BeInSports 2016-2017 Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    My bad. Sorry.

2. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Three times this week watching the Championship and League One Playoff Final the beINConnect website through my desktop "experienced difficulties" and lost the stream in the closing minutes. Twice I was streaming EPL games in a different window and was closing that. Today, with not even touching the keyboard their player just died in the 88th minute.

Thx,

Jay!

3. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Did you just apologize for posting a "spoiler" before the game even kicked off? You are a better man than I.... :thumbsup:

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

4. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Lol. Why would anyone come to a football forum if they want to avoid spoilers?

Is anything that important in the TV section here that can't be read until after a match is watched?

The no spoiler rule is stupid. Just avoid everything if you don't want a match spoiled.

The people that don't want spoilers (like my friend that has that annoying habit) should adjust their lives, not the members of a football forum that saw the match live or don't care about spoilers.

This is 2017, instant news, instant results.

bigtw64 repped this.
  5. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I'm guessing maybe he didn't watch last weekend's games before seeing my post, so it was a spoiler for him seeing what Wednesday's game meant. That is the only explanation I have.

Does bein have rights to French relegation/promotion playoff? Is that primarily on Connect?

6. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Tuesday and Wednesday beIN Connect3 will be showing 3 CAF Champions League matches.
    05-23-2017 11 : 00 Cotonsport v. Al Ahly
    05-23-2017 14 : 00 Al Ahli Tripoli v. Zamalek ***
    05-24-2017 10 : 30 Vita Club v. Mamelodi Sundowns

***beIN lists starting time as 2 pm, but my CAF listings have it as 1 pm

This is game week 2 with weeks 3-6 taking place in June and early Jul

PS The first leg of the French relegation/promotion playoff is Thursday and as of now no listing.

EvanJ repped this.
  7. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    beIN had 6 matches from game week 1 from the CAF CL and then pulled them 2 days before airing. Not sure why (and believe me, I asked). So until that first game streams, I am a little weary.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

8. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    This is the "TV, Satellite & Radio" forum. Not a league or club forum. 99% of the time actual results aren't relevant to the topic at hand (who's televising what, why aren't they televising this match, what's wrong with BeIN Connect, etc.)

Beyond that it's the rule of the forum. If the moderators want to change that, fine. But until they do it's common courtesy not to give spoilers. In some cases they can't be avoided - i.e., threads where scheduling of tournaments are discussed (for example, if I DVRed last weekend's FA Cup matches, I stay out of the England thread so I don't see the TV sked for the next round), but here it was the generic BeIN thread.

9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with your first paragraph. The most recent time I mentioned the spoiler rule in the Customer Service forum, I was told that the moderators of each forum get to decide if spoilers are allowed. I don't remember any recent time when a person posted a spoiler and was told by a moderator not to do so.

10. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Was hoping that Ligue 1/2 relegation playoff would be on Bein or Connect for today.

11. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Quick glance into the near future of beIN's schedule worth noting:

- Toulon Tournament: Almost all matches on the 2 TV networks (starts Monday, May 29th)
    - 7 Int'l Friendlies between June 2nd & 9th
    - 4 matches from Spain's 2nd Division on Sunday, June 4th
    - Costa Rica vs Panama CONCACAF WC Qualifier LIVE on beIN-1, Thursday, June 8th.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

12. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does beIN have the rights to Panama vs. Honduras and/or Costa Rica vs. Trinidad and Tobago on June 13? CONMEBOL doesn't have qualifiers in June, so beIN won't have as many games.

13. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    They have rights to both. Since the kickoff times overlap, I would expect 1 match on each channel.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

14. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #314 daniloni, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    Does anyone have an explanation re why BeIN is showing Serie A dead rubbers (Fiorentina-Pescara, Inter-Udinese) rather than the two matches impacting the final relegation spot?

(And of course beIN Connect is not working on my phone)

15. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    They're totally brain-dead over there. I realize Inter and Fiorentina are more popular clubs than Crotone and Empoli, but neither of them are Barca so I'm not sure why they couldn't go with the more important matches over a pair of meaningless ones.

I was able to watch on Connect, but I could only get one match at a time because if I tried another device I got the "too many connections" error (too many means >1 I guess), so I had to keep switching back between the two to stay up-to-date, especially as there was no commentary on Palermo-Empoli, just crowd noise.

16. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Bonehead selection of matches and technical difficulties during televised games. Just a regular weekend on networks of Bein sports.

17. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saw a posting on Facebook that there is a now a BeIN Connect app for roku. Have not yet tried it, but great news if it works (obviously their track record is not great). IMG_2039.jpg

QPR Kevin H and Art Deco repped this.
  18. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Been waiting for this, just installed it. Of course once installed I immediately got the "too many connections" error, but at least this version of the message told me to go beinsportsconnect.tv to deauthorize devices, and after signing in there and going to My Account/My Devices I noticed there were 5 devices listed even though I could only ever get it work on one of them. So I deactivated a couple and the app started "working". When I went to watch what they had broadcasting live, neither the main channel nor the Spanish version worked - I received error messages when each tried to load the channel. However, BeIN 2, which was showing Real Madrid TV, worked, and since I can get the two main channels through my cable box or through the Spectrum app on my 2nd tv, the only thing that really matters to me are the streaming-only channels.

The app looks almost identical to the Android/iOS app, and of course there's no on-demand feature (that remains the holy grail). But assuming it will work, it's more convenient (and easier to control via remote) than using Chromecast. It's just too bad it finally came out once all the European seasons ended.

P.S. For some reason when you go to the site and enter the the activation code from the app, it says "code not valid" at first but just re-submit it.

daniloni repped this.
  19. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    I installed the App last week and still unable to get beIN-ñ (I do have the Deportes package on DTV, therefore authoraized). A few errors here and there but overall the channels work. A little disappointed at the overall picture quality. I do like the convenience of the App to jump from channel to channel.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

20. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After posting, I tried it out. Neither of the regular bein channels worked (different errors) but I was able to watch Real Madrid TV on BeIN 2. There was nothing else on to test it on.

21. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Can you still watch in on the beIN app? If so, then you can watch it someplace else.

Thx,

Jay!

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  23. Gyro62

Gyro62 Member

Jan 1, 2017
  24. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I don't see any immediate impact on BEIN, although things in that part of the world can unravel quickly.

But if things go south for Qatar, who is to say that BEIN USA in a few years won't be acquired by Turner or ATT or some other company you would never think of.

25. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    A good question. I've seen some things already about how the diplomatic tensions right now could possibly change Qatar's "soft sell" approach around the world (with things like beIN). Who knows when things could actually change though. My very non-expert opinion -- Qatar will keep their international sports projects going as long as the 2022 WC plans remain intact.

Of course when it comes to beIN being a viable business entity in the US, that could have a shorter shelf life. I've been half expecting the network to fold every summer for the past few years but they keep on going.