BeInSports 2015-2016 Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SirFozzie, Aug 8, 2015.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    If it means not giving me the scare of probable PPV CONMEBOL qualifiers I say show me the motorcycles every weekend. :p

2. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Motorsport is a great choice to expand. With Speed disappearing, several major European-based championships are without live broadcasters in the United States.

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That may justify why they need to show Moto GP on one channel, not both channels. You don't see NBC showing Formula One instead of EPL, they show it in addition to it.

NaBUru38 repped this.
  4. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Completely agree. I'm one who complains when even Real Madrid and Barcelona are on both channels!!

But having said that, Moto GP is a new product and they want to promote it now in the beginning as much as possible. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for this week. But this week only...

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

5. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is fine

6. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    So for the Moto GP races on Sunday, beIN channels saw 30,000-39,000 average viewers and then a spike to 54,000 in the 3pm hour for the final race on beIN-1.

As comparison, the Milan v Juventus match had 82,000 viewers on beIN-1 on Saturday and beIN-ñ had 537,000 viewers at the same time for Real Sociedad v Barcelona. Feel safe in saying that Moto GP is bringing about the same number of viewers (or slightly better) than non-marquee matchups from Serie A or any Ligue-1 live matches. Not sure what this says about the future....

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

Redbullsnation2012 and QPR Kevin H repped this.
  7. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
  8. FallOfFingolfin

Mar 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back when I still lived with my parents, they got the Sports Pack on DTV, so I had access to FSC as well as GolTV--in other words, I could watch La Liga and especially stuff like El Clasico when I wanted to.

Now that I'm on my own and with the rise of beIN, I haven't had access to La Liga at all. I don't think I can justify spending the $15 a month when I already have a lot of soccer to watch with NBC's bountiful Premier League coverage. I did just discover that DirecTV has a $5 a month "Deportes" package, which includes beIN en espanol.

1) It looks like I need to get a different dish to get the channels. Anyone know how much of a hassle/cost that is?

2) In general, what are the coverage differences between the two beIN channels. Do they often simulcast matches? If I only really want/need mostly Barca/Real/Atleti, think I'll be satisfied with the Spanish channel? I don't have as much interest in Serie A, so if that has less of a presence on the Spanish channel it's not a dealbreaker for me.

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    If all you want is Barca,Real and Atleti then you will be a very happy man with just the Spanish feed.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, Spanish BeIN certainly sounds like it would be enough for you. Only time you may lose out is for the final 2 jornadas of the season when Barca, Madrid and Atleti can all play at the same time. But that's definitely not a deal breaker.

11. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    You should not need a new dish. You will simply need a new lnb on the existing dish. There are exceptions when the dish is extremely old but if it was installed in the last 10-12 years, it will be able to accommodate a new lnb. I had it done a couple of years ago and if I'm not mistaken, there wasn't even a charge. The installer will need access to your dish and then your receiver to program in the switch that regulates the lnbs on your dish.

As far as programming, Homie and Boca are absolutely right. beIN-ñ is the home for La Liga so if that is your preferred league, you will be happy with the Deportes package. It also gives you ESPN Deportes and Fox Deportes which truly round up your Champions League viewing. Of course, there is also TyCSports and GOL-TV.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  12. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Here's something: I was sitting down to watch some beIN3 and decided to send it to my TV from my laptop via a HDMI cable. Through the beIN player I got an error message like my HDMI cable didn't support the correct HCMP stuff and was denied. Anyone have a clue what that might be? I tried to take a screen shot of it but I failed.

Thx,

Jay!

13. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    I occasionally get a HDCP Protocol error when using beINConnect. Is this the same thing?? Its a pain in the butt but usually just unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in does the trick. Here is a good article on what HDCP Protocol is and an easy solution if it continues...

http://www.howtogeek.com/208917/htg-explains-how-hdcp-breaks-your-hdtv-and-how-to-fix-it/

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

Redbullsnation2012 and JayRockers! repped this.
  14. Schapes2

Schapes2 New Member

May 3, 2016
    What kind of bothers me about BeIN is the breaking into Seria A and La Liga games showing highlights of other games.

Doesn't seem to be a problem with Ligue 1.

Kind of difficult if you are trying to watch all of the games being televised.

15. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Guess who's back. :rolleyes:

Not every one is watching multiple games at one time. The NFL does the same thing. The MLB does the same thing. This is not a new concept.

16. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    LOL

BocaFan, Redbullsnation2012 and bigtw64 repped this.
  17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    You must be confusing him with someone else (rangers00?). Schapes doesn't do parallel watching, he does sequential. Meaning he doesn't get through the weekend's matches until after the Thursday morning harvest. :)

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  18. Schapes2

Schapes2 New Member

May 3, 2016
    I don't watch them at the same time. I want to watch them in their entirety.

If I know the score towards the end of the game - why bother watching the whole thing.

So that game gets deleted from the DVR and I don't watch it.

People don't typically watch multiple NFL games that have been going on at the same time.

Soccer is different.

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Once again...

...if you are like Schapes and don't like spoilers, you might as well just delete the Madrid match tonight. :p

20. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    During Barcelona game they also showed every single goal from all the games. Your only option is to buy another 3 tvs or tablets and watch all of the DVR-ed games simultaneously...;)

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Sounds like a party to me.

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Actually I watched the 3 games that impacted the title race on 3 different screens and it still didn't work-out too well. The broadcast of the Real Madrid match was a good 60-90 seconds delayed so when someone scored it would be shown on the screen with the Barca match before you actually saw the goal "live" on the screen showing the Madrid match. :laugh:

EvanJ repped this.
  23. Schapes2

Schapes2 New Member

May 3, 2016
    #673 Schapes2, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
    Watching PSG vs Ajaccio and they are showing highlights of Lyon Monaco.

Why?

I was going to watch Lyon/Monaco but no reason to now.

So they are driving down the number of people watching other game.

I guess it is to appease the ADD generation who can't focus on just one thing?

If people want to know the scores of other games - they can use the Internet.

24. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    But what if they drive up the audience for the live event augmented with highlights from other matches. More bang for your 90 minute buck? Sports on TV, unlike other programming, is ALL about live. Recorded games are only there because there's nothing else to fill the time.

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not if they're watching the PSG match on DVR/delay. You're assuming people are watching everything live, which is ironic for someone who watches alot of things on 3/4-day delay.:oops: