beIN Sports 2019-2020

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jul 8, 2019.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #51 HomietheClown, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Solo is a sight for sore eyes.

I don't know if she is any good as a analyst though cause I am watching it on my phone on mute but aesthetically she has been a nice addition so far. ;)

2. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Just don't make her angry. Don't ever, ever make her angry... ;)

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Oh, I can handle her angry.
    But will stop there.

Redbullsnation2012 and socceraction repped this.
  4. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Anyone have any technical issues with Atletico v Getafe feed on Connect 6 yesterday during second half? It was artifacting a lot and cutting in and out(more a satellite feed problem than buffering or anything). Switched over to Espanol feed and it was fine.

5. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now I'm listening to Gary Bailey doing the color commentary for the DCU-NYRB match. And I must say he's really quite good. I like him better in this role than in his studio analyst role. Does he do match commentary much on BeIN? I wouldn't really know.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  6. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Occasionally, he does.

7. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should do more IMHO

8. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Hurricane-to-be Dorian is forecast to threaten the eastern Florida coast this weekend, so we may end up with the world feed announcers on BeIN's weekend slate of games.

Also, anyone know what's up with SA? Some of the league pages (Germany, Spain) on his site haven't updated in two weeks and his Twitter account was suspended.

Redbullsnation2012 and unclesox repped this.
  9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has England's TV schedule through the end of September, so it's not like he hasn't done anything recently.

@socceraction

Are you okay?

10. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Anyone here watch matches on beIN Connect on Sling? The last couple of weeks they've been getting more and more pixelated and this Lyon-Nantes match from Saturday is almost unwatchable as a result. Also wondering if anyone watching Connect on Fubo is having the same issue, whether it's a beIN or Sling thing.

11. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Xtra just popped up on my DVR's ToDo list after a REALLY long hiatus. Starting back up 10/12 or thereabouts.

Expect big changes in format/personnel I suppose.

12. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Haven't gotten beIN 6 to work at all today. And that's where they've put all the live Ligue 1 matches :devilish:

13. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well… that was a small tease. No Xtra shows aired AFAIK.

Either my DVR guide got it wrong, or BeIN changed their minds.

Oh well, no big loss I guess.

Except that, without SkySports News, which shows up on most (though not quite all) weekdays, are there any other English-language TV-based daily soccer news shows which cover Euro leagues (expec.EPL) as well as MLS, etc?

14. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Is "The Soccer Xtra" different? Just a post-match show?

https://tv.verizon.com/watch/channe...0-SH032739650000-1571094000000-1571095800000/

15. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The link above (which may not work if you're not logged in to FIOS) is from my guide.

[​IMG]

Looks like the next one is 5pm Saturday. Warning: this is the show that Hope Solo tends to pop up on :eek:

17. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I now see that indeed there are 2 new Soccer Xtra's coming up on Sat & Sun at 5pm. But nothing before or after that. Hmm.

And point taken about Hope Solo. You may recall I'm not a fan of her as a pundit, or in fact any time she opens her mouth off the field.

Expectations for this show are about as low as it goes. ;)

18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #68 Kryptonite, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    So who the heck gets beIN? I'm sure my Google-fu could be better, but it appears it's not on anything owned by AT&T, nor is on Comcast.

And I'm currently friendly-debating someone who thinks MLS to beIN would have been a good thing for the league. According to them, tons of people know where beIN is on their lineup and would have been better than the "hodgepodge" of FS1 and ESPN. Oh, and the kicker? MLS Cup on ABC could be bumped to ESPN for whatever reason, including if LAFC fails to advance.

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #69 HomietheClown, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    For the very few of us with Dish formerly known as Dish Network...

...I just noticed that Dish Anywhere apps now have the bEIN Sports Connect channels live streams available. :thumbsup:

It is not as good as SlingTV since you cannot DVR them but it is a good alternative to using the bEIN Website and apps which in the past were unreliable at times. IT is also a good alternative for people who have Amazon Fire sticks with the Dish anywhere app who want to watch those streams on TV.

20. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I still get it on Fios. I haven't actually watched it in months, but it's still in the guide. If it's no longer on Directv, then it's gotta be headed for the dustbin.

sitruc repped this.
  21. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get 2 BeIN channels on my Cablevision/Optimum in NYC area. I also believe that TimeWarner/Spectrum carries it. If you're a LaLiga fan, it would be pretty instrumental I figure. Or League Un, or Comnebol cups, or a few others that they have rights to.

22. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I figured. If you're a sports bar, you probably have DirecTV as your #1 provider. If you're a tiny, rinky-dink bar, maybe your local cable provider would suffice...but either way, if you're a channel owner especially of a sports channel, DirecTV is a must-have, primarily due to access to those bars.

Or at least I would think so.

23. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    OK, I've seen someone here mention it in passing, but seriously what is up with soccertvblog's website and twitter account getting turfed?

24. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Wondering myself, no posts here since 8/25, though profile page says account was active here 16 minutes ago. It is a shame what’s become of the site.

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And an update...
    ..Dish has added five bEIN Connect Stream Channels to the program guide in the 859 Group of channels. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Dish is now the absolute best service provider when it comes to Spanish, French, Turkish and Copa Libertadores Futbol. You can now watch any game you want on your television without even having to go to a computer or digital platform/ streaming device.