Behind the Badge: Reserves Kickoff (Scrimmage vs. Northern Virginia)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Zman Gunner, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Zman Gunner

Zman Gunner BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 7, 2003
    Middletown, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://dcunited.mlsnet.com/MLS/news...ent_id=57275&vkey=news_dcu&fext=.jsp&team=dcu

In preparation for Sunday's Reserve Division opener against Dallas, DCU gets a 4-0 win over the Royals - no mention of whether ex-DCU G.R. Cannon is still playing with the Royals now that they dropped from USL 2nd Division to PDL. Although the Royals' competitive level is much lower than MLS, it is still good to see Filomeno scoring after not really coming close in the first three regular season games. Plus, Namoff also gets some decent minutes.

Scoring summary:
    DC: Nickell (Simms) 20
    DC: Dyachenko 43
    DC: Filomeno (J. Carroll) 51
    DC: Filomeno (Metcalf) 60

United lineup: McIntosh; Namoff (Wilson 54), McTavish, J. Carroll; Mediate, Simms, Nickell (Metcalf 54), Dyachenko, deRoux; Walker (Nickell 65), Filomeno

2. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that Justin Moose is not listed here at all. He wasn't on the travelling roster to Jersey, but I would have expected to see him here. He's not on the injury list at the DCU website. Anyone know what's up?

3. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    I'm confused - did Nickell go out and come in again? Even in scrimmages where they allow more than the typical number of subs I've never seen or heard of that before.

4. Real Mobile

Real Mobile Member

Sep 10, 2004
    I don't know what's up, but I've noticed that Moose was missing from the list of available subs for the last several weeks. He's probably getting a secret tryout with Bruce's boys. ;)

Seriously, I hope he's ok. He seems to have some promise.

5. Diceson

Diceson Member

Dec 21, 1999
    It might be a typo and that is where the mysterious Moose is found. Or, because it was an unofficial game, and the coaches all want to get a full practice in they bend the rules to allow for 11 v. 11.

In Bradenton it happened in every game for all the teams when a red card ejection occured - D'ko red card against RSL.

6. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va
    Those were my first thoughts too. Scary huh, Boosty :).

7. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd guess that young master Moose is back at school finishing up his degree, maybe? Otherwise, you'd think his absence would be noted somewhere......

8. Diceson

Diceson Member

Dec 21, 1999
    From the team this AM, "he's got a hamstring strain and will be back in action soon."

9. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, it should make him feel better that some fans were worried about him ;)

10. KyleSheldon

KyleSheldon New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Matt did go out and then back in yesterday - it was a pretty relaxed scrimmage in that regard. And yes, Moose tweaked his hamstring a bit. We expect him to be back on the field soon.

11. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.cityislanders.com/driver.aspx?topic=2006_0408

He played in at least one pre-season game for Harrisburg, but is not on their roster heading into this weekend's opener.