Rumor: Besic

Discussion in 'Everton' started by sicurrie, Jul 15, 2014.

1. sicurrie

sicurrie Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Everton are poised to make both their 2nd signing & 2nd def mid of the summer with Muhamed Besic currently having a medical at Finch Farm

2. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any legit source on this? I have seen nothing from anyone who knows anytihng

3. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    According to this website, he was having a medical.

http://www.nemzetisport.hu/labdarug...eteset-kedden-bejelentheti-az-everton-2349953

with a 5 million euro fee agreed.

Although, personally, I haven't heard anything. We were supposed to have an announcement last friday, but still haven't heard anything.

Which IMO, leads to us buying some other player which was more of a first choice. Maybe Cleverly or Rodwell. Or maybe a fee agreed with Chelsea over Lukaku.

4. sicurrie

sicurrie Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Woman from BtSport tweeted it. Problem with payment to his previous club from selling club is believed to be the hold up. All efc can do is sit tight & wait for them 2 to haggle it out

5. Dennis324s

Dennis324s Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Alabama
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just read that he signed.

What do you fellas think about him? I'm new to this. Is this a good move?

6. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Young and adds a similar player to McCarthy. I due worry about his on the field temper. From his highlight video I can see him racking up the red cards. Will have to learn to be a little more cautious with his tackles

7. Dennis324s

Dennis324s Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Alabama
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh...he has a temper? Most of these players are new to me. Other than that, will he give the team the ability to win more matches? I think the coach is happy, but I wondered what you guys thought. :)

8. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I really don't know much about him, and I tend to reserve judgement until I see them play a bit and see their attitude more "up close" so to speak.

Based on last summer's signings, I'm cautiously optimistic that RM knows what he's doing, but every manager has misses sometimes in their signings, so who knows.

Now. Rom signing: this I like. I think for his attitude (which a striker has to have a bit of IMO), he knows he's got a good thing in Everton. He better not get lackadaisical in his play... only a little time till our first match now! get excited :)

MrPerfectNot and Dennis324s repped this.
  9. Dennis324s

Dennis324s Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Alabama
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did you know that was my next question? :)

spider_kin repped this.
  10. Tommy Lebowitz

Tommy Lebowitz New Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Is Besic a future replacement for Gareth Barry?

11. sicurrie

sicurrie Member

Jun 28, 2014
    I personally don't think he will last. He was needed final 30 mins of 1st two games and wasn't played. Think it was a panic WC buy myself

12. Tommy Lebowitz

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Hmm, why would you buy a player that young and then give up on him that early? That doesn't make much sense to me.

13. sicurrie

sicurrie Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Not about giving up on him, more a belief that he ultimately won't cut it in the big league. He was playing in the Hungarian league up to the world cup which isnt a great league. He had a good 60mins in 1 game and suddenly he is worthy of a prem league place

14. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He actually played very well for Bosnia in every single WC game they had. You sound like you don have much faith in your manager, a manager who puts a player in when you're loosing 5-3. If you guys are doubting Besic over one mistake then you should get your heads checked. The fact that Martinez didn't sub him in the previous 2 games is a mistake, i've seen a number of gaps the past few game where as if Besic was there it would have been more secure.

It takes players time to adapt but throwing him into the fire against a big club whom you're already losing too by 2 goals is not a debut i would give my players.

I hope you guys can make a clear impression on him after he starts his first game. Until then lets all have a laugh.

[​IMG]

15. sicurrie

sicurrie Member

Jun 28, 2014
    I have no faith in Martinez. This is simply confirming what I knew from day one. As for Besic, never going to make it here

16. Tommy Lebowitz

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Again, it's way too early to write either one off, and the amount of points we had last year (our first under Martinez) would have been enough to get us into Champions League in just about any other season. Let's see what Besic looks like a year or two from now (Coleman came from the Irish league, which isn't highly regarded, and he's played really well for us against tough competition, for the most part). I would also like to see Stones starting more at center back, he's our future there and he needs more playing time to accelerate his development.

17. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    i hope you don't call yourself an Everton Supporter bec thats just a disgrace. He did more than what Moyes did for his however so many years there...

jesus the mindset of english fans.

18. sicurrie

sicurrie Member

Jun 28, 2014
    What's he done then? Got 4th?, assembled best squad in years? Dragged us from the depths? No no and no

19. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Got higher place than the previous manager. Has had some great signings this summer. The season just started you can be more patient. His transfers were great this summer are you seriously the only one who doesn't see that? Depths what depths were u in? being relegated ? no

seriously do you even know your own club?

20. sicurrie

sicurrie Member

Jun 28, 2014
    I know everything about Everton, 1 place higher with 90% of Moyes squad, big whoop. I suggest you go look at were we were and what team Moyes took over

21. Tommy Lebowitz

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I agree, it's way too early to assume he's not good enough and never will be. We won't know for sure either way for at least 2 more years (when he starts to enter his prime).

22. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Played pretty good in his first league start vs Liverpool. He'll need some time to adjust to the speed of the EPL, big jump up from the Hungarian league. I think he has the potential to become one of the better holding midfielders in the league.

23. sicurrie

sicurrie Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Thought he stunk personally. Constantly give the ball and easily dispossessed far to often.