all the way! I loved the Legends because they are the best midfielder and most comfortable boot I have ever had. But the downside about the boot is that it is too heavy for me.

I right now have the gold vapors. Another excellent boot.

So the choice is yours.

15. mrelkane2u

mrelkane2u New Member

May 18, 2005
    NYC
    Raul (FW) wears Predator Pulse, not F50

Rooney (FW) wears AZTIII, but Vapor is thought to be the boot of choice for forwards.

Davids (MD) wears Vapor, not AZTIII

O'Shea wears F50, not Predator.

There are no specific boots for specific positions. You buy what fits you. Sure, Vapors might help you run faster, but if they don't fit, your feet are not going to be working at their full potential.

16. pumadude

pumadude New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    I play striker and I think preds are the way to go for any posistion. ;)

17. Fury20

Fury20 New Member

May 13, 2005
    Nashville, Tennessee
    every position on the field requires you to change speed and direction rapidly...

18. HjkF50

HjkF50 New Member

May 1, 2005
    NOVA
    well predators are supposed to help you kick strong and give you great control , while the Total 90's are supposed to be extremely comfortable for 90 minutes and gives a great first touch,
    but personally i'd go wit the predators

19. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    my point exactly. just get the most comfortable boot, no such thing as a boot made for a specific position.

20. hoody25

hoody25 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Like everyone else said go with whats comfortable, but dont buy into some of that propganda that all brands adidas, nike or whoever puts out there about makin you a better player. and although im new to the site its easy to see so many bias positions on boots soo good luck to whoever wanted to find boots.

21. matthewfoo

matthewfoo Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    AZT II or Diadora Brasil. both are very comfy and provide good feel of the ball, though there isnt a fix boot for a position :)

22. pappa

pappa New Member

May 4, 2005
    Adidas F50+ all the way. Best boots Ive ever had. U get 3 different inner soles as well for different uses.

www.soccersaurus.com

23. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    dont choose any boots that people tell you are for that position, because the only reason they said that is because they feel comfortable in them, dont trust anyone try everything and see for your self!

24. Jeff_Chicago

Jeff_Chicago New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Palatine, Illinois
    Copa Mundials for dry/hard surface, and World Cups for wet/soft surfaces. Ive been using these since i was a young kid and i will never use anything else.

25. BillP

BillP Member

Jan 20, 1999
    I play midfield and up top, personally, I like a few pairs of cleats....
    1. Nike Vapors II, they have a great touch and are my favs.
    2. Pred Pulse, lots of control, and comfort.
    3. Total 90 III, great comfort, decent control and touch.

the pulses and t-90's are probably the best overall boots for a central midefielder tho...

I suggest you buy from eurosport b/c if you dont likw how the boots fit, then you can send them back for a refund or new pair, this way, you can go through boots until you find the right ones......