Benfica Haters

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by TO DEVILS, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    If you hate Benfica as much as you love your club or even more post here.

Join hand and diss the biggest club in Portugal. Make sure to let your emotions flow freely.

Here, my Xmas gift to you all!!!!

2. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Nice idea. Wrong title. It should've been The Anti-Benfica Thread: Containing all of Aveirenses post match "analysis" and "thoughts".

3. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    We can always ask the mods to change it.

This should be a sticky thread!!!!!

4. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Em Portugal só á dois clubes o BENFICA e os que ódeiam o BENFICA.

5. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Not all posts are about hating Benfica. How one perceives a post made by another who is a non-fan is a different story. Some of the posts from non-Benfica fans have actually attempted to engage in discussion - and before you or someone else goes ahead and searches for endless posts about anti-Benficaism (and you know who you are), I can find many a post to back up my claim, too.

I am not here on my soapbox claiming that I like Benfica - quite the opposite, and those that know me know this is true. However just because I or someone else who does post in this forum doesn't necessarily mean we are here to spew our hatred to whomever will listen. Sometimes, we just want to chat. Isn't that what a forum is supposed to do? Also, remember this - if a non-Benfica supporter is attacked for their thoughts, how would you expect that person to respond? Well, with the same pointless drivel. And where does it lead us in the end? Nowhere.

These are just my thoughts, and I fully expect to be massacred for expressing my views - and I know exactly from who...

6. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Hater!!!! :D

7. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    More pompous, self-righteous crapola...

A thread designed to make a feeble attempt to direct more hatred so that all of the lampioes can spew more nonesense...this is truly funny...

The Lampioes are the only ones that still think they are the "biggest" club in Portugal...

Now I am not saying that SCP is the biggest before you guys come down on this post...

Furthermore...a thread created to gather sympathy...for this supposed hatred everyone has for the Lampioes...WTF is the world coming to...:D

8. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hello...my name is Juveleorules and I am a Benfica Hater:p

9. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    According to attendance averages, FC Porto is the biggest club in Portugal :p

There is nothing to hate about Benfica right now.

10. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    That is the first step to recovery, congratulations! :p

11. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Grab a chair.........Next!!!!!!

12. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Welcome, please have some refreshments. There will be some porto wine as soon as one of our counsellors arrive.

According to attendance averages, Porco hosted Sporting and Benfica in the first half. I'd think this boosted your average. Let's visit this again when SLB hosts both you and Sporting in the 2nd half.

Incidentally, along with Sporting your highest gate was when the "biggest or not the biggest" club visited. :p

13. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Can't wait for the 2nd half. If Benica is behind Porto more than 8 points, I don't think too many Benfica fans will show up in the stadium, only if Benfica is eitehr a few points back or ahead of Porto. Benfica only seem to show up when Benfica is doing good. :p

14. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Good point but Benfica will not lose in the 2nd half. :p

Oh, have you tried the muffins? :D

15. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    The muffin selection suck, i don't like the blueberry or the carrot ones. I prefer the chocolate chip cookies.

16. DiaboVermelho86

DiaboVermelho86 New Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    You should try the bran muffins, they keep you regular. :D

17. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    We are sorry to hear that. Hopefully the porto wine gets here soon :eek:

18. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This unfortunately is the case for most fans of any Athletic team with a few exceptions...

The Lampioes historically only show up if the team is doing well or playing SCP or the Tripeiros...otherwise it an empty mausoleum...

Thank god Liverpool is coming to town or you would think that the Luz was closed to the public:D

19. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    The Largatos and Tripeiros are no different. The Luz is anything but gloomy, perhaps not as colourful as your "Rainbow Bright-SpongeBob SquarePants" of a stadium but gloomy it's not. Having said all that, Benfica's attendance still beats yours in every aspect eventhough we played both you and porto away.

Thanks to Benfica not all Lisboetas will have to suffer through another year of having to go without CL futebol. :D

20. DIABOS1982

DIABOS1982 New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Australia
    where did u hear that from ??? coz i recall reading on the Record site that porto are trying to sell 1/2 price membership ticksets coz there attendence Ave have been down this hole year??? 0-2

21. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    You read on record so it must be true :D

22. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Thanks to Benfica ,Estoril made enough on gate recepts to pay 3 months worth of Wages from that game in Algarve last year.....Go read the article on maisfutebol and see what the president says: "Our stadium has a capacity of 4,700k and even in the Superliga vs tams like FCP and SCP we didnt fill the stadium ,only vs Benfica in the Algarve we were able to pay 3 months worth of wages "....Other words our boring club ,wasnt able to save Estoril but kept them on the fight for an extra 3 months.....

23. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah...nothing like playing once every 10 years in Europe...
    or have you Lampioes forgotten already...

24. benficafan100

benficafan100 New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Oshawa Ontario
    Benfica 65 Titles,Porto 55 Titles,Sporting 41 Titles,Now you tell me who's the best in Portugal

25. DiaboVermelho86

DiaboVermelho86 New Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Once every ten years? The last time we were in the Champions League was the 1998/1999 season, so that's 7 years by my math. When was the last time Sporting were in the Champions League, even Boavista were there twice in the last 6 years.