Besides your team winning, which outcome would be most interesting?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014: General' started by Brasitusa, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    So, disregard for a moment your natural wish for your country to win the World Cup, realistically or not. Other than your personal enjoyment in seeing your team's victory, what would be the most entertaining result, one that would make the annals of football history as the most amazing outcome ever? It doesn't need to be realistic; just please say what you'd consider most interesting and entertaining for you, barred your team's victory (unless the result overlaps with your team's victory, if you root for one of the zebras).

For me:

Of course, the most entertaining outcome in my case would overlap with my preference: the United States of America as FIFA World Cup 2014 champs! Can you imagine the shock waves all over the world if against all odds, David vs. Goliath, the US surprised everybody in heroic fashion and won the whole thing? I know it's not going to happen, but it would undoubtedly be the most surprising and wildly entertaining result, ever.

Second best after this, would be Bosnia and Herzegovina, the newcomers who never played a World Cup before, winning it all.

Third best, an African nation such as Ivory Coast or Ghana. Maybe second best, since Bosnia is in Europe which has won 10 times, while no African nations had any success whatsoever.

What would be your preference for a surprising, historical outcome?

2. Fitzgerald1848

Fitzgerald1848 New Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I'd like to see Ghana win it all. That would mean a lot, not just for Ghana but for all of Africa.

An interesting championship (that I would hate to see, btw) would be Brazil vs. Portugal. The former colony versus the colonizer. I'm not a fan of either team, so I really hope it doesn't happen. But it would give some good soundbites.