Been Waiting For This Moment.. All My Life.. Oh Madrid! - Welcome Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well you can’t force it I guess. If it’s not in his personality to be a leader then it is what it is. Hopefully he can be a “leader” through his performances on the pitch...

2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I agree with this, his bad start was mainly due to him being in bad shape and I think this video is looking at the numbers and trying to justify it with other things. Once he rounded into shape, he was phenomenal, and before he went down, we were playing some of the most entertaining football I've seen from this team in quite a long time, and he was at the heart of it all.

Looking forward to seeing him back, quite interested to see how he plays with Asensio, I think he'll benefit the latter significantly.

Stiliyan, Saeta Rubia, Drouchk and 3 others repped this.
  3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we wins the league with Hazard as our star player, it does not matter what happened throughout the season. The next 9 games will determine his legacy with Real Madrid.

4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed

Excape Goat repped this.
  5. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We should try playing Hazard in a second striker role behind Benz with VJ and Asensio on the left and right wings. Thoughts?

Prit Javier repped this.
  6. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That leaves only 2 holding midfielders, I don’t like it.

Digital and Hsain85 repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt we'll be doing much experimenting right now. Whatever we've done up to this point we're sticking to it, anything else is asking for trouble. Season is over before the players adapted to a new system and idea.

8. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    As long as Casemiro, Valverde play together and not grandad Modric we are at less risk

Kroosinator repped this.
  9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I get the excitement with Marco after the goal, the truth is though he never does well playing on the wings, he is never involved enough and just not a consistent player , it’s why many of us have sat here and wondered what his best position is

that sacrifices Toni too, not for me, don’t like it and I think it makes us far more vulnerable when we don’t have the ball

J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Toni Kroos is one of the best midfielders in the world, taking him off the pitch is a no go for me.

J-Mezzy, Digital and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  11. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Valverde, Casemiro, Toni cant play every game either they need to be rotated. I think to play Valverde & Casemiro a 4-4-2 formation is needed and keep a bank 4.

Kroosinator repped this.
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hazard did some interior training today without the team, but the club states it’s part of the plan to take care of his ankle and that there’s no problem

13. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Its good we are managing him, no point to use him in all the games

MiamiNative0722 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Explains why Zidane rested him yesterday.

madridista_hr and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  15. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    been waiting for this moment all his life
    FAT FLOP

16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He will score in the second half (if he is out there)

17. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Following Barcelona getting desperate and spending a shit load on the likes of Dembélé, Coutinho and Griezmann who have all been trash, I hope we learn our lesson with Hazard and don't follow the this trend of paying top dollar for mediocre talent.

Courtois, Marcelo, Varane, Ramos, Carvajal, Kroos, Modric, Casemiro and Benzema cost a fair price or nothing at all. Ronaldo was a record buy but by far, along with Messi, the best player in the world who made is transfer fee look like peanuts after a couple of seasons.

If we won the league the season Ronaldo left, I don't see us spending stupid money on Hazard. We got desperate and purchased someone who was even at the time an inconsistent player. Let's just not make the same mistake going forward.

Raumdeuter, J-Mezzy and RMrules repped this.
  18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He will keep playing and eventually play himself into form (a benefit not granted to everyone), he is too talented and surrounded by too much talent to fail here.

My only complain is that his signing impeded the development of our most promising player in Vinicius.

Keep playing Hazard and allow him to play himself into form, but find a way to play Vin as well. He is our spark offensively and an immense talent for the future

19. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    stfu

20. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Hazard has been a non-factor during most of this season.

Should Real Madrid win LaLiga, it's despite Hazard's bad form & injuries...

21. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Stick him on the right or it’s the bench.

No way Vinicius should be behind him just because of his price tag.

RMrules repped this.
  22. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And it’s my biggest complaint. We never needed Hazard and his transfer set a bad precedent.

I want Hazard to prove me wrong, but this guy can’t even beat players one on one anymore. Has not aged well at all and not a good enough player to build the attack around.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    What exaggerations.

No one was beating players one-on-one tonight. Espanyol put eleven players behind the ball with dual lines and packed it in tight. They literally doubled the wings.

We have to actually understand what were watching guys....

This forun turns on players and the manager so quickly. I mean Hazard has had a couple good games since his return. He has a rough one and he's now fat and should be sold.

If we dropped points same people would be insulting Zidane and saying they wish someone else were here...

24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hazard hasn't lived up to the transfer

But we can't and shouldn't give up on him. At the end of the day, if we win the league and compete in the CL despite of a non stellar season from our star player, we can only imagine what we can do once he settles in and our attack gets better (either through signings or development of young players)

Bear Crotch repped this.
  25. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My point is Hazard isn’t some generational player that was worth purchasing at all costs, which is going to impede Vinicius‘ development for the foreseeable future.

Vinicius is our golden boy and ready to start week in and week out right now. Kids are making the jump younger these days.

It was an unnecessary transfer