News: Benny out of Derby County

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by S.Nova, Jul 28, 2008.

1. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    That's how he should be played.

2. minya

minya Member

Mar 27, 2008
    san diego, ca
    He is probably the best player on that team. Yes, Altidore gonna be better than him. Everybody is welcome to neg rep me.

3. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Why the hell would somebody neg rep you for disagreeing with your player selection?

4. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    If Benny is playing to his full potential, he should be playing next to Holden, Edu, or Szetela playing at their full potential.

5. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Feilhaber the best player in the team? He may be 6th best at best. But he does bring a killer skill that if properly exploited can be a great benefit to the team.

Within the framework of what Nowak is playing I'd like to see him tried as deep lying mid playing in front of bradley and behind Holden or Kljestan in a three man central midfield. He is after all more creative mid than attacking mid. Holden/Kljestan and Bradley would provide the defensive cover.

6. minya

minya Member

Mar 27, 2008
    san diego, ca
    Got no ideas why, but people like doing that. As long as I don't know what all those reps are for, I don't mind.

7. AmeriMex

AmeriMex Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Orange County, Calif
    Personally, I like Rogers in the midfield paired with BF. (I also liked Zizzo on the other side, but oh well) Rogers and BF combined very well with Szeltza and Dax in the game, with Bradley cleaning up deep...all had a great first 15 minutes of 2nd half, BF leading them through with some very nice ball movement... then it deterioted. It seems the humidity got most of the boys, with 10 minutes left they were toast, absolutley dreadful and deserved to lose.

Still no club news for Benny? Anyone

8. jpoler1

jpoler1 Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Bedford, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So pretty much you want the U-21 World Cup team.

9. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This isn't Europe, chief. We don't mess with that U-21 business. ;)

10. TheGodofSoccer

TheGodofSoccer Red Card

Mar 12, 2008
    Heaven
    Are these writers credible? Will Benny end up back in Germany?

11. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Doesn't look like it. From what I've read on the Yanks Abroad Forum, it is either Netherlands or MLS at this point. But that is subject to change with a good performance in these Olympic games. :)

12. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do you reckon. A bad performance and he'll go to MLS. A good performance and it's the Netherlands?

13. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is still getting paid until by Derby County until he signs for someone else, isn't he?

I doubt he is feeling that stressed about missing a trial to play in the Olympics. Worst case scenario is that he signs for MLS for 100k per year for a couple years. He will be OK.

14. walkingcity

walkingcity Member

May 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
  17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Yes, a teammate of Jeremiah White. (who should be in the USMNT fold, it's not like our depth on the right side of midfield is that great) Ives reporting this as well.

This as an opportunity for Benny to get his career back on track. He's been overhyped by the BigSoccer intelligentsia for quite a while now, but his club performances haven't matched the hype. Good luck to him.

18. obewan

obewan New Member

Jul 24, 2005
    NC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if he's been overhyped or if he's underperformed. I believe he can live up to the hype but has underperformed (for various reasons) at the clubs with which he has played. Hopefully this will work out well for him.

19. CFCkm7

CFCkm7 New Member

Sep 26, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He certainly looks happy.