Being on a good team vs. individual development

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by oneheadertoomany, Jul 1, 2008.

1. SoCalSun

SoCalSun Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 18, 2004
    Southern California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    National League standings seem to say something different re: CFC...give it a rest!
    http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/national_league/gamecenter.asp?SEASON=2008&AGE_GROUP=G-U16

2. socsocluv

socsocluv New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Solon
  3. SoCalSun

SoCalSun Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 18, 2004
    Southern California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that you should sense that, how would you explain it? (My daughter's team hasn't played CFC yet and I haven't seen them play,so I have nothing to base my opinions on, especially my jealously. I am mostly reacting to your irrational reaction to the Eclipse team.) I also don't understand what your comment meant. I should have been more direct in my comment/question...wth did you mean?

4. Stinky Shinguards

Jul 8, 2006
    IL, Chicago suburb
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

SSL (short sighted loser, rather socsocluv),

Not far off from preseason predictions. Hopefully CFC will get at least one win to surpass low expectations. Definitely nowhere near your boasting predictions of complete domination.:confused: Will CFC get to Region II regionals this year?

Love,
    Stinky

5. socsocluv

socsocluv New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Solon
    As it stands, this is just another tournament. CFC obviously didn't do as well as they could/should have, but do they need to peak right now? You and I both know that state cup/regionals/nationals is the only tournaments that matter, and CFC doesn't need to do well until June and July. And if you don't remember, they ended your season last year. Come back and talk to me when July comes around and your sitting at home or watching Nationals from the sidelines. So you can show me all the brackets and rankings you want from national league and other tournaments, and I'll just remind you who the better team is by showing you the only statistic that matters...

6. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Your comment is part of the youth problem. Win Win Win. The ONLY tournaments that MATTER? Ah, I thought the training is what mattered the most?? You just keep putting your foot in your mouth. Your cred is totally blown. And now your sitting here telling us how important winning is. You want to always put down a certain club and team, but what makes your club and team any different if this is they only thing that matters??

7. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Please keep this thread Subject related. Thank you.

8. socsocluv

socsocluv New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Solon
    this is the only tournament that matters in the fact that the training and work put into the teams all year is shown as they all compete for the national title. It will be hard to do anything if you don't train your teams, as will show.

9. SoCalSun

SoCalSun Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 18, 2004
    Southern California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer America's Top 30 Youth Clubs:

Best Girls Clubs
    1. Dallas Texans* North Texas
    2. Eclipse Select* Illinois
    3. So Cal Blues* California South
    4. Slammers FC* California South
    5. Sting SC* North Texas
    6. Players Development Academy New Jersey
    7. McLean Premier Soccer* Virginia
    8. Colorado Rush* Colorado
    9. Force FC* Michigan
    10. San Juan SC* California North
    11. Albertson SC Eastern New York
    12. San Diego Surf California South
    13. Carmel United* Indiana
    14. Scorpions SC Massachusetts
    15. Real Colorado* Colorado
    16. Michigan Hawks Michigan
    17. Eagles SC* California South
    18. FC Pennsylvania Strikers Eastern Pennsylvania
    19. FC Stars of Massachusetts Massachusetts
    20. Real So Cal California South
    21. Pleasanton Rage California North
    22. Crossfire Premier Georgia
    23. Irvine SC Strikers California South
    24. Internationals SC Ohio
    25. Challenge SC South Texas
    26. Lonestar SC South Texas
    27. Mustang Soccer California North
    28. Bethesda SC Maryland
    29. Vardar SC Michigan
    30. D'Feeters North Texas

Where is that Ohio team? I see the Eclipse at the top (#2)!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

10. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Remember, the Eclipse play boom ball, long ball, whatever he calls it:confused:. Its funny thou, there are a host of Eclipse players at Natl Camp right now in LA:p, I wonder where these players were getting their secret coaching from?? SocSocHater, maybe you can enlighten us:eek:??

