BeInSports 2015-2016 Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SirFozzie, Aug 8, 2015.

1. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Since we were close to 3K posts on the last thread, time to start a new one.

BeIn Sports Major Soccer Properties:

La Liga
    Serie A
    Ligue 1
    English Championship

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Here comes the first complaint on this new thread:

I wanted to watch the Marseille/Caen match on beinconnect. The game was listed on just about TV schedule source I know: livesoccertv, Soccer America.

I went on the BC website at about 255: nothing. Only the Nice/Monaco match and Valencia/Roma friendly listed. Waited until after 3 to see if maybe this game would show and nothing.

Any ideas? Wdf?

@socceraction

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They didn't even have the SuperCoppa Italia this morning.

5. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was mad about that. Maybe they didnt get the rights ironed out (which is what I heard). But if thats the case someone like NGSN could have swooped in because it would only cost $1 plus transmission. Especially because of all theese meaningless friendlies being broadcast.

6. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's the confirmation that these are currently BeIN properties? With regard to La Liga, there has been daily news all over the world of different rights deals (including an interesting one this week in the UK of Sky retaining La Liga, snatching the rights right under BT's nose. But no news (so far) with regard to the USA. If BeIN was the only one bidding wouldn't this have been sewn up by now?

With regard to Italy, also no confirmation. Is supercoppa part of the same rights package? Especially if so, its absence this morning was telling.

Perhaps BeIN has learned that it doesn't have room for so many properties and is waiting on the la liga rights before deciding whether it renews serie a?

annoyingracoon01 repped this.
  7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well, bein has advertised the start to both La Liga and Serie for 2015-16, so I would be shocked if it didn't have the rights to both or either.

annoyingracoon01 and HomietheClown repped this.
  8. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Why the Supercoppa was not televised is anybody's guess. Perhaps it is part of the Coppa Italia (TIM Cup) package, which would have nothing to do with beIN having Serie A rights. Perhaps the Cup rights have not yet been ironed out.

In any event, the rights pacakges vary from country to country. For example, ESPN will be carrying the Spanish Supercup this coming Friday and Monday, which may or may not have been bundled with the Copa Del Rey final. England's version of the Supercup, the Community Shield, is bundled with the FA Cup package. On the other hand, the German Supercup comes along with the Bundesliga contract, otherwise ESPN, who has the DFB Pokal would have had rights to that match.

9. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Shocked"? I tend to agree, but based upon the consistent level of incompetence we've seen from them over the years, it's possible that they are putting the cart before the horse here.

10. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
  11. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yay can't wait for Gino Fuentes and Matteo Bonetti!:(

Redbullsnation2012 and Art Deco repped this.
  12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Not much of a surprise.

13. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ehhh so I guess this will be the last weekend of quality Ligue1 coverage.

14. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only "quality" coverage from Bein was when the Doha gang was in town for copa anerica.

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Who makes up that "gang"?

16. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Did not enjoy the espanol coverage by those annoucners if that was the case. Did a horrible job with national teams not named Chile, Brasil and Argentina.

17. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Richard Keys, Andy Gray, Angus Scott and the other people bein brought in for copa america

18. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's difficult to convince Gray and Keys to do any game other than Stoke-Blackburn.

19. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct. At least for the time being.

20. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I totally forgot about the FuboTV app so I guess I don't need it anyway.

21. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The FuboTV app only lets you see what's shown on the linear channels. You don't get access to the overflow games that are shown live on beinsportsconnect.tv. In the email I got from Fubo yesterday, they promised new stuff, so it would be nice for people (not me, since I get BeIN on DirecTV) if access to BeIN Sports Connect is one of these things.

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    As I mentioned in the other thread St. Louis just announced on the Express Exra that BEIN has La Liga rights for the next 5 seasons.

So let the hating, complaining and crying commence.:D

23. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Bein going to invest in more talent since Ian Joy is leaving? I don't want Gino Fuentes and Matteo Bonetti making my ears bleed.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  24. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm actual satisfied with the La Liga coverage. My wish for someone else to take the rights was more so they could then focus on Serie A, to better that coverage. (Since I think there would be interest in la Liga but not serie a). In my ideal scenario someone else would have gotten la Liga and BeIN espanol would have become BeIN 2, and Ligue 1, serie A and the championship would have gotten decent coverage. More likely, especially given the distribution deals and the tier BeIN espanol is on is that losing la Liga would have simply killed that channel and there would only be BeIN English to carry these properties. Of course given the insistence on playing Madrid and Barca on the English Channel even this would have been an improvement.

In any case, if BeIN can improve their online product, offering more than 5 simultaneous streams, offering an actual app, squelching the bugs, and offering on demand that would go a long way towards addressing my concerns.

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Agreed.

It would be nice to see an app reminiscent of NBC's and ESPN's for Android, IOS, Windows 10 etc.