before you go out and buy the iPod nano

Discussion in 'Technology' started by metro24freak, Sep 26, 2005.

1. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    And this, in a nutshell, is why so many people love the iPod.

2. Fleetwood Mac #1

Fleetwood Mac #1 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Queens, NY
    Good news for portable video player owners: CBS, NBC To Offer TV Shows For 99 Cents

The price is very good for those who don't want to spend time tivo'ing shows to video players or keep looking at the guide for a particular episode to be aired.

3. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good news? Did you read it?

4. Fleetwood Mac #1

Mar 28, 2002
    Queens, NY
    To be honest, I only read the first sentence. For months I was hoping the networks themselves would sell shows online (for cheaper than what iTunes would sell for) that one can download onto the video players. I assumed, foolishly, that's what finally happened. It's still good news because I can now buys those on demand and TIVO them to my Archos player like I do from HBO and Showtime on demand. Hopefully more and more networks will sell their contents in the future, online or on demand tv. It would beat going through the TV guides and the process of editing out the commercials everyday.

5. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're not all editing out the commercials.

6. Fleetwood Mac #1

Mar 28, 2002
    Queens, NY
    Hmm .. MP3newswire (my main source for pvp news) article does not make it clear.

http://www.mp3newswire.net/stories/5002/nbc.html

If CBS programs are to include commercials, they will have to be edited out eventually. People won't like the idea of renting shows with commercials on, especially when programs from NBC and other competing networks (I'm expecting more announcements) will be free of annoyance.