Ben & Nick on DC101

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Sundevil9, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Elliot had Ben, Nick and the MLS Cup on this morning to have some champagne to celebrate the championship.

No real groundbreaking news, but lot's of good banter.

Some highlights:
    - Elliot asked Nick about the PK's in the NE game. He asked if he was nervous or if was a situation that he looks forward to, Nick said a little of both. Then Elliot asked about the sucess %, Nick said is was like 70/30, then Ben chimed in with 80/20 and Elliot said that he was only going to take advice from people who are successful in PK's.
    - Ben will be performing Nick's wedding. Elliot advised him to be careful and make sure that he gives the ring to Nick and not miss him (another PK reference)
    - Freddy was celebrating but no booze was involved. Nick commented that Freddy was right there in the lockerroom, with his mother by his side. :D
    - Both look forward to being on the team next year.

2. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Damn - I missed this. Early stinking meetings

3. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got lucky. I hadn't heard any mention of it, until just before, when Elliot said that Ben and Nick would be on in 10 minutes, and commented on the trophy.

4. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This pisses me off. He didn't promo it at all during the time I was listening (7-8ish). But I love that Ben kept to his word and came in.

5. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Good stuff from my good friend Eliot..

One beef though, as much as we love United, Eliot kept on calling them World Champion DC United..

Again, love United, but I wouldn't wanna play Real Madrid or ManU any time soon..

6. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    I don't lay that on his shoulders - I'd say that is beaten into peoples heads in America as though we are the only country who plays the gievn sport.

Think about it:

The Boston Red Sox are the World Champiosn but I don't remember them playing a team from Japan or Cuba.

The New England Patriots are the World Champions of the NFL and they never beat the Rhein Fire.

So on and so on.

7. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait a minute - Ben is marrying Nick and his fiance? Does he do baptisms as well?

8. chayes

chayes New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    Yeah, but Elliot is Canadian.

9. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Whoa, the Fire still have to beat the upcoming CFL champion. How are you going to leave them out?

10. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Elliott made a couple of mistakes, but I'm willing to overlook that. He obviously is trying very hard to actually learn about the sport, everytime he has someone on he sounds a little smarter. It's the little things that impress me, like him playing "Back in Black" as an intro when they came back from the break.