Begging Time

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But red is our color, isn't it?

2. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is "our?" They are not FCD shirts or Inferno shirts. They are 3rd Degree shirts.

I can show some images of what I had in mind if you want.

3. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but I hope the shirts are in either red & black or red & white colors, and not orange & teal, for instance.

After all, 3rdDegree is our "FC Dallas source".

That would be great. :)

4. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

5. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

6. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd buy one. :p

7. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The logo's awesome, but I don't like the quote. Mostly because I don't think someone who'd say soccer's boring is worthy of comment.

I think it's kind of a psychological thing that even if you're making fun of them or insulting them you're giving them forum indirectly. People will read that and at least subconsciously they will think: People say that soccer is boring.

8. jwedding

jwedding Member

Jul 21, 2003
    McKinney
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I'd like the front and back reversed, but that's just because large logos on the front making look like big belly. (Or something like that.) :eek:

9. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'd buy one for sure.

And the Dir quote is the bomb.

Good stuff.

10. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I'd buy one of those......damn right I would.

11. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cost update...

Taking the advice of some posters here I booked into the same hotel as the team. It's a hyatt one place and a Marriott the other. With excahnge rate that makes the costs up to $2000 just on hotel alone. I can get out of them and go super cheap, but would need to do that soon.

So with food and unforseason stuff like transportation etc I may need to hit $2500 to $3000. Right now I am sitting at $1000 in about two weeks of groveling.

12. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang. $1k is kind of weak. Sent in my benji a week ago. Thanks for all the good work.
    Come on people! Pay to play.
    G

13. FC Dallas

FC Dallas New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    I've setup an Auction site to help Buzz.

On the right you'll see a Pricing Information list of $1.00, $2.00, $3.00, $4.00 and $5.00 for listing options on items you choose to sell. All listing monies go directly into Buzz's Paypal account; so auction off a bunch of stuff you feel may be of value to others but you're not using anymore. Hell; auction your panties for all I care :eek:

When you click 'New Offer'; fill out the information required, including a photo (if you have one), and after you submit the Offer - a Paypal button will come up for you to pay for your listing. Clicking it will bring up a secure Paypal window with the option to pay by credit card, bank account or a Paypal account.

Please understand that it is the Buyers and Sellers responsibility for smooth transactions. Use the Memberlist to contact Buyers and Sellers. You must register to Buy and Sell.

http://promogoods.com/forum/auction_room.php?ar=1

Please take time to pass this info on to people you know that value great soccer coverage as much as we do. Thank you for participating!

14. Burn Fan

Burn Fan New Member

Nov 4, 2005
    DFW
    Put me down for 4 of those bad boys. man the Dave quote on the back is friggin awesome.....

15. FC Dallas

FC Dallas New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Auction support

After you create a New Offer on the auction site; you can copy the url of your offer and paste it here or anywhere you want it noticed.....like this:

http://promogoods.com/forum/auction_offer_view.php?ao=74

Thanks for participating!

BTW, it looks like we're going to do Buzz's shirts.....stay tuned to here and the auction site!

16. Chester_Spankington

Chester_Spankington New Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I think its cool that Buzz is able to do this preseason stuff. the last few years have been really informative, just wish the league was bigtime enough for televising the games at La Manga.

Are you going to England too Buzz?? Hadn't heard where in England either maybe you have some insight there

Nice thing about England is the ease of bringing in free tranfer players from the Premiership and 1st division

17. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "south of London" I don't recall the name of the area, sorta near gatwick. London/England is so small I don't think it matters really though. Essentailly they could be playing almost anyone inthe bottom half of England.

18. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've also made some items on cafepress.com and marked them up $5 apiece. I will donate ALL profits from these items ($5 per item) to Buzz.

This is the product design:
    [​IMG]

I have put it on t-shirts, mugs, etc. However, to keep things standard, I marked it up $5 across the board, so some things may be better deals than others.

I have tried to keep away from anything copyrighted while still making a cool design. Let me know if you have reason to believe I have stepped over some line. Order now and you should have it in plenty of time for the first Brimstone Cup match! Let's go Hoops!

EDIT:
    Oh yeah, here's the site:
    http://www.cafepress.com/dallasfanshop

19. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently, the Chicago Pyre have a whole thread about how the above design doesn't make sense. I didn't think it was that subtle, and I realize they are Chicago fans and all. But would it be better with underscores:
    "F_C_ Chicago"? Am I being stupid? Should I ignore their idiocy, take delight in it or what?

20. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well carap.

The linky on the link don't work for me.

:confused:

If the paypal link doesn't work, how's a girl supposed to help send Buzz on a European adventure?

21. hhaire

hhaire New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Mckinney,Tx
    oh Crap im sorry

22. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team: