BeInSports 2015-2016 Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SirFozzie, Aug 8, 2015.

1. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #676 kalin21, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
    I wanted to watch Valencia vs Real Sociedad today match but is not available even on Bein Connect..:rolleyes:

2. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Bad guide info from them. beIN Sports 3 live right now.

3. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    More BeIN nonsense as they come in 10 minutes late to the Sporting-Villarreal relegation match on BeIN Espanol because they showed Atletico-Celta which was totally meaningless to its conclusion at 1:30 and then ran 10 minutes of commercials/promos before joining the match in which a goal had already been scored.

MetroChile repped this.
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I'm just glad they didn't spoil the score of the Madrid match on the channel showing the Barca match (or vice versa) like they did in Jornada 37. Who knew you could spoil the score of a "live" game but beIN found a way. :cautious:

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think BEIN get's coverage of the actual celebrations right though. Having the feed from the Stadium in Paris for instance when Ibra was basically saying his "Good bye" speech was classy and cool.
    (I apologize yet again for spoiling things for guys in a coma the last month or so.)

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    True. NBC basically showed 20 consecutive minutes of commercials during Leicester City's celebrations ahead of their match with Everton.

7. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    They got the Juventus celebration completely wrong on Connect. After the match was over, the switched to Atletico warming up a solid 30 minutes before the match. They didn't put the trophy presentation anywhere else. I get not putting the match on TV, but the least you could do is work the schedules so you don't need to drop the game as soon as it's over. Very frustrating.

8. HTilkowsky

HTilkowsky New Member

May 17, 2016
    NBC Sports has Saltwater Experience, Bass2Billfish, Saltwater Fishing, Destination Baja Sur, Exyreme Kayak Fishing Challenge, Mecum Auto Auctions.

They aren't showing EPL games from the weekend during the week.

They are showing other things.

Live might be good for you but not everyone can watch things live all the time. That is what DVR 's are for.

9. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    JayRockers! and HomietheClown repped this.
  10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    People laughed years ago when "Oliver" mentioned that American football could be on BEIN.

11. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    So many jokes to insert here but in reality there could be Saturdays this fall that Real Madrid or Juventus or anyone else may not be shown live in order to show Middle Tennessee State football. I'm dying to find out if these will be night games or if they have to take anything offered to them.

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think what could be funnier is having George D Metellus and Ray Hudson calling the action from Tennessee.
    "Magisterial Field Goal!"

13. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Schapes3 ?

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  14. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Conference USA teams (and Americans in general) have some fans who don't get and/or haven't heard of beIN. TV does dictate some college football start times. My favorite team, Florida State, has its start times determined one week at a time.

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Night games should be the Focus on TV and the day games should be filler programming on connect and latenight.

16. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Fluctuates team-by-team but not much by network. For example, FSU might play Sat afternoon, night, Thurs night -- but they're fitting in to ESPN and ABC predetermined time slots based on watch-ability. I bet beIN will try to program a Thursday night or Saturday night slot for CUSA and the team schedules will fit in to that, not vice-versa. Similar to what beIN is doing with NASL.

17. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    At least with the ACC contract, there can be uncertainty whether a game will ultimately be on a regional sports network (Raycom) or espn network or even espn on abc that can be a divided map for the country.

18. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yep, but those networks all (generally) have their times set. ESPN Thursday night, Raycom Noon Saturday, ESPNU Sat evening, ABC 3:30 Saturday and ESPN night games. Sometimes an ESPN/2/ABC Sat night game.

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am also a huge college football fanatic so I looked up the best Non Conference match-up to see which one would probably get the best ratings for the Network. The best one I saw was Louisville-Marshall on Sept. 24th. Not the greatest clash but not that bad either. Unfortunately for BEIN Alabama, LSU, Miami, all are on the road for the conference (As expected) and will be on ESPN/SEC Networks more than likely.

As for actual Conference games Western Kentucky and Louisiana Tech seems to be rated the best game of the conference. Pretty much a yawn for most casual fans (or even fanatics like me).

20. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Bein is not getting big games. The article says that the contract was signed with 4 networks with Bein being last of the 4. This probably means they are last on the picking order and getting the games passed on by other networks, which may also have exclusive time windows. This means "bad" teams with limited iinfluence by Bein on game times. But then, maybe it's all set in the contract so it won't overlap with soccer.

21. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    There are 4 networks that will share Conference USA games and it seems that beIN has the 4th choice. They really won't have much flexibility as to what games they get but they certainly won't be the top matchups.

Overall, this is good long-term news for the network but bad short-term news for soccer fans. The ultimate goal for beINSports at this juncture is to get on a lower tier (more basic) of their providers. Lower tiers mean more households than getting on more providers (as beIN is pretty much on all the main providers). Also important to get their HD signal on the few providers that still don't offer that. This will secure the channel long term.

As for the negative impact, its obvious - the more non-soccer sports they show the less soccer we will get. The live coverage has already suffered slightly by the addition of motorcross sports but what will be affected by these latest changes is delayed broadcasts of matches during the week. La Liga will always be a mainstay for the Spanish-language channel but I think less Ligue-1 and Serie A is in store. Of course, this can be negated by offering the matches via streaming. While they have had some good improvements on the "Connect" side, it still needs some refining and definitely needs the additional of an on-demand feature.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

22. Real Macao

Real Macao Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Ideally, bein would add more "international sports" like golf, tennis, rugby, cricket, F1, Olympic sports, horse racing, etc to augment its soccer coverage. Unfortunately for them, in the US, many of those rights are already held by others.

23. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Right. The college basketball and football games will have a hard-start time and fluid end time. No overlap with soccer at all. The CUSA games will utilize all the time they need. BeIN will have to program around it.

Thx,

Jay!

24. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the CUSA games start at 7:00 P.M. or later, they may conflict with the NASL, but they won't conflict with European clubs even if the CUSA games take 5 hours. The earlier but not too early start times is why I like the EPL's start times better. The last Saturday EPL game starts at 12:30 P.M. and the last Saturday La Liga game starts at 4:05 P.M.

25. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    BeIN usually runs late La Liga and Serie A games 12-4 (and later). College football and basketball will fall in those time slots.

Thx,

Jay!