Belenonsense: the further adventures of Freddy Adu

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by smokarz, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabez Ramone

Jabez Ramone Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Southern California
    Time to start a new thread?

2. wooglin12

wooglin12 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freddy's such an ArisHull: The legend continues

3. quinn

quinn Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    NEVER. And, owing to the unmitigated post-whoring by BS49, i hereby declare this the true 1000th post.

or 1001st. such as it may be.

4. Mick7184

Mick7184 New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Franklin, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your taking my words too literally. I didnt say he hasnt played a single game, if you consider playing in 4 games(or however many it was) in a season is getting playing time, then your right. I consider it sitting on the bench all season.

5. Jabez Ramone

Jabez Ramone Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Southern California
    Well, one thing Phil Brown likes is publicity. Here we are talking about Phil Brown. That must make Phil Brown happy.
    Phil Brown.

6. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Grumpy Brit who played for us. Question is, was he better than Freddy Adu? :D

7. Metzengerstein

Jul 29, 2007
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The kiss of death

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Funny.

He's right about one thing, though. A relegation threatened club in the EPL isn't the place to send a 20 year old project. Frankly, I'm not a fan of Jozy being there......despite the playing time he's getting.

9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Man, Pele's really getting in there.

10. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    shit! missed the 1,000th post!

:mad:

oh well... 1010?

11. wooglin12

wooglin12 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    I keep getting redirected to mybookface.

13. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Its halftime right now.

The stream is off right now as a rtesult.

Edit: You dont see a justin tv screen?

14. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Part of the problem might be the location itself......

Lisbon and Monte Carlo...........two places where you can easily get distracted off the field.

15. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^If thats the case..... Thessaloniki may not be the right spot.... but hopefully he'll get encouraged by the coach with playing time and chance to keep himself in check and not get too nuts with the life in greece.

16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I'd love to have Freddy's problems.

(By the way, I have no idea whether the rumors of Freddy getting too involved in the night-life have any basis in reality or if they're just Big Soccer nonsense. I suspect it's nonsense.)

I'm now aiming to be post #2000, since I missed 1000. The question is whether Freddy will have played a match when post 2000 arrives.

17. Aaryque

Aaryque Member

Apr 26, 2007
    Norcal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The bolded is the crux of the entire Adu Cacophony. "Our" ambitions for "him." The problem isn't whether or not Adu is "good" enough, gotten enough minutes, or performed well enough. The problem is that we, as fans, have invested so much in this kid to single-handedly cure our collective inferiority complex that we feel jilted. The reality is if Adu has disappointed us, it's our own fault. Not his. Now, since he hasn't conquered the soccer/futbol/football/etc world before leaving his teen years behind we're all acting like spurned lovers. At a quick glance we can discern 4 groups:

The Denialists: These are the ones who blindly profess that everything is fine. They expected this the whole time. Nothing is wrong. Everything is rosy. He still loves me. He's just really busy. Everything is just fine.

The Bitter Ex: The angry ones. The ones that actually spit vitriol because he hasn't lived up to their personal expectations. So they take every chance possible to tear him down. They nurture any negative rumor. They throw his guitar out the window, erase all of his TIVO'ed shows and disparage him on their Facebook page.

The Protectionist: These are the ones that have been hurt before. Maybe by a Convey or a Johnson or even a JCE. And they refuse to be hurt again. They won't let themselves get their hopes up about a young player because they know they'll just be let down. These are the ones that are currently playing the "told you so" card. The problem is that when a player displays the quality Adu did as a youngster and someone pops up and says they never rated him, it can mean one three things: they're lying to themselves, they're lying to us, or they are blind (either through bias, pride or ignorance.).

The Numb: These are the people who don't pin their hopes and dreams to players. They cheer them when they succeed, but they don't share the success. They are sad when they fail, but it doesn't really effect them. These are the most sane of the four. The problem is the price for their sanity is that they will never feel the heights of passion, joy or pride that the others may. This group is the least prevalent on Adu threads for obvious reasons.

18. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    With this logic, Diego maradona must be the greatest soccer mind in the world.

19. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Everything is fine, no doubt, but I'm still extremely angry, because we've been through this so many times before.

Whatever ...

21. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was about to use that line, too.

The only thing "not Greek" to me is that picture -- it looks like Adu is sitting on a mouth.

22. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Man, google translates the article as saying Freddy grew up in Cameroon and Tarzan was a close family friend. They've got to stop allowing people to fck with the translations.

23. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009
    Cameroon is in the original, and 'Tarzan' is (I bet) a mechanical translation for Arnold 'Tarzy'.

24. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Good stuff.