beIN Sports 2018-2019

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Reality sometimes is funny. And we have gone over this before, the French League does not bring an any numbers. Even when the big teams are playing.
    The thing I was most laughing about was the opportunities part of the post. I can logically see why they are not putting a relegation battle on as a priority.

Redbullsnation2012 and bselig repped this.
  2. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Redbullsnation2012 and Art Deco repped this.
  3. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Its the 5th biggest league in the world. I don’t think anyone is disputing the fact that they probably don’t get super high ratings.However bein owns the rights to the league so why not show more matches from them especially when the other league’s seasons are already over.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  4. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks! I sent them a polite email regarding the situation, and I plan to tune in Friday afternoon to see if any of the relegation matches end up being carried as it's not like their Connect schedule hasn't been inaccurate before.

5. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    OK, I got back a "we'll pass this on" response to my email, hit up Phil Schoen on Twitter (who also said he'd pass it on) and started a one-man vigil outside beIN headquarters with my "FRENCH RELEGATION NOW!" sign*, so I've done all I can do on my end.

*I may not have done one of these things

6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could care less about Ligue 1 relegation battle, but I quickly repped your post. :laugh: and respect.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Nevertheless, FOX showed the the promotion playoff in Germany and ESPN+ showed the freakin' Europa League playoffs in the Eredivsie!

Just goes to show that if you are a fan of a league that isn't as popular as EPL or La Liga than you better hope that ESPN picks-up the rights to show it. Or as a second option, FOX. BeIN is a distant last.

8. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the same time ESPN has not shown any of the Dutch relegation playoffs, so even in ESPN’s case they’re presumably limited to what’s offered to them.

9. Gyro62

Gyro62 Member

Jan 1, 2017
    In my case I'm a World Football fan, I just want to watch a "good game", don't really care what country or if it has a big audience, if using logic you are only interested in the popular no one would go to Theaters, Museums, listen to all kinds of music and be interested in all cultures.

10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Even if Rennes and Lille have more fans than clubs in meaningful games, the games are more important to fans of the clubs in meaningful games. It's like an example I read about if 60 percent of people vote against a park being built and the majority wins, the park won't be built. The author said that if the 40 percent in favor will use the park (or have their kids use the park), the park matters more to them than people who don't want the park but won't be hurt if it is built. For example, if the 60 percent place an average value of -x, and the 40 percent place an average value of 3x, the sum will be -0.6x+.4(3x) = -0.6x+1.2x = 0.6x, which is positive.

11. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    This is an impressive level of discussion devoted to watching whether Caen or Amiens get relegated today, ha.

12. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    The Caen and Amiens matches are being shown live in France on beINSports (temporary channels called MAX5 and MAX7 for the respective matches). So I can confirm that availability of the matches is not the issue.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

Redbullsnation2012 and Art Deco repped this.
  13. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I just find it really absurd when people are like “lolz who would want to watch that?”. It’s a Friday evening on Bein, what kind of options do they have in terms of programming? Each network only has a certain amount of choices. They’re not choosing between the Super Bowl and a Ligue 1 relegation match. It’s either that or Keys and Gray!

14. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I pray that Espn+ picks up Ligue 1 next season. Their coverage of Serie A has been outstanding. Every match every round. Can’t beat that. Oh and highly qualified commentators not Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Interns on the Mic from Miami.

BocaFan, Redbullsnation2012 and Art Deco repped this.
  15. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    I was actually going to come back here to defend beIN and state that just because they are showing the match in France does not mean that the matches are necessarily being made available for Int'l distribution. Well, forget that because I see that both matches are being shown live on BTSport-1 & 2 respectively in the UK.

Back to your deserved gripes...

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

BocaFan, Redbullsnation2012 and Art Deco repped this.
  16. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Just received an updated version of beIN's schedule and while there are no changes to today's lineup of matches, they will have live coverage of the playoff on June 2nd between the 18th Placed Ligue-1 team and the winner of the Ligue-2 playoff. It will be on Connect-5.

To paraphrase Bill Murray (Caddyshack): "We got that going for us"

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

17. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It will definitely be on connect. They’re just inept and don’t update their schedule. Just click on the “connect with an associate” messenger link and ask them using the most vile language possible.

18. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The funny (i guess) part is that is the 2nd leg. The 1st leg is thurs 5/30. I’ll guarantee you they don’t know that

socceraction repped this.
  19. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Sorry I missed that. It is listed. It will be on Connect-4 on May 30th. So, yes - both legs of the playoff will be on Connect!

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

20. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well that’s a massive surprise

21. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Just ran through the Connect channels and all the matches appear to be the ones that they scheduled, so it's time to find some dodgy streams. Thanks for nothing, beIN.

I'm not going to watch PSG game on the main channel so I don't know if beIN is using in-house announcers or how awkward it's going to be when and if they mention the relegation race and aren't able to say "you can watch that on Connect 5" or whatever.

Redbullsnation2012 and daniloni repped this.
  22. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On tonight's Xtra they announced that this was the last show for the summer. And that if you want to watch a daily show from them, you have to watch something called Burst on Facebook Live?

And in the next breath, they highlighted how many big football tournaments are going on this summer

One can only wonder if Xtra, or anything else like it, will ever be shown again on BeIN TV.

bigtw64 and Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  23. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Classic Bein Sport, they are showing this summers Toulon tournament which used to be 80 minute matches. This season it is 90 minutes. Dvring nightmare as they didn’t allot enough time for each match to be shown in full. 3 matchdays in and they (I think) adjusted their schedule to allow for a 90 min match. Clueless. This is their business and they don’t know anything about it.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That is why I always extend my DVR recording times by at least 15 minutes as a default on my Dish Hopper.
    You never know what is going to happen.

25. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just subscribed to a package that has BeIn (got it for Willow for the Cricket World Cup) and I can't find an on demand full games/races section on Connect. Am I missing something?