Benfica vs. Liverpool for the CL

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Nelso, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
    The draw was a few minutes ago... Liverpool - Benfica!

2. SLB4EVERSLB

SLB4EVERSLB Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Toronto
    I think it was a good draw, i wanted liverpool :)

3. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
    Benfica didn't had good ways to run from "bigger" or "powerful" teams... I like Benfica very much, but I think I will prefer to see the main game... CHelsea x Barcelona! I hope the 4 games are in different days :cool:

4. Virgo

Virgo New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    You're kidding me? what kind of Benfica fan are you?

The one that sticks at home watching another game and when he knows Benfica won, go out to the street to celebrate with the scarf?

Disgraceful :mad:

5. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa

6. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    I'm sure Liverpool's determination to buy Simão has just increased a lot. ;)

7. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
    ehehehh and if they don't, it's Simão that gets extra determination for the game.

8. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I am not sure why everyone is happy with this draw. This is not a typical EPL team, they are coached by a Spaniard and haven't lost a game in European Competition.
    They play a very "European" style and probably have the best player in Steven Gerard.
    The only benefit may be that Liverpool will be a bit fatigued being involved in the World Club Championship in Japan and the ongoing demands of the EPL.

9. eurodad

eurodad Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    True but from this point all, they are all strong. I just like to play against our English counterparts. They have a way of underestimating thier apponents. :D

10. DiaboVermelho86

DiaboVermelho86 New Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Very interesting draw. I think Liverpool will prove team. They have not allowed one goal in their last 10 games in the EPL and now are starting to get better offensively aswell. Well atleast we're facing a team that wears red, seems so far we can only beat teams in red, Lille and Man U. Best of luck to both teams and hopefully Benfica will come out on top.

PS: Barcelona better kick Chelsea's ass.

11. eurodad

eurodad Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Dont get me wrong. I know Liverpool is the better team. Im not blinded by my red sunglasses. Im hoping for some good luck for Benfica and some bad lock for Liverpool with a touch of Man U overconfidence :D For me Benfica did amazing to get to this point. Anything from this point on is bonus. :D :D

12. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    To be the best we have to beat the best.....we started with ManU, why not knock out the current european champions?

Its 11 vs 11, anything can happen. We play at home first we need a 2-0 score to go to Liverpool a bit more relaxed.

13. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    this is going to be another sell out crowed.

14. eurodad

eurodad Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    When is Simao expected back guys ? Any word ?

15. eurodad

eurodad Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    I wonder what Benfica will do with all these new funds :D Maybe Christmas for Benfica fans will come in January this year :D :D

16. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    These games are not until Feb, by then Simao will be back.

17. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
    I like Benfica, and that's why I wish the games of Chelsea - Barcelona can be in different days, so I can see 4 great football games.

And no, I'am not like those guys who are always shaming Benfica, but run to the road when Benfica wins...

Yes, I'am not a 100% Benfica soccer fan, cause I'am tired of portuguese football... but Benfica is a great club in other sports, just like rink-hockey, team handball, basketball...

18. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
    I read the two sides... Maybe Liverpool an be tired, but this competition can also give'em more motivation for the rest of the season in Europe and EPL...
    (I hope not :D )

19. eurodad

eurodad Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Yes but how much before Feb will he be back. Will he come back in time to get into game shape and sharp. In otherwords. Will he be the old Simao when these two teams face. ;)

20. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Let's just say that when this is all said and done, 'pool will regret not doing everything they could to get him when they had the chance. ;)

21. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I can't wait to stick it to the Liverpool fans. :D

22. Johnlong

Johnlong New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    At least you will be able to say you were knocked out by the current european champions,chaps :D ;)

23. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    How about you promise to not call us cheaters when we beat you. :D ;)

24. Johnlong

Johnlong New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Won't be no excuses from me ;)

Im glad you beat Man Utd because they are smelly and when they scored that strange goal at the start of the game you played them they lost their respect for you thinking they could just walk that game and then i was glad to see you beat them 2 a 1 !!.

However we will not be taking you lightly and Rafa will have the troops ready to go to your place with Gerrard and co with Gerrard scoring 2 from 30 yards each at the stadium of light ;)

25. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This is a tough draw for Benfica. Liverpool is a very organized team and they are definitely the faviortes for this game and have a good shot at defending their title IMO. Their defence is rock solid too, wont be easy.