Berlin - Youth Soccer - U18

Discussion in 'Germany' started by soccertis, Feb 16, 2004.

1. soccertis

soccertis New Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Niagara Falls, Ont
    Hello, I am currently in berlin germany, and i want to get a try out with a youth team. I basically want to play soccer. I have the talent i am 18 years old, and i want to pursure something professinal over here. I dont speak german. That is why i need help thank you very much

2. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well, when you are 18 you won't play on a U18 team, because you are not UNDER 18... ;-)
    The biggest Club in Berlin is hertha, they have an engliash website at www.herthabsc.de
    in 2nd division there is Union Berlin, in the last years in 2nd laeuge also there were Tennis Borußia Berlin and babelsberg
    no idea whether you'll do it there or not though ;-)
    good luck anyways!

3. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    There are so many teams in Berlin. There are the big teams (Hertha, Union, to a lesser extent clubs like Tennis Borussia). At the 5th Division level (which is the highest level of play to feature exclusively Berlin teams, and which is probably a good starting point for your search), there are 20 clubs (BFC Dynamo, Tennis Borussia II, Hertha Zehlendorf, Fortuna Biersdorf, BFC Preussen, Eintracht Muhlsdorf, Tasmania 73, TSV Rudow, SSC Teutonia, Mariendorfer SV, Alemmania 90 Wacker, Nord Wedding, Germania 88, Berliner SC, Sparta Lichtenberg, Koepenicker SC, Vfb Hermsdorf and SC Charlottenburg). There are another 40 or so teams in the 6th Division, clubs like Spandau SV, FC Brandeburg, TSV Oranke, BFC Viktoria, Blau Weiss, Fortuna Pankow, BSV Mitte, FC Spandau, Spandau Kickers, etc. Take a look at the sports page of the Berliner Morgenpost.

FWIW, someone on a team I played on (this was the 80s) went over to Berlin and "hooked" up with a team (name eludes me, but it was the old 4th Division, IIRC). I don't think he was ever officially registered/signed, but practiced and played in a few "friendlies."

4. soccertis

soccertis New Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Niagara Falls, Ont
    well what is the german deadline i just turned 18 in august so i could maybe play u18
    but ya i will try and contact these clubs, is there any emails available