Benefits of dual citizenship?

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by LutaLivre, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    I think it was put to me as, "Well, if you have two passports and they want to negotiate we can point to your other passport and say let them deal with it." I also think it's BS because if the press found out they would have a field day with it...especially with the number of immigrants in this country. Either way, it certainly didn't stop me.

2. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Well, Fidel is not doing too hot so we may all be able to go there in the next few months. :D

3. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    You always try to out do everyone else. :rolleyes: Anybody that has traveled in the last 5 years knows that is not possible anymore (after 9/11)and besides if you used ewk airport in the last 3-4 years you would know that it's the same line for everybody.

Besides, what kind of big lines do you find in Lisbon or Porto at 7AM??

4. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    U are so right. How would you explain to the US customs officials a 2 way trip and no stamp on your passport!!!

That was done back in the day, not anymore!!!

5. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

What are you talking about? Im trying to out do who? :confused: :mad:

Just last year I went on a flight (Continental) from ewk to lis and used my Portuguese passport when I arrived because most of the people on my flight were US citizens, so there was in fact a big line.

As far as the line in Newark, I know it is the same I never said I go on a different line in Newark read my post. In Newark I show my US indeed as well as my Portuguese.

Every time I post something, I always got some wiseguy like you giving me crap as to why I am wrong about my personall life.

6. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

No, I was not exclusively presenting my US here without my Portuguese. I never said that, although metro was implying I did so, because he is such a fond world traveler. I only have to present my Portuguese passport in Portugal, all dual citizens are aware of that. In the US I show my US and the Portuguese. I did this on two occasions because there was in fact huge lines in Portugal and a hassle.

7. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benefits?

I can only think of the fact that you don't have to pay outrageous amounts to renew your green-card... Other then that, there could always be a benefit in your workplace, because you would be eligible for tenure status if it's offered. ('permenant residents' aren't able to get tenure status)

8. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That's because half the time your arrogant ass posts it's to say crap like "I'm richer than you," "I live in New York City, I got money money money," "I'm a biker, I"M SO FEWKING COOL" "I GO TO AN IVY LEAGUE COLLEGE" "I WENT TO A RESTAURANT YESTERDAY HURRAY FOR ME."

You see, there's nothing wrong with that, if we were your parents and gave a shit about half the things you say.

But you went to an Ivy League school/still go? so you would obviously know that since you're so smart. :rolleyes:

But feel free to scan a picture of your report card so we can continue to not give a shit. :)

9. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I always thought travelling with two passports was illegal???:confused:

10. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Now that's a great idea!!!

11. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    We all know how above everybody else you are. But anyway you dont how much I travel, and it's not of your business but explain me something. How do explain coming in the country if you never left? Im comfused. I think that would cost you a visit to the little rooms that they have in the immigration line :p

And traveling Continental makes a difference than traveling TAP??

And how the fvxk you show 2 passports? You must be special

12. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    And he buys a lot of stuff at CSD's store. Like we dont

13. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005

LMFAO!

14. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Out of curiosity...why is it illegal to travel with 2 passports?

15. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

How did I know YOU of all people would come here to attack me on this level? You and your cronies keep trying to make me look dumb in front of my fellow posters. I honestly think the mods need to give you a yellow card, because you continue to offend me for no reason. You don't like me as much as I do not like you. Mods, this is my request for you to look into this matter and handle this poster.

ITS TIME FOR ME TO AIR YOUR ASS OUT AND LET THE TRUTH BE HEARD. I gotta do this, I gotta respond to you one last time so I can go on talking about soccer and other crap and let this nonsense become clear.

First off, I would like to honestly know how you came to the conclusion that I have money? Did I ever talk about how much money I had? No, n+
    ot once have I ever mentioned such thing.

I have mentioned that I am a graduate student at a good school. Yes, that is true. Do you know why I mentioned that? It was in response to someone that called me a HS drop-out. So what if I am proud of that? I worked my ass off for it. You see, once I finish school, I could have a nice little job like yours.

You hassle me about the fact that I live in NYC. So what that I mentioned I live in NYC? I do!!! Do you have your location on your profile? Why does living here make me a bad guy? Do you know what part of NY I live in? I'll tell you. 120th and Riverside. Do you know what kind of neighborhood that is? Its basically in Harlem, and the only reason I live there is because of school. But you could not put tthose two together, could you?

So I went to a restaurant downtown called Pico? Who cares about the fact that I mentioned a good Portuguese restaurant, no big deal. I took my girlfriend out. Im sorry if that is me being arrogant. Im not here to be some kind of player.

You see, all of that shit didn't even bother me. Everything was cool untill you got to the point about my parents. You see what I'm about to say is on such a higher level, that I dont know why I'm saying it on a message board. Maybe its my way to vent for your comments. I should not even be airing this out but hopefully you will finally shut your trap. Lets talk about my parents!!! According to you we are rich, correct? My mom cleans houses for a living to make ends meet so she can raise my siblings. Lets continue on with my parents. My father a 54 y.o. man with poor health who works construction to put us through school. Im sure you got a nice little plushy office job, so you have none of these worries. Things would be great if my parents at least lived together, or with me. My parents are divorced, did you know that Aveirenses? Do you know how that feels. I gotta pay my own damn rent. I gotta work, I gotta substitute teach in East Harlem, in the South Bronx.

Don't ever try to judge me home boy. You don't know half of the things I've been through in my life. So you can be there and stand tough with your nasty posts. I no longer care. You are nothing to me.

Go ahead, tell these people some more things they don't know about me, please.

16. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    "Blah blah blah."

You were saying???? :eek:

17. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    something tells me Avs doesn't care...

18. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    It's not the same line for everybody, at either airport LIS or EWR. In LIS you have the EU line and the non-EU line. I know this because on the Continental flight sometimes you land after the Angola flight...and the line is huge.

In the US you have 2 different sections as well, US citizen and non-US citizens. My mom has been switching passports at entries for the longest time. But, this past March she got busted leaving LIS in the passport control area. The guy just asked her if she had 2 passports and she said yes. She just flew out Sunday to go back to Portugal...and she wasn't sure if she was going to use both passports again. :D

19. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    In Portugal you have 2 lines. In Newark which is where all direct flights from zportugal land you have 1 line. It's being like that for at least 4 years

20. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    It's not illegal in the US and I doubt it is illegal in Portugal. But, if customs or immigration see you with 2 passports they may be inclined to ask you some questions. That's why it's strongly suggested that you only show one passport when approaching document control.

If there is no law against dual citizenship, there is no law against having 2 passports.

21. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

No, I think Paulinho actually cares or else he wouldn't comment about my life as he did before, and acting that way. It does not bother me at all, the less of him the better. Im just glad his post got a laugh out of you, TO and Metrofan.

Its a shame, Im sure Aveiresnes is a nice guy after all. I would love to meet him in the city one day for a beer to discuss Aveiro, Ilhavo and Barra.

22. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    In Newark there are 2 sections, US and non-US citizens. For a while they were building the new immigration section and it looked like everyone went to the same line (and they may do that during low staff hours), but they do have 2 different sections. The place is now L-shaped and on one branch is the US citizens and the other the non-US citizens.

23. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

You are right. My dad is not a citizen, so he told me it is newly built and he no longer goes with everyone.

24. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Thank you very much. I guess people just need an excuse to crucify me.

25. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Read Figo Pim's post if you dont believe me. WTF do you have against me now? What did I do to you?