Bench Landon

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Richter Boy, Aug 9, 2002.

1. X.F.S.

X.F.S. New Member

May 24, 2001
    San Jose, CA
    Oh, oops. 2nd half just started. He "goosed" the play of the winning goal? Doh.

2. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    Bench Landon.

Cut Lucci.

Start Cerritos.

3. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't think he was dogging it v. the Galaxy at all. He didn't get many touches in the 1st half but he got numerous touches in the 2nd, coming back to help the defense and midfield, and sprinting forward looking for return passes and to open up space. In fact, a few of these would have turned into fine scoring opportunities if the return passes hadn't been off the mark.

He played in the Cup game (along with all the other starters) in order to keep sharp. No doubt the team got 3 or 4 days off before a tough week of practice this week. DC has a very tough defense so it won't be easy this Saturday. All the Quakes will have to be at the top of their game.

4. landonlover2110

landonlover2110 New Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Cincinnati
    I agree, landon needs a little breather, he is trying to please everyone he can, and its getting to be too much for him, his performances arent terrible, they are just not as good as they can be, he should be allowed to go home for a couple days and just sit around, that would let him catch up with everyone else.
    GO LANDON!!!

5. landonlover2110

landonlover2110 New Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Cincinnati
    No wait, lets just let Landon handle this "slump" of his anyway he wants to, he knows how to get himself out of whatever comes his way. GO LANDON!

6. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    Did you get to see the Open Cup game in Cincinnati?

Sean

7. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Re: Re: Bench Landon

I should probably let the person in question answer, but they do get Fox Sports World out in Ohio, too...so it's quite possible.

8. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I know.

Sean

9. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    Isn't a guy allowed to have a bad day every now and then? Landon's been going nonstop since before the World Cup...give him a little more time to get his game back, and we'll all be supporting him like we always have.

I don't think benching him is the answer at all. If you do that he loses a bit of confidence, and doesn't get the playing time he loves. I say we give him a few more touches on the ball and get him more involved in the match....heres hoping for a goal on Saturday!

10. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I say we start Lucci instead of L-Do.

11. SJEarthquakes

SJEarthquakes New Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Boston Area
    Well, if he's going to have a bad days until his game comes back, why doesn't he (or Frank) decide that he will take a slight break. He's going too fast and might burn out. At age 20, that won't be good. He needs a break, soon, and hopefully will return to full form.

12. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    Agreed....it's just so hard to bench the Golden Boy, ya know?

13. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    20 years old, 10 days of rest between the Open Cup and DC, if that's not enough rest for a 20 year old then rest is not the answer. Remove some of the outside commitments and distractions and get back to the game.

14. SJEarthquakes

SJEarthquakes New Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Boston Area
    Yeah, like all the photo shoots. I know he wans to promote soccer, but photo shoots don't promote soccer. They promote him (or his body). Just get that kid focused again.

15. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    Hopefully now that World Cup fever has died down once again he'll be able to focus on why he's here...to play quality soccer, and help the Quakes win cup number 2! :)

16. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    I wish to rename this thread "Cut Landon".

17. MotoKar

MotoKar New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    Landon Donovan is an adult, and i think he can make his own decisions. He doesn't come here for advice...

18. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    I do not think that Landon can make his own decisions. I am not sure he is an adult.

19. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Landon, I know that's you......Does Joe know your using his computer while he is drinking at the Brit?

20. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    well said!! :D Richter boy...why must we rag on Golden Boy all the time? he's still...good!

21. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  22. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    yea yea we've heard that before...care to come up with something more original? :D

23. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  24. NoFearChick

NoFearChick New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    Hey, "TheSlipperyOne" ,Landon does not sux, he has some mad skill! He might not be doin as good as we all know he can, but it'll come back to him. Have some faith in him.

25. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Landon sucks.

And there are no quotation marks around my name.

I'm glad that your first post on BigSoccer was in response to me.