11. socsocluv

socsocluv New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Solon
    Are you part of Eclipse? And is this SoCal guy? Looks like he is just trying to justify his teams losses, but these rankings mean nothing! Eclipse is 100% political, in issues like this, but also inside there club. The things that go on on in this club are unbelievable, and the parents are blinded by the way their girls are being handled. I don't like the things that go on there, and I don't care what there "ranking" is; I am very surprised that other people don't see it too. Very sketchy things go on there, and the parents pretend to not know who they are trusting their daughters with. (BTW, I never was trying to tell everyone that CFC was the best club out there, I never said a word about any other age group. All I said was that the u16 CFC team was a team to watch, so before you start arguing with me, maybe get your story straight).

12. Stinky Shinguards

Jul 8, 2006
    IL, Chicago suburb
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nuff said. You asked us to watch this team, we have.... We marked your words... You have repeatedly made yourself look stupid with no credibility nor class...

13. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Please keep personal characterizations out of your posts. Thanks.

14. SoCalSun

SoCalSun Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 18, 2004
    Southern California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What losses? Don't try to attack until you know something, which shouldn't be too difficult. We will be watching CFC next March in Vegas. Will you be watching also?
    I guess before we go too much further with this "discussion" we should probably move it off to PM's, carrying on with this Mod in attendance will get us all yellow carded.

15. socsocluv

socsocluv New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Solon
    Or redcarded, if your from Eclipse.

16. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I'm a bit surprised to see the Surf so low. It's been a few years since my girls played Club ball but they were consistently near the top during that time. Of course, their White teams would go up the Interstate and play in the Coast league with the SoCal Blues, Slammers, etc... Their Blue and Gold teams would stay in San Diego and play in the underdeveloped Presidio League. It may be better now 5 years on but I don't know for sure.

17. SoCalSun

SoCalSun Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 18, 2004
    Southern California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surf is still a good club, but they have withdrawn (or been excluded from) from CSL Premier and have concentrated on SD county. A number of their prospects are now on the teams you mentioned, driving 40 to 60 miles to practices.

18. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Really? Times have changed indeed. I haven't really followed the local scene since my girls got too old. My oldest ended up playing for an NAIA school which happened to be just two miles from my work:). She tore her ACL in pre-season before her senior year so that kinda sucked. My youngest is going to the same school but really didn't want to play for that coach....but they got rid of him a couple of years ago and the new coach is putting the hard press on her to play as a walk-on. We'll see.

19. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    So why are the Surf girls leaving the club to go to the other clubs out of town?? Has the coaching changed?? Travel? I can remember back in the late 90's, it was all about Surf.

20. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I don't know for sure, but as I said previously, the Presidio league, with all due respects, is underdeveloped. Serious players know that most scouting is happening at Coast League games so they may go there. There are other ways to get noticed but most of the action is happening at the Premier level games in the Coast League.

21. SoCalSun

SoCalSun Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 18, 2004
    Southern California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't mean to imply that they were leaving Surf, just that players you would expect to be playing for them are now playing for other south OC teams. Come to think of it, though there at least 4 ex-Surf girls on the Slammers U16 team.

22. oneheadertoomany

Feb 15, 2008
    UPDATE: To get things back to where they started...My U11 dd transfered to the local mega-club a few weeks ago. So far her skills, speed and effort compare very favorably to the girls already there. The question will be regarding her size. She's tiny (but tough), and this club has a reputation for favoring size. I will say, however, that from the training sessions I've seen they work a lot on skill and I think the days of "boof ball" to quote these boards are numbered at this club. Though it is always a matter of matching the style to your personnel, I think the younger teams at this club will be more technical than the older teams have been.

23. SoCalSun

SoCalSun Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 18, 2004
    Southern California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops!!!
    Sorry.

24. oneheadertoomany

Feb 15, 2008
    No sweat. It's been a fun discussion, especially since it involved the older teams on the club my young daughter just moved to.

25. Stinky Shinguards

Jul 8, 2006
    IL, Chicago suburb
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One Header Too Many,
    Just wait until your daughter's team starts becoming successful and getting results:eek:... The haters then don't have anything to say except calling the style "boof" ball. In reality, the club plays more of an EPL style than Argentinian or Brazilian style. If it works for Man U., UNC women's, US Women's, and Eclipse than it must not be all bad. It's good that you are basing your decision on your own experiences and not from what some faceless (thank god) hater writes on these. Good luck to your daughter and you will see that you probably made the right decision. Their achievements, successes of their teams and players speak for themselves.