News: Bernardo Silva: Ten Levels of Reincarnation

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by JoseEmidio, Apr 19, 2015.

1. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bernardo Mota Veiga de Carvalho vs Angers Sporting Club de l'Ouest

2. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #402 JoseEmidio, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Champions League, Last 16, Wednesday 12 April 2017, BVB Stadion Dortmund

Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund 2 (Dembélé 57', Kagawa 84')

A.S. Monaco 3 (Mbappé 19, S. Bender 35' [OG], Mbappé 79)

Bernardo started replaced by Dirar at 66'while Moutinho started and finished. Mbappé went down easy early on, Fabinho stepped up and ...missed, first time in about 18 PK's that he has missed. A great Bernardo run and pass to Lemar, who found Mbappé [offside] to score. Bender then headed straight into his own goal to make it 0-2 at the break. Aubameyang back heel volley helped Dembélé score which animated Borussia but the back four made a mistake that Mbappé finished with style. Kagawa, made it 2-3 with some good footwork but Monaco 'held on' to a away win in Germany.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2017/matches/round=2000785/match=2019630/index.html

3. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  4. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bernardo Mota Veiga de Carvalho vs Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund

5. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ligue 1, Week 33, Saturday 15 April 2017, State Louis II

A.S. Monaco 2 (Dirar 69', Falcao 81')

Dijon Football Côte d'Or 1 (Varrault 42')

Bernardo started and finished while Moutinho again replaced Mbappé late on 83'. A uninspiring Monaco went 0-1 down after a good save by Subasic was not supported by a sleepy defense and so it stayed until after half time and after Lemar and Falcao were brought on. Falcao then made all the difference from two free kicks, the first one hit the crossbar and fell nicely for Dirar (very good form lately and surprisingly). The second just went in this time on the other side of the goal. Falcao right now is not very far off his best now although how long will this second wind blow.

http://www.ligue1.com/ligue1/feuille_match/82119

6. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  8. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, not sure United is the best fit for him honestly. Would like to see him at Juventus myself

9. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    After Barça that would probably be my choice. I use to watch the Italian league regularly and even though I support/ed Parma and I know we have this pact with Torino but still it would be ok....as it is

Mourinho: Cynical/egotistical moaning...like having to watch JJ all over again.

Man. Utd: Never liked the club, thought they got to much attention after the crash (compare to Torino), plus got a guy at work I hate that is a fan.

Premier: All I hear everyday is Premiership bullshite...plus socio-political situation as a Portuguese here (not one to bend the knee)...

It is hard to think of a worse destination...seriously considering not watching and choosing someone like José Gomes to follow...it is that bad

:sick:

nbstriker8 repped this.
  10. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  11. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe Barça would be a good fit too, I just don't want to be outed as a Barcelona supporter! He would fit the Iniesta role to a T

JoseEmidio repped this.
  12. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He is made to order for Barça like he came up through their youth system, it is a perfect match.

Because of Ronaldo? Don't like Real and did not like Ronaldo for a long time and even after 2016 I would never describe myself as a fan of his, even if arguable (lets say) he was the best ever objectively. Barça's history, play and ethics are much better, basically the complete opposite of the Man Utd situation. Prefer Messi's style to Ronaldo's but don't watch either of them that much and not getting involved in the debate who is better but much more a Messi type of guy.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  13. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It really is a perfect match. I also like Juve (not a huge Italian football guy) because he would be better than Mandzukic for that wing role. He and Dybala would be an amazing duo to watch.

But having Bernardo switching roles with Messi throughout a game would be a sight to behold as well

JoseEmidio repped this.
  14. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thing is, Gomes went there and they have a bad record with Portuguese.

Messi/Bernardo duo would be like :inlove:

15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Deco says Waddup

nbstriker8 and JoseEmidio repped this.
  16. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    :thumbsup: totally forgot about him. Obviously Figo was at his best there but I do not think Barça fans will ever forgive him :ninja: so I did not bring it up.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  17. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vitor Baia

SCP_16 repped this.
  18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He was such a stud. And Scolari opted for a frangueiro instead. Mind-boggling. I'll give Ricardo his moment against England in Euro 04.

19. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Cannot not comment objectively as did not see enough of him. Only saw him for Portugal later on his career when he was not as good? So my defining memory of him is versus Czech Republic when he came out and Poborsky chipped him in 1996 Euro QF, I was not pleased...cannot not get that out of my head, it was my truly first catastrophic moment supporting Portugal. Btw thanks for bringing back the memories :ROFLMAO:

20. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poborsky ended up with a nice career at Benfica so gotta take the good with the bad!

JoseEmidio repped this.
  21. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    thanks for reminding me of that (not)
    was sitting behind the goal watching it fly over his head and hitting the back of the net, was so fvked off travelling back down to London that evening

22. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wow, that is a world of pain. Punched through the heart. Seen Portugal twice here, once at the Emirates when we beat Brazil 2-1 with the second from Deco :D and just before the Euro 2016 when we lost against England at Wembly (cold day) but then shortly later we Euro 2016 :ninja:. Not trying to make it worse, seriously. Closest I have to your death punch is the 5-0 lose to Arsenal a few years back by Benfica, Benfica is going to be at the Emirates Cup later this year too, almost definitely will be there with my brother.

23. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    went to Dublin in 95 and then went to all Portugal games at euro 96 and the friendly vs England in 95 or 94 cant remember the year it was 1-1

24. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bernardo Silva would best fit at Barcelona in Iniesta's role, where he would wreak havoc and grow immensely as a player.

At Manchester United he needs to be given a free role to roam from the wing, because if he's stapled there like Mata was earlier before his injury he could struggle.

JoseEmidio repped this.
  25. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bernardo Mota Veiga de Carvalho vs Dijon Football Côte d'Or