BeInSports 2016-2017 Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 28, 2016.

1. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    beIN US seems to be running. Though the online stream is awful.

2. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Some more re: Saudi/Qatar feud and potential media repercussions:

3. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I just received an email that Sony Playstation Vue is not carrying BeIN channels as of tomorrow June 8. If I didn't know any better, I would blame Saudi Arabia for this. Not sure what this means in the big picture.

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  4. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lovac1 repped this.
  5. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    “We’ve certainly made every attempt to renew [the agreement between beIN SPORTS and PlayStation Vue to feature beIN SPORTS channels on the streaming network],” said beIN SPORTS VP of Business Development and Affiliate Sales Roy Meyeringh. “Their decision entirely is based on their desire not to pay fair-market value for beIN SPORTS. When I say fair market value, I mean the same rate that our other 30-plus partners are paying.

PS vue is not a good development for beIN. It seems that Sony realized that they are not worth the subscription fee they charge for whatever reason (maybe because people are not watching). Makes you wonder if this is just an isolated incident or who could be next to drop them.

6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    beIN Sports advertised Senegal vs. Equatorial Guinea today at 4:00 P.M. and https://areyouwatchingthis.com/tv/stations/bein1hd-bein-sports-hd says they have coverage beginning at 3:55 P.M., but I found two websites that say the game will be at 5:00 P.M. If the game is 5:00 P.M.-7:00 P.M. rather than 4:00 P.M.-6:00 P.M., a Women's Water Polo Semifinal scheduled for 6:00 P.M. won't be on.

7. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Women's Water Polo was shown at 4:00 P.M. and Senegal vs. Equatorial Guinea was shown live at 5:00 P.M.

8. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Has anyone else notice that beIN are showing more delayed soccer broadcasts on their cable channels,(such as African Champions League and Friendlies) but not offering them live on CONNECT whose live events lately seem to be limited to tennis, motorcycle racing, and track and field?