Benefit Auction to Kick Cancer's Ass - Dempsey Signed Jersey

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by JoeSoccerFan, Jun 26, 2018.

1. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I hope the Seattle moderators accept the placement of this thread, because it is tangentially soccer related.

DCU is sponsoring a benefit auction for Big Rob. He is a former elder for the Barra Brava. He has a huge hospital bill to continue to get much needed cancer treatment. Here's the link for https://www.dcunited.com/node/28166?utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter go down half a page to the www.dcu.givesmart.com link to create an account. Auction ends June 27th at 8pm EAST COAST TIME - don't sleep on this one.

Right now, there are signed jerseys from Giovinco (2 of them), Ibrahimovic, Dempsey, Schweinsteiger, Villa, Arriola and Durkin. I almost caught a Dempsey jersey during an early USMNT match in Columbus, but the guy in front of me snatched it.

Big kudos and credit for DCU for sponsoring this auction and for Dave Kaspar calling around the league for these signed jerseys. I appreciate Garth's assistance as a former DCU draftee in 96 and a lawyer in the DC area.

My understanding is that the DCU supporter groups are putting their differences aside to support Rob - I hope this is true. He's been a beacon of leadership for many years and a good guy to all the groups.

With the USA backward health system, Big Rob lost his health insurance when he could no longer work. He bought an individual plan via ACA (aka Obamacare) GOLD plan, but Texas decided to remove this and move him to the SILVER plan that has a very high deductible and other fees. Hopes that helps explain why someone needs huge amounts of money to get the medicine to keep him alive.

If you already have too much gear and your loved one will give you crap for bringing home one more thing, here's an easy way by eliminating the middleman and just giving cash:
    https://www.youcaring.com/robertgillespie-964895

Big Rob is very thankful for any support that you can provide. Dig deep. If it doesn't hurt too much purchase the Gio jersey, so you can trample on it in remembering the 2017 MLS cup.