News: Berhalter releases statement

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by soonertony, Jan 3, 2023.

1. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I read it more as him trying to get his profile raised in Europe to get a coaching job there. Particularly this passage.

“I guess what it [the USSF report] does is it means there are options,” Berhalter says. “That I would still be in consideration – nothing is going to exclude me from being part of that process and there are other processes that are happening also. After the work that has been done, that is what is right. Whether it is offered or not – or I take it or not – that’s a completely different story. To not be part of the process would be difficult. Because of the achievements of the team and how much the team has grown over the last four years.”

And for those wondering why he was at the Fulham game

He has been around Europe in recent weeks, including a visit to Real Madrid. It will be tempting for English football to focus on the otherness of the native US football coach but Berhalter has played in more European countries than the vast majority of English players. He speaks German, Dutch and Spanish. He gained his Uefa A and B licenses in Germany. Later he was part of the successful Los Angeles Galaxy side as a team-mate of David Beckham.

Mike03, Marko72, ShayG and 2 others repped this.
  2. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since Gregg has an UEFA coaching license, I hope he can get a coaching gig in Europe and follow the Marsch path (except for the firing parts). And if this can happen soon-ish, it would definitely put him outta the running for USMNT coach (not that I think he will be rehired but ya never know…).

bct81 and largegarlic repped this.