News: Bernardo Silva: Ten Levels of Reincarnation

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by JoseEmidio, Apr 19, 2015.

1. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Europa League Game 3

Qarabağ 1 AS Monaco 1

Bernardo, Carvalho and Moutinho started and finished. Coentrão and Costa were injured and Lopes did not make the bench.

Monaco were very lucky not to concede more than one and lose.

Cavaleiro was subbed in at '61 and scored the equaliser but as you can see it was rather fortunate but very good for Ivan nonetheless.

2. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Girondins de Bordeaux 3 AS Monaco 1

Bernardo, Moutinho, Carvalho and Hélder Costa, his first game after injury as well as his first start. Lopes and Cavaleiro were not chosen and Coentrão is still injured.

Bernardo did some good work and fired in a shot that
    lucky rebounded of Costa for his first goal.

However a GK mistake got Bordeaux back in and they were leading 2-1 at the break.

Moutinho failed to control a pass that lead to the 3-1 final score.

Costa was then replaced by El Shaaraway '54.

3. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Luxembourg 0 Portugal 2

Bernardo started after not playing versus Russia in the 1-0 loss but was replaced after 60 or so minutes where the match due to weather and pitch conditions made it hard for good football.

'31. Good work by Bernardo with Vieirinha providing the ball for André to score, who has been getting important goals in many competitions recently.

'35 Bernardo has a shot on goal after good play by André, should of done better but failed to really get hold of the ball.

'45 Bernardo sets up Rafa who proficiently sets up João to fail badly in front of goal.

'56 André sets up Bernardo who definitely should of scored but the defender in front of him just did enough for him to miss. Bernardo has a few near misses in his first few Seleção games this really should of been the first.

Rafa, André and Bernardo all made a stake for Euro 2016 but Rafa I think will not make it.

4. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    How did he played today?

5. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Had a cross go on to the bar that evaded Costa.

Missed a one on one with the keeper and messed the rebound. Should of scored.

Had a difficult header on target but could not generate enough pace.

Almost put Costa in with a long ball.

Monaco, good in the first half and scored but then held on for the 1-0 victory in the second.

A big battle with maybe 5 teams for second and third place PSG have won the league already.

Hélder Costa should play more!

Coentrã0 was maybe Monaco's best player.

6. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    AS Monaco 1 FC Nates 0

The one on one is shown here but not the Bernardo header (as above).

I found Lacina Traore very poor especially as his height seems to not aid him in headers at all, as shown.

Out of L. Traore, Cavaleiro and Costa I rate Hélder Costa the best after 2 games (and will likely improve).

Bernardo, Coentrão, Carvalho, Moutinho and Costa started Costa was replace by El Shaarawy '78 and Bernardo at '93.

Coentrão the best player for Monaco, the only thing is how long can he stay fit expressed in how many games?

7. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Monaco flat out sucks this year. Makes the NT look bad since so many of our players start for them.

8. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Is Bernado being sub or suspended today?

9. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well so far IMO:

Carvalho: ok to good has not had any bad games 6.5/10.
    Moutinho: normal 7 or 7.5/10 consistency!
    Bernardo 5.5 to 6/10 not as good as last year especially in finishing, should easily have scored a handful more.
    Coentrão; 7 to 8/10 when he has played unfortunately that has not been often due to injury.
    Cavaleiro: 5/10 started well but he is not someone I have high hopes for at best a Varela level player.
    Lopes: Hardly played but when he did play, did not convince. Next year maybe crucial.
    Costa: Injured until a couple of weeks ago and since has given some interesting performances.

What Monaco most misses this season is a decent striker and you have to consider that they sold half of their first team.

10. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    On the subs bench with Carvalho.

11. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Europa League Game 5 (mistake above)

AS Monaco 0 RSC Anderlecht 2

Ok basically, Coentrão, Carvalho, Moutinho and Silva started and finished. No one played well and Anderlecht deserved to win. This means that Monaco have to beat Tottenham away and hope that Anderlecht draw with Qarabağ, i.e. very unlikely to go through the group stages.

12. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Jardim needs to GTFO

13. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If Jardim makes it to the top three he will stay especially if he keeps on selling youngsters for big money which was about 150M Euro last end of the season (with huge profits) along with Monaco apparently refusing to sell Bernardo for 35M Euro. This season they are getting nowhere near that as only Bernardo and Moutinho I think could be sold for more than 20M Euro although I rate Lemar highly and they have a few people that could break out to sell big like Costa, Lopes, Wallace and Fabinho (excluding loan players).

I bet Bernardo sometimes thinks if only I had stayed at Benfica as Vitória would be playing him regularly without a doubt, another reason to hate JJ though he is obviously a very good/great coach.

I will do the Marseille 3-3 game tomorrow.

Monaco play Caen on Wednesday for the Ligue 1

14. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    It's upsetting that his form dropped.

15. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #140 JoseEmidio, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    O. Marseille 3 AS Monaco 3

Bernardo started on the bench with Carvalho, Moutinho and Coentrão starting and finishing, however H. Costa started and was replaced by Bernardo '73. Lopes did not make the bench.

A. Toure was MOTM for Monaco but Coentrão had another excellent game with a goal and a assist.

Two of the OM goals were offside!

16. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    AS Monaco 1 SM Caen 1

Bernardo, Moutinho, Carvalho and Coentrão started and finished with Costa coming for El Shaarawy at '57. Lopes did not make the bench.

Poor game in which 3 points were snatched away at the end. Coentrão the best of the Portuguese players going forward though Bernardo was involved in the build up play for Carrillo's first goal!

17. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He showed a bit more flair recently but still struggling to get into true form. Hopefully he will have second half of the campaign like last year.

18. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    SC Basta 1 AC Monaco 2

Did not watch the game.

Only Coentrão and Carvalho (finished) started with Coentrão subbed (injury again I guess) by Bernardo 35'. Bernardo, Costa and Lopes were on the bench. Costa got subbed in at 86' and Lopes did not play. Moutinho was rested.

19. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Europa League Game 6

Tottenham FC 4 AS Monaco 1

Only Bernardo and Moutinho started with Carvalho (stayed) on the bench. Bernardo subbed at 65' (rest) and Moutinho at 46' precautionary.

Terrible first half with TFC 3-0 up, better in the second half. Bernardo had some good plays. Monaco needs Lemar.

20. Bengoechea

Bengoechea Member

Jul 28, 2005
    São Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I give more credit for this due the shit coach that Leonardo Jardim is. Im watching Monaco game, what an awful team, and instead of put Bernardo as starter or god knows why he choose to not even bench Rony Lopes for some random French youngsters who are awful.

21. Bengoechea

Bengoechea Member

Jul 28, 2005
    São Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How he played today? Jardim started with himbon the bench. Which was again without Rony Lopes. The guy is an idiot

22. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hélder Costa played well 7/10 with Bernardo playing the last 30 mins. He had a 6.5/10 game. Rumours say both Moutinho and Bernardo are going to be sold by next season. Lopes is hardly being chosen nevermind playing.

23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just another overrated bum from SLB </thread>

24. Bengoechea

Bengoechea Member

Jul 28, 2005
    São Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How old are you? 5?
    This thread is to see the potential of a NATIONAL TEAM player, nobody gives a crap about your club obsession.

25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I am sorry to hear about your extra chromosome, but if you actually understood the point of my post, it was that this dude is overrated. He doesn't even get starting minutes with Monaco. He was hyped to no end, and now they are looking to offload him.

---Z--- repped this.