Benfica Champions League Group

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Carepinho_7, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Celtic beat Everton 1-0 actually, pre-season games don't mean much at all though.

They're a decent side but not great. The signing of Jan Venegoor or Hesselink and expected signing of Thomas Gravesen will help them. Celtic have a number of attacking players, like Maloney and Nakamura, who will cause problems. Although they're losing Stan Petrov and their defence is weak. I expect Benfica and Man Utd to go thorugh, although (sorry) I expect a much improved Utd side to win the group. Celtic and FCK will fight it out for the UEFA cup spot.

As for Celtic fans? Deluded scum (well,most of them ;)).

2. Alchemy

Alchemy New Member

Jul 8, 2006
    Seriously? My memory is truely terrible....Am I thinking of a different pre-season loss? They played Man U didn't they?

I'll just shut up and anticipate the start of the matches. :D

3. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Er no we beat everton in that particular friendly, we just lost the rest, not that it matters a shit.

4. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    (warning, this may get funny)

Celtic's preseason results:

Legia Warsaw 0 - 1
    Wisla Krakow 0 - 2
    DC United 0 - 4
    Chivas of Guadalajara 0 - 0
    New England Revolution 1 - 1
    Everton 1 - 0
    Manchester United 0 - 3
    Yokohama F Marinos 0 - 3
    Chelsea 1 - 1

You actually managed to pick out their only win in a friendly :D

In fairness to them the team that will start the CL games will be very different to the team that started any of those games. Games like the one against Man Utd were basically reserve games, they had a crazy (money driven) pre-season schedule which actually went into the first couple of weeks of the season.

5. Alchemy

Alchemy New Member

Jul 8, 2006
    Haha, how strange of me to point out the Everton game. I think it was fresh in my mind as it was one of the only pre-season games I actually bothered to watch. I'm excited to watch Celtic in action now.

6. THE FAMOUS CELTIC FC

Aug 25, 2006
    Wishaw
    You would be made more than welcome at paradise alfredo !

GOD BLESS YOU

7. THE FAMOUS CELTIC FC

Aug 25, 2006
    Wishaw
    I agree Vic we have had poor results away in Europe but they played well in some and were unlucky not to take something from the games,anyway we are a different side now and our luck must change in the away ties as you need a bit of luck as well as playing well.If we can win our home games again and take a point away that would be enough.We got 9 points last time but didn't make the last 16,that doesn't happen very often.

"HAIL HAIL THE CELTS ARE HERE"

8. THE FAMOUS CELTIC FC

Aug 25, 2006
    Wishaw
    "Deluded scum" you must be one of those Rangers/Morton fans. HAIL HAIL

9. Carepinho_7

Carepinho_7 Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Enough with the Celtic - Rangers- Religion crap. Take it to your Scottish forums and start preparing for a couple of loses at home.

10. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Straight da ******** up:D

11. alfredo1

alfredo1 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    germany
    if only i could get some tickets... :eek:

12. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Our group is tuff but not impossible. We need to win at least 2 of the home games and get some points away....Tuff but duable.

13. umdemelo

umdemelo Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Charm City
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm predicting the following as far as Benfica's performance in our group.

vs Manchester- Draw at home, Loss away

vs Celtic- Win at home, Draw away

vs Copenhagen- Win at home, Draw away

I figure SLB will total 9 points and finish second in the group. My only concern is whether Copenhagen will take points off of Celtic. I see Celtic beating Manchester in Scotland so if Copenhagen doesn't take points off of Celtic I think Benfica may finish third. That would suck but on the bright side I think Benfica could make a very serious run at the Uefa cup.

14. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Don't even think about Uefa!!!! I think we will beat ManU at home 2-1, lose away. Beat Copenhagen both home and away and tie celtic both games.

15. alfredo1

alfredo1 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    germany
    i think it's a little advantage that of our first 3 matches 2 are away legs (copenhagen + celtic). so we have the possibility to play in a difficult surrounding and hopefully reach a good result and then at home seal the qualification to the round of 16.

16. THE FAMOUS CELTIC FC

Aug 25, 2006
    Wishaw
    I would love it if Celtic and Benfica progressed to the last 16 with Copenhagen dropping down to the Uefa cup and Man u out of Europe,not as far fetched as you may think,although they have top class players they are no longer the team they once were, heres hoping but as long as Celtic do well i'm happy.

17. alfredo1

alfredo1 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    germany
    as long as benfica follows, i'll be happy, too... :D

18. stevie21

stevie21 New Member

Sep 12, 2006
    As a Celtic fan I'd predict that Benfica will beat Copenhagen home & away, beat us in Lisbon :( lose in Glasgow and lose & draw against Man U.
    Benfica look like a decent bet to qualify from their group with those 10 points.

On a totally unrelated note - what does "Levantamento Estádio" translate as?

19. Reis710

Reis710 New Member

May 20, 2006
    Hamilton
    i odnt know about this group. its not about the other teams becuase i seriously belive we have the best "team" in this group the problem is the team. benfica has too many good players and again for the second straight year will not have a consistant team and like we saw last year if your team isnt consistant you will lose team chemistry and therefore that is the reason why i am worried about the preformance in the CL the Taca and the Liga. lets hope im wrong.

20. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Pick up at the stadium.

21. alfredo1

alfredo1 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    germany
    afer having seen such a match like on wed. i hope they change their minds or they will be out before they even realise that they are in...