BEIN Sports cont..

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Cantona, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galactico 2.0

Galactico 2.0 Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Being in the Comcast Forum for the last week, I'm aware of your Chicago HD problem. Many of the now probed wrong naysayers came from there. Well, have you guys considered that maybe you haven't done with homework with the numbers and passion that is needed?!?

Your 1 million Mexicans are of no use if THEY don't think watching in HD is such a big deal. I don't think the rollover with BEIN would have any similarity with the FSC HD issue. One is a pressing issue, the other a luxury that concerns fewer people than you think....

2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would imagine Univision Deportes 1 and 2; Azteca America and ESPN Deportes in HD is a higher priority for Mexican fans than FSC.

Clenbuterol repped this.
  3. jafo1972

jafo1972 Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I guess you don't want FSC in HD. Ok.

4. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but it appears BEIN has the rights to Europa League matches.

Red Star Belgrade vs. Bordeaux is on right now...

5. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL

6. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Ah, got lost in all the monotony and women's fashion posts.

Thank you.

Falc repped this.
  7. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Confirmation for Comcast customers! I hope other cable providers will follow the same platforms for beIN access "Live matches on beIN networks, along with additional live matches, will also be available to authenticated... TV customers via on demand,online and mobile TV platforms."

I don't like the beIN availability will vary by market stipulation though( which many of you have been mentioning), I hope it is only a Comcast thing.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/comcast-carry-bein-sport-america-183000320.html
    Comcast to Carry beIN SPORT, America’s Only 24-Hour International Sports Network
    Xfinity TV Customers to Receive Network on TV, On Demand, Online and on Mobile Devices
    Press Release: beIN SPORT – 1 hour 23 minutes ago
    MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
    beIN SPORT, the new independent 24-hour global network dedicated to live and exclusive coverage of the world’s best international sports, today announced it will be carried on Xfinity TV by Comcast, one of the nation’s leading providers of entertainment, information, and communications products and services.
    Among the exciting sports programming that Xfinity TV customers can only find on beIN SPORT is coverage of all the top soccer leagues and tournaments from Europe and South America, including games from Spain’s La Liga, Italy’s Serie A, France’s Ligue 1, South American World Cup Qualifiers and Copa America 2015. The network will also carry the away games for the U.S. men’s national soccer team in the qualifying rounds of the 2014 World Cup.
    Adding to Comcast’s leadership in offering the most live sports on television and online, beIN SPORT will be available in Spanish on the Xfinity TV MultiLatino Package and in English on the Xfinity TV Sports Entertainment Package. Availability of both channels will vary by market. In addition to its linear TV networks, select beIN SPORT content will be available on demand via Comcast’s Xfinity On Demand platform. Live matches carried on beIN SPORT’s linear networks, along with additional live matches, will also be available to authenticated Comcast Xfinity TV customers via Comcast’s online and mobile TV Everywhere platforms.
    “beIN SPORT lets viewers be in the game and feel they can be in the international sports community. This is original and exclusive programming fans are clamoring for on one destination channel,” said Yousef Al Obaidly, managing director of beIN SPORT. “We have more live games from each league that are exclusive to our network than any other content provider. Once Comcast’s Xfinity TV customers experience beIN SPORT, we know they will be thrilled with the electrifying stars and unmatched play of international competition.”

8. SYoshonis

SYoshonis Member+

Jun 8, 2000
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grant Wahl, soccer writer for Sports Illustrated.

Galactico 2.0 repped this.
  9. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Uverse customer rep told me that it will be in 10.oo Sport Package. He didn't give me a time frame but it wouldn't be too long of a wait.