Been Waiting For This Moment.. All My Life.. Oh Madrid! - Welcome Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Everyone misses some from time to time. It’s impressive though his percentage is so high with so many penalties taken. The guy certainly isn’t flustered by the big moment.

I guarantee a lot more of those penalties CR took were high pressure situations versus Hazard’s for example...

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Griezmann has only missed 1 more penalty than Hazard. Might even be that one against us.

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Valencia's Alves gave him the most trouble among GIs. He has saved multiple Ron penalties. Alves in general was the best GK in penalty situations.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  4. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He'd miss plenty more when he takes as many pens as Eden has.

5. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    He missed in CL final for Manchester United and he also missed one against Bayern in the CL semifinal for us iirc?? Or did he not take the penultimate one like he should have?

But he was tip tier when it came to penalties. Only people I’d prefer to him are Ruud van Nistelrooy and Zidane.

6. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Against Bayern I think Kaka, Ronaldo and Ramos took our first three and all missed?

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe. He does miss more meals than Hazard.

Raumdeuter and Lyra repped this.
  8. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol:D

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I saw that tweet but this one right below it jumped out to me even more..

Truly the best ever.

Okay I'm done. Continue.

Kroosinator, Lyra, Eddie and 4 others repped this.
  10. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Insane. That speaks to his mental side to deliver at that stage consistently.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    It amazes me that people who champion Micheal Jordan's mental strength ignore Cristiano's and focus on messi close ball control and dribbling ability.

Apparently mental strength (just like jumping, movement off the ball, durability, etc) isn't a part of international football.... yet it is a part of basketball.

Zidane05 repped this.
  12. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah. It’s one clear area where Cristiano and Messi are clearly miles apart.

I was watching the Jordan docu with my brother and dad and we were making that point as well about MJ and Cristiano and their psychological traits being similar.

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1255939432508727296 is not a valid tweet id

Kroosinator repped this.
  14. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cristiano Ronaldo is my favorite athlete ever, not only that he's a countrymen to me which brings even more special meaning for me & the Portuguese side of my family.

I still can't put him above Jordan though as greatest athlete ever. I think Michael Jordan is the most mentally strong athlete I've ever seen, and that is a big part of why he's the GOAT. For me it can't be stated enough how important that mental side of sports are, most nerds who never played a sport at a high level don't get this.

15. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bruh, now your propping up a Barca player over one of our own. Hazard >>> Griezmann, not once did I ever feel worried when Griezmann had the ball against us, not with Real/Atletico/Barca.

Hazard is one of the best players of this last decade, Griezmann was a good system player that fit well in team-oriented systems in Atletico and France. Hazard is not Ronaldo or Messi level, but surely he is better than Griezmann's level lol.

lukita and Zidane05 repped this.
  16. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have seen 4x4 absolutely sh*t on greasyman in the past so the positive praise of him recently is interesting...

Kroosinator and Lyra repped this.
  17. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Since we're on Griezmann topic:

1256036097014091777 is not a valid tweet id

lukita, Kroosinator, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Same here, but at the same time, i have likewise not felt "omg, we could potentially face Hazard in the next round" once in my life which is why i rank them about as high as one another.

I'm saying they are similarly tiered players and people here pretend i said Griezmann is Balon d'Or matierial because they felt donut boy would replace Cristiano Ronaldo with his "dribbles".

Also when did Hazard become "one of our own"? Only been injured and in the kitchen so far so spare me that. So far Hazard had the kind of season people want to get rid of players for.

Raumdeuter, Ahmadi8 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just a few players TAA has faced: Cristiano, Messi, Sterling, Son, Gnabry, Ribery, Neymar, Mbappe

He says Hazard is the most difficult he's faced

Hsain85 repped this.
  20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As an English player not surprised he would choose someone from the EPL so really it was between Sterling, Son and Hazard, the end....

let me add, I am biased here also, I don’t rate TAA that highly as a defender like everyone else does so generally not putting much stock into his thoughts on that side of his game

Ahmadi8 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like Hazard but it still feels like he's not one of our players.

Digital repped this.
  22. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard is one of the best dribblers and playmakers in the game, second to maybe only Messi. The way people talk about him here youd think we signed Drenthe. It's ok to be annoyed about his lack of shape and rustiness at the start, then his injuries later, but he was looking pretty damn good before getting hurt in that PSG game. Youd think RM fans would get excited about him getting back on the field and showing more of that. Am literally mindblown by the negativity here sometimes, then again I was here when Cristiano and Modric were being shat on so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

petros93 and Stiliyan repped this.
  23. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine

MaxY, 4x4s and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He hasn't really been has he?

It's going to be hard for fans to forget how he started his stay at what was suppose to be his dream scenario.

He really screwed up badly.

Ahmadi8, Saeta Rubia and J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is my sentiment as well. Was so excited about his signing, but he has barely featured and even less memorable games. Biggest dissapoinment was how unprofessional he was coming overweight to the pre season obviously. When I see players praising Hazard, first thought comes to my mind is that it's about Chelsea Hazard and I am not sure we'd get that version. He will have to show that on the pitch and taking care of himself as old ways won't work when you are close to 30.

Digital repped this.