Ben Olsen...classless jerk, Ray Hudson...classy guy

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Aimer. Northend Diva, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Tim,

Sexism implies something that is degrading to all women. We're only degrading one.

The only problem is that we are giving her the attention she craves.

Dave

2. HHHDC

HHHDC New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    pittsburgh
    After looking at her so called "modeling" portfolio, I have to say she's not even attractive by backwoods standards.

3. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It did happen. Here's my take on the incident.

We did talk to security. But they said they couldn't do anything. Which was good, cuz honestly I wasn't looking to see Ben get in trouble at the game. My take is that Ben wouldn't have spit had he not been taunted. He shouldn't have spit, but he's only human and was reacting (inappropriately) to what was said to him.

Anyway, my feelings on the incident (I was standing next to the 15 year old fan who got hit in the leg) are in the link above.

4. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Careful what you say to Big Mama.

5. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    "Mom KNOWS what I wanted to REALLY do. ha ha ha ha."

Yeah, the rest of us can figure it out too.

Note to MLS - if Ben Olsen gets anything more than a verbal reprimand for this it will serve as a license for any attention-seeking psycho to do whatever she wants to wind up a playear and try and make HERSELF part the story.

Go back to being an extra on Wheel of Fortune or whatever.

6. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

You da freaking MAN!

7. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will not cut my hair.
    I will not cut my hair.
    I will not cut my hair.
    I will not cut my hair.
    I will not cut my hair.
    I will not cut my hair.
    I will not cut my hair.
    I will not cut my hair.
    I will not cut my hair.
    I will not cut my hair.
    I will not cut my hair.
    I will not cut my hair.

8. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you Bimbo83 in disguise? What's next, Ben gave you Hep E? Blech.

9. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    i just caught up with this. and if you're gonna bait someone be ready for whatever. you're lucky he didn't get up there and deck you. i insult players all the time. and had i been spit on i probably would have either

1. jumped down and gotten my ass kicked in an attempt to glorify myself
    2. sat down and shut up.

it would have never happened had you not opened your mouth in the first place. think about that.

10. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    And has better hair.

Sachin

11. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's exactly my take on all this. And I was one of the ones involved in this. Amy was his main target. But I was right there. And I'm the one who talked to Ray.

So does anyone wanna buy a vile of Ben's spit? :D

12. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    I stand by my statements. The reactions by a lot of these posts have been SEXIST. Despite the fact that they were directed at one person, they were derogatory statements made to a woman based on her sex. That is good enough. If you don't believe me, then please read over this post and imagine you have no idea who these people are...would it be even remotely appropriate now? Your point is funny but the crap in the first few pages of this thread ain't.

I don't care who she is or what she has done in the past, no one deserves (or seeks) to be treated this way here. If you use that as your justification, I suggest you all rent that Jodie Foster flick from a decade or two back and bill ME for it. I'll pay for it with a beer at the next match. Because, in all seriousness, there is not a lot of difference in the way a lot of you here have defended your actions and the defense used in that film: "She brought it on herself your honor...I couldn't control myself."

Cheerios,
    Tim

13. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Ben Olsen...classless jerk, Ray Hudson...classy guy

Lord, to compare a wanna-be model who craves attention as much as The Diver to someone who was gang-raped is a pretty big leap. Some people may justify the two things the same way, but the situations are as far removed from each other as they could possibly be.

What you don't seem to get is that Ms. Harber has a macro for "Report This Post" whenever anyone makes fun of her. She's notorious for crying to the admins and mods whenever she is criticized. She wants to be the center of attention, but when that attention is negative, she cries. She even has threatened to hold threads hostage if she doesn't get her way.

Now, the shoe is on the other foot. She criticized someone. She made fun of someone. And she got a reaction. But it wasn't a fawing, "OMG, Aimer you are sooooooooooo funny" response that she gets from the four or five hangers on she has.

So she's pouting. I just have no sympathy for someone who can't face reality.

It is ego, Amy. You're not that good.

14. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Re: Re: Re: Ben Olsen...classless jerk, Ray Hudson...classy guy

You are right...it is a huge leap. I thought that I acknowledged that in the post, but didn't do so as well as I thought. Regardless, as you seem to acknowledge, it is the exact same attitude: it's her fault. My point is simple..It isn't. It can't be. And it never could be if people didn't react in the sexist manner that they did the first few pages of this thread.

Granted, I see the points that have been made in the recent few posts about how the incident was, in a lot of ways, just a way to get attention. But that is 99.99999% of bigsoccerdotcom right there. It's me. It's you. It's anyone who posts here really. Why would crying to a moderator have any bearing on whether or not you have the right to be treated in a manner that is not over the top sexist. People can ignore you and be rude to you and generally disagree with you at the drop of a coin. But not even a "please no personal insults..." WTF!?!?!?!?

You think that I don't "GET" that she has "cryed" to the moderators. I don't CARE. I don't give a damn about what she has done even to Ben Olsen. There were multiple posts at the beginning of this thread that are over the top for any situation. So, your defense is that she baited you?

Someone please explain to me how this post is not sexist, insulting, deserving of some form of moderation...and that anyone would deserve it...please:

"Rearend Diva-

As far as I'm concerned, you can take your whining and p!ss off, you pretentious little tart. Besides, I'm sure you're used to having much worse things sprayed about your face/neck/chest/head area.

Kind regards,

entropy"

This is getting very tiring.

Tim

15. erikfootland

erikfootland New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    Kudos

16. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6

No. They are based on her actions/posts, and her actions/posts alone. Plenty of other women, regardless of which team they support, are able to post here and the responses will be based on whether or not she knows what she's talking about. I have yet to read anything from this girl that exhibits any knowledge of what goes on on the field.

I agree wholly with Sandon on the question of why people think they have the right to get up in player's faces (as opposed to doing it from within the crowd) and be jackasses and worse, complain when the player gives EXACTLY the response the person seeks. True, athletes should be above it, but so should fans.

And the reference to The Accused is also a bit far-fetched. If your entire persona is based on your own sexuality, then you lose the right to complain when your sexual characteristics are brought into question. I liken it more to a girl who wears a Wonderbra and a low-cut blouse and then complains because everybody is staring at her boobs.

Dave

17. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Wait, we're sticking up for spitting now?

18. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Insert your own "El Splatador" joke here...

Dave

19. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Hi Nap

20. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People, People

As this alleged incident is between Amy and Ben I'm not seeing the point of Amy bringing it up here (although I have my suspicions from viewing past posts of hers around Big Soccer and seeing her last year at the Quakes postgame party). She knows how to get in touch with the league and United if she's hellbent on any recourse or apology so posting here is a collassal waste of time.

With the Scum game looming on the horizon we're wasting precious venom here on an incident that we didn't witness, weren't involved in and can't do anything about.

Let's get back to enjoying our Fabulous game against the Quacks, focus on next Sunday's grudge match with the Scum and gearing up for the rematch with the Quacks on Aug 31!

K

21. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Ben Olsen...classless jerk, Ray Hudson...classy guy

Exactly, you can't cry wolf and the complain when one bites you and you get no sympathy. We also might as well shutdown Big Soccer if we are going to curb personal attacks. Almost everyone here has done it, without warrant, at least once here. Guilty your honor.

All that will become of this is that when she compains to MLS they will defer to DC United. They will then ask Ben to appoligize, in private, if at all. End of story. I'm sure Ray and Stephen have already addressed this and are satisfied with Ben's side.

22. Darth_Norteno

Darth_Norteno New Member

Northend Diva...bollocks! You know nothing of any northside. And you deserve every last drop from Olsen's spit. That's what you get for provoking our boy. He probably was sick of being in Cowlumbus.

23. andylovesoccer

Sep 2, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So exactly how close was she to Ben when she was screaming these things at him? It had to be pretty close if he could spit gatorade on her. All I see is someone who knew the game was on tv and, being a supposed model, was grasping for the limelight. She is only craving the publicity that all real models get. Why the hell did she come to the DC boards to post this? She certainly wasn't expecting any symapathy or condolences here was she?

Act like an ass and you will be treated like one....

Any posts I have made in this thread are not intended to defend what Olsen did. It was definitely wrong. But to agitate someone to the point of such a reaction, then complain about it is also wrong. Every action........

24. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Come on...you accuse Ben of being a baby and needing a diaper.

What do babies do? They spit up. So, Ben was just giving you what you asked for. He had just had his bottle (of Gatorade) and let you have it. My 6 month old niece let me have the same thing just this weekend.

You should be happy at getting what you wanted out of one of the players. :)

25. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ben drank some contaminated water in Greece.